UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-RGB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twitter comment from DSTChuck: "Worked on finishing the RGB MM line plan for next year. I think its our most complete tightest line plan to date."

Wow, those should be interesting to see. Can't say I'm a fan of them any more (I was as a kid, but have since grown up), but I hope they can pull off a Minimate version of that haunted toilet from the original toy line.

Twitter comment from DSTChuck: "Worked on finishing the RGB MM line plan for next year. I think its our most complete tightest line plan to date."

Awesome. Those should be some cool, colorful Minimates :buttrock:

And yes, the Fearsome Flush will be epic.

This is fantastic!!!! Can't wait to see what they come out with

besides the 4 guys, slimer, and Janine who do you want to see in RGB MiniMate form?

and they may not be able to do Fearsome Flush as he was not in the cartoon, merely the toy line which may have it's own set of licensing red tape...

Edited by Jay Tigran

and they may not be able to do Fearsome Flush as he was not in the cartoon, merely the toy line which may have it's own set of licensing red tape...

I could have swore I saw him in one of the openings. Might have been a possessed shower. In any case, if DST doesn't do Fearsome Flush, then they can count me out. . .not just of this line, but of collecting Minimates generally.

As much as I love the RGB cartoon (I have the complete dvd set), I really can't see them *easily* doing a lot with the franchise, outside of the main human characters. The various ghosts would be cool, there is a lot of variety, but I feel like they would need to make A LOT of custom parts for the ghosts. I know they've done various ghosts for the movie line, but at least they had a decent amount of human characters in there that didn't need a lot of custom parts. Anticipating this line, but still can't see getting an entire line worth of 'mates from this. I think I would be happy with just a boxset of the main characters in RGB form.

Maybe the RGB license will at least allow for an Ecto-1 that we can use for the movie 'mates.

In any case, if DST doesn't do Fearsome Flush, then they can count me out. . .not just of this line, but of collecting Minimates generally.

Maybe just sewer grapes but I'm with you Karamazov80 :angry: My wish list:

Real Gut Busters Wave 1:

Fearsome Flush & Golden Age Flush

Titanic Craptain & Brown Slime Monster

Clear-Through Slimer & Wind-blower Winston

Stay-Poo & Zombie Turd Wiper

Then they could bring out a dump case ...............

Well, there's already the potential for three versions of the GBs themselves:

- Normal

- Citizen Ghost attire (From the end of the first movie)

- Slimed

Then there's four versions of Janine they can do:

- Season One Janine

- Season One Janine in Venkman's jumpsuit

- Season Two and above Janine (significant character design change)

- Season Two and above Janine in her pink GB jumpsuit

I can already smell the million Slimer and Stay Puft variants so we'll skip them.

As for ghosts, there are:

- Samhain

- Boogeyman

- Jeremy from Ragnarök and Roll

- Ghost Master

- Grundle

- GB doppelgangers from Citizen Ghost

- People Busters

Those are the memorable ones off the top of my head.

Edited by Brad Redfield

I fade in and out of paying attention to Minimate news. (I know, bad fan!) But I'm all kinds of into some RGB 'mates. I hadn't heard about that until today.

Do we know when they might start showing up? (Generally, of course; I'm sure they haven't said "April 15, 2011" or anything.)

PS I'd absolutely buy some EGB mates, too. At least a boxed set of the main guys (and gal).

• 1 month later...

Hey everybody!

Got some good news from the world of ArtAsylum!

Justin Brushett

I was curious when we could expect to see a preview of the Real Ghostbusters line and what kind of characters & ghosts to expect (obviously the fab four and slimer). Thanks for your time! Justin B

DSTChuck: Justin, I think the line plan is a good mix and the run with specialty and TRU is very complimentary, it came together very well. Based on what you was for the movies, it’s pretty safe to say the ghost will not be forgotten. We’ll show some RGB stuff at Toy Fair if not sooner.

And more today:

The last two RGB MM making up the specialty set are Slimer and Janine in office attire- I'll start TRU 2pks tomorrow.

This is GREAT news!!!!!

I'm glad they specified Janine was in her office attire, means they will be making a GB suit variant too *crosses fingers*

I want to see what the packs/throwers look like...I really hope they remolded them to look like the toons

TRU RGB S1: The first two pack is GB Slimer and GB outfit Janine- more tomorrow.

WooHoo! GB outfit Janine...I wonder what the color scheme will be

I wonder what he means by "GB Slimer"

Edited by Jay Tigran

can not wait to see these