UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Spiderman 3 Movie Minimates!

boyd

That Sandman is absolutely amazing! How will he even fit in the package? I hope there is a regular all-sandy Minimate body buried in there, but if not, I won't be too upset.

Oh yeah, let's not forget, there's also a movie to look forward to!

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'm thinking it will be a full minimate body, just consider the pile of sand as a stand. (No I didn't meant for it to rhyme :P )

If they can fit a Prof X Wheelchair or Human Torch's Stand/Accessory, I'm sure they'll fit him in somehow.

Now that everything has been revealed I have a question:

The teaser shadow picture of series 17 and 18 showed 6 Figures on the top row and 7 on the bottom row. That picture lines up perfectly with everything we have seen so we are either missing a picture of the Variant Venom of Wave 17 or the Venom that goes with series 18. Judging from the shadow pic we just don't get to see the Variant Venom.

Can someone that knows clear this up for me?

Vox, all we are missing is the Battle-Damaged Spider man. We've seen everything else. Wizard today posted pics on Sandman, Transformation Spider-man, Venom. The remaining character will probably be posted with the group shot on DST's site tomorrow. See discussion thread here. We have about three threads going about this stuff so it can get confusing.

They're ok. I'm going to need to see them all together to decide if I'll preorder them or not though. I will say the level of detail has greatly increased. I'm just not sure if I like all of them enough compared to all the other minimate stuff coming this year.

Vox, all we are missing is the Battle-Damaged Spider man. We've seen everything else. Wizard today posted pics on Sandman, Transformation Spider-man, Venom. The remaining character will probably be posted with the group shot on DST's site tomorrow. See discussion thread here. We have about three threads going about this stuff so it can get confusing.

All cleaned up and merged.

Finally I made it to a computer terminal. Whew! Anyway here are my thought on today reveal:

Transformation Spider-Man: Looks more like when Peter is trying to get rid of the symbiote (tearing it off his body).There should be another name for this mate... like "Escaping the symbiote- Spider-man". Love the mate, not the name.

Sandy Sandman: Very cool. Just what I was expecting. What are those nasty looking channels running the length of the inner arms? Hope they're history when the final product hits shelves.

Venom: Without a doubt one of the worst looking minimates I've ever seen! It looks like a VERY BAD custom. Very sloppy like someone used a liquid paper brush to apply the detail. Hope this was an early prototype. Of all the toys I've seen of Spidey 3 Venom so far, this is by far the biggest disapointment. Please (DST & AA) tell us there is a better quality Venom than this abomination.

"Purging the symbiote- Spider-man".

That ranks right up there with "PP head Spiderman" for inappropriate names for a minimate. :D

There we go... how's that Reideen1313? All edited for you so it's not so "dirty".

Transformation Spidey looks good, and nice to see they aren't reusing Transformation Venom's chest piece, Sandman seems like a logical jump and that non-standard limbs (not just parts worn over the standard limbs) are possible.

But Venom looks like he's been completely created in Photoshop, ugh...

I love Transformation Spidey, but that Venom looks like someoe's scribbled on a black blank. Horrible.

Sandman is great though, I think he looks awesome.

I've just looked at them from my work pooter which has the crappiest screen resolution ever. From here that Venom looks like a cgi mock up to me. I agree it's rough as hell but I'm sure it'll be fixed by the time it's released. The Spidey/pp transformation has been brilliantly realised and Sandman is possibly the most unique Marvel mini ever. Kudos to AA and DST for getting us excited about a bunch of Spidey variant figures! :D

Finally I made it to a computer terminal. Whew! Anyway here are my thought on today reveal:

Transformation Spider-Man: Looks more like when Peter is trying to get rid of the symbiote (tearing it off his body).There should be another name for this mate... like "Escaping the symbiote- Spider-man". Love the mate, not the name.

Sandy Sandman: Very cool. Just what I was expecting. What are those nasty looking channels running the length of the inner arms? Hope they're history when the final product hits shelves.

Venom: Without a doubt one of the worst looking minimates I've ever seen! It looks like a VERY BAD custom. Very sloppy like someone used a liquid paper brush to apply the detail. Hope this was an early prototype. Of all the toys I've seen of Spidey 3 Venom so far, this is by far the biggest disapointment. Please (DST & AA) tell us there is a better quality Venom than this abomination.

I'm in agreement with you Mini_Myte regarding the Transformation Spider-Man - definitely the bell tower scene. I wanted an red suited Spidey with symbiote take over :( . No quarms.... this has to be the best wave so far imo.

I can't honestly say I'm crazy about these moment-specific variants. I'd really rather have more characters than these. I mean, look at the line-up of the 14 Spider-Man 3 figures:

Spidey/Peter (x5)

Eddie/Venom (x3)

Harry/Goblin (x2)

Marko/Sandman (x2)

Gwen (x1)

MJ (x1 and she's a CHASE!)

Who the hell is running this show, Mattel or Hasbro? No Aunt May or Uncle Ben, no J. Jonah Jameson or Robbie Robertson. I guess two series is as far as we'll get with this incarnation of the Spidey-verse. <_<

Well... here's the link to the Diamond Select Toys Spider-Man 3 group shot.

Diamond Select Toys

But as you'll notice there is no battle damaged Spider-Man present and black Spidey still has the big chest piece. What gives? I want answears!!!

Maybe the BD prototype wasn't up to snuff so they left it out.

From the group shot, it looks like we've now got a masked and unmasked Goblin instead.

Wonder if and how the assortment has changed.

Jo

Okay, I may be wrong (I often am) but looking at the roster list and the pics, I believe they are in fact all there. I count 14 figures in all which leads me to believe that what was announced as "battle damaged Spider-man" is the one in the front of the wave 17 group (the dark costume with the human head). If you count, there are eight figures pictured in the wave 17 group shot and only six in the wave 18. But as I said before, I could be wrong.

Edited: I am not saying that I believe that is supposed to be Spidey, only that that figure may have replaced him in the roster.

It seems they replaced battle-damaged Spidey with an unmasked New Green Goblin. I would have preferred an Aunt May or a Harry Osborn.

The big chest black spidey scares me and makes me believe the preview pack will be the only one with a regular size black spidey. What gives? Interesting thing is that they still annouce the battle-damage Spidey in their release.

I think they just don't have everyting ready. I don't see them putting 8 figs in one wave and 6 figs in another... how would the package the chase? The way I see it is they have 2 New Goblins there to show with/without the mask, otherwise, they are the same, I still think it's only 1 fig though, making wave 17 complete with 7 figs. I agree with Fujis, the BD proto isn't ready, and wave 18 will have the normal 7 figs included.

BS

If you read the caption above the picture it reads:

Spider-Man 3 Minimates Wave 1 (Marvel Minimates Series 17) features:

Red Spider-Man/New Goblin, Black-Suited Spider-Man/Flint Marko, Peter Parker/Eddie Brock and a limited Transformation Venom!

Spider-Man 3 Minimates Wave 2 (Marvel Minimates Series 18) features:

Transformation Spider-Man/Venom, Battle Damage Spider-Man/Sandman, Unmasked Black-Suited Spider-Man/Gwen Stacy and the limited Mary Jane!

In the second wave they have Battle Damage Spidy listed but not pictured. Maybe it was just an error on their part. We are human...not cylons you know. OR are we!?!?!