UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Images for wave #25

TBT!

It be cool if they made a classic two pack of Iron Monger and an updated Silver Centurion Iron Man. More Armors please!!!!!

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly the best wave ever. Even the set that I originally had no interest in (Skaar/Rulk) has me excited; my Conan 'mate is now complete!! I'm also now thinking that 2 A.I.M. agents will not be enough (he's absolutely perfect!); what to do?!? Army-builders with the variants is a great idea that is long over-due (worked well in BSG) in the Marvel line. Now, if we could just get some sort of exclusive sets (A.I.M./Hydra for example) for those who'd really like to go overboard (gimmee more, more, MORE!!! *please?); I for one, would be thrilled with this sort of rehash!

*Sorry if I come-off as ungrateful, but the thought of legions of these 'lil bastards bring out the megalomaniac in me!

Bolt face Iron Man mask debuted in the early Don Heck issue Tales of Suspense #54.

He wore that mask during that period in the Avengers and in Tales of Suspense until #66 when the design remained the same but the bolts were discarded. He'd wear this armor through his series until sometime in the 1980's when he would adopt the Silver Centurion Armor for a time. This is the "classic" armor that he wore for the majority of his career.

Seeing the bolt faced mask and the smooth faced mask says two things to you if you're a Silver Age Iron Man fan.

Don Heck and Gene Colan.

Once again, looking at those issues now as I type I will agree that Bolt face is very likely from ToS #54 onwards BUT there is way too much detail on the torso of the classic IronMan mini to be from that era, also the huge shoulder parts scream a later artist. Having said that if you look at the group picture then there is less shaded detailing, perhaps with Matts comment above you might be right.

I guess we all see different versions in the same mini, with big shoulders and detailed chest I see Romita and Layton, you see an earlier version. ;)

T.

I can completely see it as a Layton/Romita Jr. version. Depending upon which artist you look at, any of 'em could be this version of the armor. That's what I like about it. It is THE definitive Iron Man armor.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou THANK YOU DST!!!

I'm actually surprised by how good-looking this wave is! Now I REALLY want that New Cap, Skaar and Iron Man! Heck, I even want that AIM agent... this wave is THAT good-looking!

When I saw that alternate outfit for Red Skull though, I thought for one crazy minute that DST had finally changed their minds on the variant for this wave.

WOW - Some epic looking 'Mates there.

I don't read any of the comics these guys appear in, but i think i'll be getting myself an Iron Man, Red Skull & Bucky Cap. They are all VERY awesome looking.

Am i allowed to mention my *slight* disappointment at the lack of a Nazi insignia on Red Skulls Arm? I know it's probably a bit risky for AA & DST to release a toy (seen by some as a 'childrens' product) with Nazi characteristics . . but it really is part of the character's history. Perhaps we'll see a convention exclusive with swastika arm-band?

Worst. Variant. Ever. No, wait. That was Raft Sentury. Or DOFP Logan. Or one of the "unmasked" ones. Never mind. Nothing to see here. XD (just to be clear, I was joking)

Seriously though. I hate that Cap head. Always have, ever since it showed up in the Invaders. I love the old one. This one means more work for me because I have to actually go and cut it up myself. Not that I don't mind the work, I just don't like the piece.

Red Skull's Tony Stark piece makes me laugh.

Sam is pleased. Carry on. You've all done very well!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Am i allowed to mention my *slight* disappointment at the lack of a Nazi insignia on Red Skulls Arm? I know it's probably a bit risky for AA & DST to release a toy (seen by some as a 'childrens' product) with Nazi characteristics . . but it really is part of the character's history. Perhaps we'll see a convention exclusive with swastika arm-band?

Erm cant see it happening... making Decals for arm bands would be your friend in that case I guess.

T.

Erm cant see it happening... making Decals for arm bands would be your friend in that case I guess.

T.

I thought that might be the answer. Looks i'm gonna have to get savvy with customizing. I've always wanted to - now i have the perfect excuse :)

T.

I thought that might be the answer. Looks i'm gonna have to get savvy with customizing. I've always wanted to - now i have the perfect excuse :)

You know what really got me? The lack of insignia on the Indiana Jones "German" figures. They had red stars, as if that makes up for it. They're not communists! I understand it's a delicate issue, but shall we discuss how many Germans the Russians killed on their mad rape dash to Berlin?

I'm sorry. I believe we've discussed this before, haven't we?

I have a BlackHawk body all ready for a nice tasty Red Skull head. XD

Is it me or would the Hulk figures be just a smidge better with hands similar to those on The Thing?

You'd look awesome with thing hands Reideen, maybe you're right and the hulk would too ;)

of course if they did that then they'd have to go back and remake all those hulks with different hands!

T.

Is it me or would the Hulk figures be just a smidge better with hands similar to those on The Thing?

You'd look awesome with thing hands Reideen, maybe you're right and the hulk would too ;)

of course if they did that then they'd have to go back and remake all those hulks with different hands!

T.

Actually, I have 2 pairs of Hulk hands somewhere around the house. Both the original foam rubber ones and the newer cloth ones from the recent movie. I think we've got Hulk feet somewhere too... I don't wear them often though as they make me look like a duck. DST really nailed the sculpt on those! :D

OMG! What a wave! Looking at that AIM agent makes me crave an official MODOK. Anyway DST's 2" height restriction could apply to this character? Time will tell I guess. Love the Red Hulk, Red Skull, new Cap. BTW, that new look for Ironman is the bomb. By far my favorite of the bunch. Thanks DST!

T.

There have been many heated debates on the whole Nazi insignia issue & I was trying to find a link to one of the old Red Skull threads without success. I'd be happier ,personally, if it were discussed outside of this one. I'd also be happy to join in on that particular discussion whilst leaving my flippant persona elsewhere.

Question: I wonder... why the need for the bigger crotch cover for the AIM agents? They've never been portayed as bigger than average guys in the comics. Minimates such as any of the Hulks I can understand, but an AIM agent? Just seems out of place a bit.

And does anybody else think that Skaar`s facial expression looks a little to... I dunno... bored? I mean he's the son of the Hulk for crying out loud. How's about a frown at the very least. He looks like he's been waiting in line at the bank for too long. Somber... yes. Angry... not so much. Just my 2 cents on the matter. Anybody else agree?