UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hunt Contest Chat Thread!

TBT!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So say we all.!*

I'm totally in for Ivan's idea. I don't mind if it takes a little longer - maybe a week -, since we'll get a few pics or so everyday (e.g. a few per challenge?) andwe'll have our fun on commenting on them. The results themself will be the icing of the cupcake!

_____

* Did I ever mention that I love that phrase? I'm always happy when someone (BHM most of the time) comes up with it.

...I get comparison burnout and the fun/freshness of each set gets worse as I see more...

... some folks pix will be shown later than others and I'm pretty sure all that entered want your pix up asap?

You can reveal my pics last as long as you judge them early on! :D:P

Sure, do the drip-feed reveal, could be fun. Save announcing the results for the end maybe.

I am up for it too! i forget to look up the picts and come back to them later when it does not matter. i think last year i looked through 5 and then found something pretty and forgot about the rest. it was only until the middle of this year's contest when I went back and looked through them all.

OK folks... I have the results... I have to say this took so long because it was a real struggle to seperate the top entries, pretty much anyone who sent all 32 were in with a chance!

The top three are:

Winner!

Bob Harris

Second:

VBPannizi

Third:

Max Carnage

Second and third place had identical scores but because VBpannizi had my favourite pic of the whole contest he just gets the edge! ( yes it was his disco picture!)

Fave pic of the contest ( excluding top 3 winners, cos they get enough already!) was REALLY hard to choose, If I had my way everyone would win this because there were so many awesome pix that made me laugh or smile, but I had to give it to someone...

Ivan for his abducted by aliens!

Everyone else who sent in entries will be getting a 2009 SDCC Ghostbusters Blank!

Thanks to all that entered and I will start to post the galleries tomorrow :)

T.

Congratulations to the illustrious Top Three! :thumbsup:

And also to Ivan, for a second straight year of extraterrestrial weirdness :lol:

It would have been cool to win, but hey, it's a relief just having this fun event see one more year! Now I'm really excited to see how everybody did their pictures! (Especially Bob's full oeuvre and vbpanazzi's mysterious disco photo...)

Woohoo!

Didn't expect it, but I'm honored! (Especially when you folks are going to see what hard time it was to deal with that little b*stard of a Hunt "buddy". Guess you already got it, my avatar was my Hunt buddy this year and he just wouldn't stop commenting on EVERYTHING! I mean, I really think I came up with some pretty neat ideas, but he was mocking on everything. I'm glad that I can put him back where he belongs in the next days: Off of my desk and back to the avatar space thingy! :P )

AND: congratulations VBPannizi and Max Carnage for second and third. And Ivan for best pic!

I'm really looking forward to see the pics of all of you!

Say T, are you still into this spotlight idea Ivan came up with?

:lol: I don't know what's more hilarious: the pictures themselves or the fact that they're not labeled so you have to figure out for yourself which challenge is which (which is harder than it sounds once you get to Ivan's pics... seriously, can someone explain to me which challenge this one is supposed to be? :blink:)

So far, everyone's looks really good :thumbsup: I'd list down my favorites, but then I remembered this is just the first 4 reveals. The photos I took look almost silly and amateurish in comparison.

Thanks again TBT for organizing this :D So I guess the next batch of reveals will come tomorrow?

Heh, I can give a little hint without giving too much away. That photo was for the "Recreate a previous challenge challenge."

I liked EMP's Conan the Librarian entry. (Don't you know the Dewey Decimal System?) And the layout of "freeing from plastic prisons" was cool as well.

Groundhog's burning marshmallow turned out really nice and I had no idea you could prove you weren't a Cylon with a simple colonoscopy. :)

There's a certain irony in Luke's franken-mate being used for the "unique" challenges. I wonder how many there will be by the end of the reveals.

Bring on more flaming marshmallow!

EDIT: To add linking goodness.

Edited by Ivan

The photos I took look almost silly and amateurish in comparison.

That's exactly what I feel like! And I guess it will be very embarrassing when you expect something great just because I won. Those are amazing! Folks, if you'd came up with all of the pics, you would have made it! :thumbsup:

Groundhog, I love you're mate rising! Great idea for the preparation pic! But I don't get this one... :blink:

EMP, your photos are great! I especially love your alien kidnapping and this one is your traveling really fast pic, right? Cool idea!

Ivan, that preparation is great and the evil liar is towering! Are these sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads?

And great Battle Beast custom, Dio! Are we actually going to see this one in the future?

Good lord, Ivan, how many days does it take you to set up one picture? heh. Truly lovely work and I wish I was smart enough to get the story behind each one. Still thinking on that eyeball... I'll be begging for a higher-rez version of the Prep picture, that's desktop material, there.

And EMP, nice plastic prison rescue scene. And "Coming Soon, Squirrel Girl" -- don't tease me, man!

Edited by Cappy

But I don't get this one... :blink:

That's my buddy going fast (the Earth is travelling around the Sun at around 67,000 miles per hour). It's actually a cheap way to get one more picture in.

To me, the best part of this was doing some of it with my sons. It's been a rough month having added a new baby to the mix and them helping was a good bonding experience. No matter how imperfect the pictures are or how incomplete the entry is, you can't win anything better than father son bonding (with toys).

And very cool stuff from everyone else so far.

Hey for those folks that are beating themselves up...

DONT! there were 5-6 of you who were very close on scores at the top and just because you didn't frame/light them perfectly or make the most beautiful pictures doesn't mean they didn't score well.

When judging this I look for originality, effort and just plain fun! Most of you had that in spades... This was the hardest year yet to try to assign numbers to images because from everyone there are some great ( and some that kinda stink ;) pix taken.

T.

:lol: I don't know what's more hilarious: the pictures themselves or the fact that they're not labeled so you have to figure out for yourself which challenge is which (which is harder than it sounds once you get to Ivan's pics... seriously, can someone explain to me which challenge this one is supposed to be?)

So far, everyone's looks really good :thumbsup: I'd list down my favorites, but then I remembered this is just the first 4 reveals. The photos I took look almost silly and amateurish in comparison.

Thanks again TBT for organizing this So I guess the next batch of reveals will come tomorrow?

If you right click and choose "View Image" from the context menu, you should be able to see the filename, because I saw mine since I labeled mine XD

The photos I took look almost silly and amateurish in comparison.

That's exactly what I feel like! And I guess it will be very embarrassing when you expect something great just because I won. Those are amazing! Folks, if you'd came up with all of the pics, you would have made it! :thumbsup:

Groundhog, I love you're mate rising! Great idea for the preparation pic! But I don't get this one... :blink:

EMP, your photos are great! I especially love your alien kidnapping and this one is your traveling really fast pic, right? Cool idea!

Ivan, that preparation is great and the evil liar is towering! Are these sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads?

And great Battle Beast custom, Dio! Are we actually going to see this one in the future?

Dunno, I really only made it as a "costume" for my minimate XD I might work on it when I get a break from school. Glad you liked the sculpt though.