UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

I was actually talking about Lex in a business suit TENIME, thanks Pickle :D Oh, and yes, in my area the Wal Mart's are clearancing them out at $30. Hell, if I know other stores, they are marking it down even more. Seems to be a store to store difference with both Wally's and Target during this time :rolleyes:

Hey Donster.... would you be able to grab me a set? :D at that awesome price...

I also read that it is part of an after christmas toy sale...

Edited by pickle

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent a reply to your pm Pickle ;) AFT has a nice compare and contrast review of the DCU vs DCD RB Wave. Like I've said elsewhere(and probable here), why is this wave being wasted on the DCU line? Why not just put it with the GL and call it good? I realize they are gearing up for the movie, but it doesn't even hit theaters until the summer <_<

Great DCUC haul today :)

Work got in two cases of Green Lantern Classics and four cases of DCUC vs MOTUC.

I got a full set of GLC plus three extra Manhunters and the Aquaman/Merman 2-pack.

Pros: First pick, my discount and a $10 coupon from a cineplex gift certificate my wife got.

Cons: Trilingual packaging (very short bio in 15 languages) and no 3D glasses.

I also have a Manhunter ordered from my LCS to get the 3D glasses. I really only need one set.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Soooooo... anybody still collecting these?

The Bane wave's shown up pretty strong in my area, though I still haven't been able to find AzBats. The previous wave's been almost entirely MIA, but Target seems to have a baffling strategy of restocking old waves when the new ones are hitting, so I'm sure I'll find my Martian Manhunter while I'm looking for Bronze Tiger and Captain Boomerang.:rolleyes:

I was rooting for Swamp Thing to be added to the line for years, but after seeing the prototype, I can't say that it's better then the old DCD Swamp Thing. So I dunno, I'm on the fence.

I'm very apprehensive about the future of this line, because I don't think the Blackest Night or Super Friends waves are going to do all that well. And the thing with this line is that a pegwarmer or two can just kill it, because the packages are so stupefyingly big (and getting bigger!) that stores will just sit on the 3-4 they have and not stock the new waves. And two entire waves of potential peg warmers could be death. From here on out my mantra will be "just make Hawk and Dove and I'll be happy".

Sadly I stopped collecting after GLC wave 1. I enjoyed the line at the time but some very bad ebay/fwoosh purchases/trades left a bad taste in my mouth. I don't favor the line as much as I used to because of it.

I found a different line of collectibles I wanted to acquire and decided to sacrifice DCUC.

You are very right hellpop, when this line warms a peg, it is a long peg warm.

• 2 weeks later...

So this finally happened:

GentlemanGhost002.jpg

I picked him up last weekend at Motor City Comic Con.

GentlemanGhost004.jpg

Woo hoo! "Mimi Atom"!

GentlemanGhost001.jpg

This is just an indescribably amazing feeling! I highly recommend it!

GentlemanGhost007.jpg

Aside from that, I'm just waiting to find the rest of Wave 16. I've found Az-Bats, Creeper, and Jonah Hex so far.

They're re-releasing him in a 2-pack, right? I hope you didn't pay too much!

The 2-pack is already out. It's a Walmart exclusive and he comes with Hawkgirl. He does not, however, come with the Giganta pieces or the mini Atom. I actually had to buy him in a complete set of Wave 8, of which I have all the others. As long as I can sell the other figures for reasonable prices, he should wind up costing me about $20.

Congrats on finishing Giganta off, Magnus! I know a lot of collectors are in the same boat as you. I hope Mattel plans to have A LOT of Giganta heads and crotches available when they do this "C&C swap" thing on the convention trail this year.

I actually got pretty lucky with him; I was in Anaheim when this wave was first hitting, and I ended up vising CornerStore Comics and buying a few figures, him included. I had no idea that he'd become as HTF as he's been... guess I can't complain about not being able to find the Martian Manhunter, Kyle Rayner, or AzBats anywhere.

I got lucky with GG and someone actually found him and Hawkgirl for me. For whatever reason I only saw this wave in my area once at retail and once at my lcbs. Congratulations and good luck with getting rid of the extra pieces. Hellpop, did you ever get Martian Manhunter? I might have an extra one if you need him. Send me a pm if you do.

I got lucky with GG and someone actually found him and Hawkgirl for me. For whatever reason I only saw this wave in my area once at retail and once at my lcbs. Congratulations and good luck with getting rid of the extra pieces. Hellpop, did you ever get Martian Manhunter? I might have an extra one if you need him. Send me a pm if you do.

Thanks, but I'm actually holding out for finding one in a store, because I bought him on Amazon long ago and received the variant. I didn't think it would be a big deal, and I wouldn't have much problem finding him and making the switch(DCUC always turns up in my area... eventually), so of course I've never seen this wave fully at retail. I'm sure my Targets will stock it when they're supposed to be getting the Apache Chief wave....

You might check out K-Mart if they are in your area. Seems them and TRU are the only one's that are still carrying that wave in my area.

You might check out K-Mart if they are in your area. Seems them and TRU are the only one's that are still carrying that wave in my area.

Same here. In fact, most of the TRUs in my area just restocked Wave 15 over the last couple weeks. I was finally able to get a Jack Knight Starman.

I've actually got FOUR K-Marts in my area, three of which got in this wave when it was first released to them (at $7.50, you'll remember), and all of which restocked immediately... with the Trigon wave, which has sat and sat and sat there for months. <_<

Stuff like this is the reason I :rolleyes: when people start kvetching about finding Minimates at Toys R Us. Collecting Minimates is a dainty walk in the park compared to trying to solve the riddle that is DC Universe Classics.

or JLU for that matter :yucky:

Oh man, don't get me started...

...too late. :)

I was really into the JLU line for quite awhile; it was probably my favorite toy line for a few years there. But eventually the figures just weren't worth the hassle and expense any more. As the line became more of a budget line, the quality really dipped, which is not a good trait for a toy so frustrating to chase. I remember buying the Question, whom had been at the top of my want list for ages and ages, and feeling done, like I'd reached a good jumping off point. I ended up keeping a handful of figures to which I was particularly attached and selling the rest. Since then I've been occasionally tempted to pick up a figure, like classic Aquaman or Plastic Man, but for the most part I've no regrets. Seeing how high the price point's crept up sure reinforces the decision.

I tend to beat the drum for TRU as Minimates' retail home, in large part because the difference between Minimates as a TRU exclusive and JLU as a Target exclusive is night and day. Sure, TRU's not perfect, but in general Minimates are sold via TRU.com; stocked in most stores within a few weeks of release; and RESTOCKED, so you don't feel that you have to be there the day a set hits a store or you'll never see it again. Sure, that's not true for everybody, but in general TRU's done all right by the Minimate collector. Not so Target and JLU.

Sorry for the digression... :blush:

I noticed the awesome looking Plastic Man a few months ago at Target, and was gonna pick him up on a whim. Then I noticed he was $8 or $9? Screw that! Those figures are worth $5 tops! Small figures, extremely limited articulation, minimal accessories, bare bones packaging, and a price tag like that just don't make sense to me.