UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 4 anncounced and 1-3 release dates!

AdyCarter

RAGH! Still No Booster Power Bands! Booster Fan Smash!

Never mind Cyc, you can console yourself with the DC Direct Booster Gold figure from the 52 line.

It's solicited in this months previews and looks great.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know DSTMatt was on earlier today. I wonder if he's reading this thread and feeling jealous in any way of our eager anticipation for the DC line to kick off and our lackluster appreciation for the upcoming Marvel waves?

i am equally excited about wave 14 of the marvel minimates.

just in case he pops in again

I am excited about both releases, but I'm much more excited about new figures than movie versions of the same ones. They look great, don't get me wrong, but they just don't generate the same excitement in me.

sorry, wasnt trying to be an ass....

i was merely stating that i am excited for all minimates. it is my hope that dc does so well that marvel takes notice...but i will not be turning down any minimates i love em :)

I agree - don't get me wrong, I'll probably still buy the X3 series, but I'm nowhere near as excited by them as I am by the DC stuff.

If they were coming out at the same time, which would you buy first?

my honest answer is BOTH at the same time. It wouldnt matter if i had to lose a kidney to get em

I agree - don't get me wrong, I'll probably still buy the X3 series, but I'm nowhere near as excited by them as I am by the DC stuff.

If they were coming out at the same time, which would you buy first?

You know me, Reid. It would have to be DC! Finally the DCU in the palm of our hands! emember all the great speculation the surrounded the initial report that AA could make all the JLU characters? Now we're getting all the classic characters we've always wanted. Icing on the cake? if we start getting a wave each month! I know where my toy cash will be going (divided with Lego of course!)

If you look very close at the elbow joint, you see that Ares' has more roundness on the inner parts of the joint, which is more noticeable on the 2.5" 'mates.

Looks like Ares and Killer Croc will be standard Minimate size not the larger KISS, LOTR size that they appeared to be in the original illustrations. Same will probably be true for Bane then.

They look the same to me, although the Ares does appear smaller. I hope that it's just an illusion!

heightcomparison.jpg

Croc is clearly in the larger scale although the height of Batman's ears makes it seem like less of a difference. And Ares does seem to be in the 2" scale in this comparison pic but I think he's not pictured to scale. If you look at his arms they are thicker than Wonder Woman's which makes me think that although he looks like he's only 2", he will be in the 2.5" scale.

If you look very close at the elbow joint, you see that Ares' has more roundness on the inner parts of the joint, which is more noticeable on the 2.5" 'mates.

Kirby! You're back. How was the Big Easy? Did Shanester catch you stealing his 'mates? ;)

Looks like Ares and Killer Croc will be standard Minimate size not the larger KISS, LOTR size that they appeared to be in the original illustrations. Same will probably be true for Bane then.

They look the same to me, although the Ares does appear smaller. I hope that it's just an illusion!

heightcomparison.jpg

Croc is clearly in the larger scale although the height of Batman's ears makes it seem like less of a difference. And Ares does seem to be in the 2" scale in this comparison pic but I think he's not pictured to scale. If you look at his arms they are thicker than Wonder Woman's which makes me think that although he looks like he's only 2", he will be in the 2.5" scale.

If you look at WW's hair, it looks like it's giving some height to the Minimate, I bet Ares is in the 2.5 inch scale, it just looks like WW's taller because of the hair.

Or maybe it's just Photoshopped, which is the most likely case.

Until these 'mates are in my hot little hands, DCD's announcements are little more than official wish lists.

Get 'em to me this time. No more teasing.

True that, only wish lists for now. Not excited yet, we still have to see the final pricing.

Coming soon, to a comic book store near you:

DC Direct Minimates. Featuring some of your favorite characters from the DC Universe! Each pack will come at a suggested retail price of $29.99. Act now and receive, absolutely free, a melted down C3 Batcave. This lump of plastic will give you far more hours of play than the shoddy Batcave ever would!

All kidding aside, despite my dislike of DC, if I had to choose between this and X3, I'd have these first. Tons of characters, accessories, what's not to like? Yeah, X3 will have new sculpts, but the fun of minimates is that for one, they aren't based on humans, and two, its fun playing with the little crap that comes with them. With the exception of the Cable/Bishop two-pack, every Marvel release since Punisher/Blade has been one big kick in the balls after another.

Yeah, I can see some one at DCD saying "the minis are going to be delayed -- change the date on the website!" The poor coder who works the site has no idea when they're coming out, so he just plays it safe and changes the year to 2007. :)