UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
karamazov80

Minimate compatibility thread

Diamond Select's Doctor Strange figure hit stores this week and if the following photos are any indication, the base it comes with scales much better with 2-inch Minimates than the 7"-scale figure included.

MovieStrange1-590x819.jpg

landscape_xlarge.jpg

I think I know as many collectors who buy Diamond Select toys only for the diorama pieces as ones who buy them for the figures. This wouldn't be the first time I've been tempted to do the same; keep the base and get rid of the figure.

I'm looking forward to both pieces, as I collect Selects. But when I first saw that base I knew it'd be great with Minimates. Waiting for bbts to get him in stock to get mine 

I just saw that Playmobil is finally starting to make licensed products, starting with Ghostbusters and How to Train Your Dragon:

http://popvinyls.com/2017/02/24/toy-fair-17-ghostbusters-train-dragon-playmobil/

I think Playmobil scales quite well with Minimates, so this should be good news, particularly for everyone holding out for a Minimate Ecto-1.  Here's a pic:

IMG_8216.png

Cool! Any idea on a ballpark price point for those? I don't collect Playmobile and have no clue how much their stuff usually runs.

My daughter's kind of outgrown Playmobil, so I can't say, but my memory is that it's not cheap. And I'd expect licensed stuff to be more.

Playmobil figs. are slightly taller. The firehouse is a maybe. Stay puff is a definite. I passed on the 2 ft. Bank by DST.  So I'll snag this.

$70 for the firehouse is better than $350 for the LEGO version....

Playmobil stuff is a little oversized for mates but often workable. A minimate is about the height of a plymobil child figure. I have my western mates posed on playmobil horses and though slightly big I think they look good.

15 hours ago, bilbofett said:

Playmobil figs. are slightly taller. The firehouse is a maybe. Stay puff is a definite. I passed on the 2 ft. Bank by DST.  So I'll snag this.

Now, I'm torn between getting the Playmobil Stay Puft or the Vinimates Stay Puft.

7 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

$70 for the firehouse is better than $350 for the LEGO version....

Even though the Lego version is waaaaay more, I think it looks better and it sounds like the scale is closer too.

Edited by MisterMiracle

Minimates are way too big for Lego; they don't fit inside Lego modular buildings well at all IMHO. You'd need to buy extra bricks to make it roomy enough, which (I think?) Mystery Man did.

On 3/1/2017 at 10:35 AM, hellpop said:

Minimates are way too big for Lego; they don't fit inside Lego modular buildings well at all IMHO. You'd need to buy extra bricks to make it roomy enough, which (I think?) Mystery Man did.

I did a little tweaking but left it mostly as it was. It has low ceilings (Lego version) but I'm still completely happy with it. 

That said... I'm likely gonna buy all this Playmobil stuff because it looks so appealing. 

megabloks-modern-infantry-armory-dyd75-1

Don't know if they're old news, but I saw these shipping containers (also had red) at TRU today for $12.99. Seems perfect for Netflix Daredevil.

Mattel bought megabrands(mega bloks) then ditched half the name in hopes of keeping the fans and ?? fooling the haters???

it might work as mega bloks (bricks/sets) are much better than they use to be and their minifigs are fantastic

Edited by Mattallica

Luke showed one of these in his live Facebook during his last Fast Blast sale. He said they look good and that there is an arsenal inside appropriate for Punisher.

20 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Mattel bought megabrands(mega bloks) then ditched half the name in hopes of keeping the fans and ?? fooling the haters???

it might work as mega bloks (bricks/sets) are much better than they use to be and their minifigs are fantastic

I wonder why Mattel changed the name. That brand's been around quite a while. Maybe they're trying to differentiate themselves from other "blocks" in the Fisher-Price line. Queer. 

I think its because Mega Bloks has a reputation for being a cheap Lego knock off, and they are trying to distance themselves from that.

Anybody pick up any of the Playmobil Ghostbusters stuff and can compare it to Minimates?

I'm hesitant. The stay puft could work, maybe firehouse. But the ecto 1 might be to big.

I saw them at TRU last week and was tempted. I think I will wait until they have a sale on them.