UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin

MinimateEspo25

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately there are no FYE stores near me. I'm gonna lose out on these...

Same here.

This is why I'm so pissed off with the people who make Minimates. As mentioned before, Scarlet was the one Minimate I've wanted more than others since day one and for some some reason they refuse to give him a general release. WHY?! What's wrong with including him in a regular wave or making him an exclusive that people can actually buy without any problems.

Truth be told I hope this falls through like the Target Minimates did a few months back and they decide to give him a proper release.

Truth be told I hope this falls through like the Target Minimates did a few months back and they decide to give him a proper release.

The Hell? So just because YOU don't have one single store around you, you want the entire project scrapped for the rest of US?! A store, I might mention, that so far has an excellent track record with exclusives, and that in all likelihood will be the cheapest minimates in a while once they go on clearance. And I also might add that while you may not have an FYE around you, I don't have a comic shop that stocks Minimates around me. So ask yourself, who's worse off, you cause you can't get an exclusive, or me cause I can't get Marvel, DC, BSG, ST, and all the other regular waves around me? Stop being so selfish with 'if I can't have it no one will'.

Tell ya what, if I find one, I'll really send it to you. There, now you have nothing to moan about. Happy? :D

Even if some of you don't have FYE's around, wouldn't you be able to obtain it through eBay or these boards without having to pay much more than it would cost to get it in the store itself? Its not like you have no option whatsoever if you don't have an FYE nearby. . .

The Hell? So just because YOU don't have one single store around you, you want the entire project scrapped for the rest of US?! A store, I might mention, that so far has an excellent track record with exclusives, and that in all likelihood will be the cheapest minimates in a while once they go on clearance.

I take it then you're not aware of the fact that I happen to live in the UK.

And I also might add that while you may not have an FYE around you, I don't have a comic shop that stocks Minimates around me. So ask yourself, who's worse off, you cause you can't get an exclusive, or me cause I can't get Marvel, DC, BSG, ST, and all the other regular waves around me? Stop being so selfish with 'if I can't have it no one will'.

Neither do I mate. I have to go to Bristol which is a £6.50 train ticket or drive down and try to find parking, which is not easy on a Saturday as the good spaces fill up quickly, and are expensive (meaning petrol and parking result in the trip being as, if not more expensive than the train) to get to my local store that sells minimates. Alternatively I can just order them online. However minimates often don't appear in UK stores for a further I have managed to order some exclusives through a local shop, but Minimates don't sell well for him, so waves are out of the question. Besides, what I said was:

and they decide to give him a proper release.

What I meant there was release him in a wave or a more widely available exclusive. For example two of the Target two packs were included in the recent Spider-Man Classic Box Set (though that was planned before the Target wave fell through), and the Web Armour as a rare exclusive. With that logic in mind, if the Scarlet fails to take off then hopefully they'll give him a simular release. I'd personally love to see an "Alternative Costume" box set with Scarlet, Web Armour, Iron Spidey and maybe Unmasked Ben Reilly and Unmasked Spidey 2099. I apologise if that wasn't clearer the first time around.

All I'm saying is, why do they have to make it such a rare exclusive? Heck, why even bother with bloody exclusives in the first place? The DC waves so far haven't had any, and resulted in a good six or so waves released in 2007 with potentially one or two more out before next March. That could end up being eight or so waves in the space of twelve months while Marvel has only had two/three if the Spidey 3 ones turn up anytime soon (I'm counting the twelve month period be. I just feel if they put the exclusives in the main waves, that would mean more waves for everybody which in the long run means good news for everybody.

To be fair I wouldn't normally give a rat's arse, but like I said before - Scarlet is the one minimate I've wanted more than any other. It's my all time favourite costume, and the one I've wanted in figure form the most. Heck I prefer it to classic. If I were to stop collecting minimates I'd happily do so after I got Scarlet. However sod's law says he ends up being the one exclusive I can not easily get. So why not try and see where I'm coming from here - all I'm asking is for the creators of minimates to give him a more general release. Is that to much to ask?

(and before someone says eBay, considering how rare the minimate will be, I doubt it will be easy to get off there. Plus I can't stand eBay).

I understand where you're coming from. Not to be a sadistic SOB, but exclusive traditionally means "something that everyone wants that very few people get". Esp with toys. So like it or not, I just don't see what good complaining does.

Also, you don't need to worry about ebay. Unless you get one before me, I meant what I said that I'll send a pack to you.