UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

My Minimates / Marvel Gallery Collection - video - clean

its nice when you can design your display room knowing what you have to work with. if you are remodeling, you can hide the ugly cords in the wall. if i was remodeling, that is exactly what i would do. 

I want to put glass/ plexiglass on the front of the displays so i don't have to dust as often. that will be my next project. that and adding the lights to the other shelves that sit on the ground.

Thanks for the compliment. i submitted it for the diamondselecttoys.com fan of the month thing they are starting...

https://www.diamondselecttoys.com/fan-of-the-month-application/

thanks guys. i didn't know what everyone would think. i had a vision in mind of how i wanted it to look and just built to that. i like how it turned out and im glad you all are liking it too ?

Chromatic order would be cool, but right now, most of them are grouped together with ones from the same comic. such as x-force, marvel zombies, etc... MCU movies/tv shows minimates are grouped by the movie.

I like the family groupings. That's how I usually arrange my figures though I've been tempted to put them in order of release (like an official archive) or, if I'm feeling particularly masochistic, by hue. When you've got characters whose costumes don't have a dominant color, that becomes a challenge!

How many do you have on display?

I need to recount them, but last time i counted 1200 Minimates. So i would guess it is now around 1300 or so. I will recount them and let you guys know because i am curious too.

On 3/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, DSTZach said:

Great shelves, they make for a great display! Love all the Gallery PVCs!

Thanks Zach! Hoping you noticed the NBX box set that is displayed and signed by you. Thanks for that btw! ?

LOL @DSTZach
In my mind, it makes the box set more valuable to me. 

Another signature i would really like to get is Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker on the Invincible box set.

Thanks @Shanester
I want to upgrade the display shelves further by putting glass/plexiglass on the front so I don't have to dust as often. Right now, i dust around once a year and as anyone with a minimates collections knows, it's a big job. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks @buttheadsmate !!

That is such a nice compliment to hear. I am so glad the Minimates community like what i have done with my collection. I am so happy about it. 

I will be posting another video some time in the next few weeks to show how the collection has grown. I am realizing i should have built 4 Minimates shelves instead of just the 3. I am running out of room lol

Edited by Ocelot11

Over the years I have read that many people collect 'Minimates' because they can be displayed 'easily' .  Your looking for your 4th shelf & ...as I said..... I am in absolute awe of your collection ...I look forward to seeing your 5th & 6th :thumbsup:

Me? I'm building my 2nd warehouse for my sad collection of unopened Minimate cases.:(

Thanks you guys!! That means a lot to me!

In the video, you can see that there is some space there for growth. Right now, I am just about out of that room already. 
The shelves are 4x3 ft. 33-35 Minimates can fit in a single row. Each shelf has two rows so that's 66-70 Minimates per single shelf. There are 7 shelves per display. So that's 462-490 Minimates per display. When i was doing these calculations when to start building the displays, i tried to calculate room for growth and apparently i under-calculated.

And @buttheadsmate you should open and display some of those. IMO the collection is more fun when you open the boxes. As you can see, i still don't open all of the ones i have. I think some are better left in box. Like Thundercats. I have an opened set and an unopened set. I pre ordered duplicates of those at the time because i'm a huge fan of that series.

I will post a video update soon. :) 

• 1 year later...

Update video just posted. The collection has changed quite a bit. I am moving to a new place so the next video will be in the new place with a larger set up. Check it out: