Marvel and Netflix’s first project together, Daredevil,
was an enormous success. It’s regularly praised by fans and critics as
being one of the top live-action comic book shows around, and it
surprised many with its especially dark tone – something not many
viewers expected to see from the sometimes quip-heavy Marvel Cinematic
Universe. Season 2 of Daredevil is currently under production –
at the time of writing this – and it’s going to introduce brand new
incarnations of two fan-favorite Marvel anti-heroes: Frank Castle,
a.k.a. Punisher (Jon Bernthal), and Elektra Natchios (Elodie Yung).

As Daredevil pulls in more familiar street level faces, the next Marvel/Netflix project, Jessica Jones, will introduce even more Marvel characters: Luke Cage (Mike Colter), Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Nuke (Wil Traval), and several others. Given the quality of Daredevil’s first season and the praise Jessica Jones’ first episode received
at New York Comic-Con 2015, it’s understandable that many fans are left
thinking one thing: Who else is Marvel going to bring to Netflix? Moon Knight‘s name keeps popping up, and according to one rumor, his appearance could be on the way.

While speaking on

, Heroic Hollywood’s
Umberto Gonzalez stated that Marc Spector, a.k.a. Moon Knight, may
receive the same treatment as Punisher, the violent vigilante who’s
making his live-action debut in Daredevil Season 2. According
to him, the rumor is that Moon Knight would make an appearance in
someone else’s show, and that could lead to receiving his very own show.
Gonzalez claimed Moon Knight’s parallels to DC’s Bruce Wayne, a.k.a.
Batman, is important:

“It’s interesting you bring up

Moon Knight because that’s not actually being developed for film. The

heroic hot rumor is that Moon Knight is actually being developed for

Netflix since he is their version of Bruce Wayne. Like the way they’re

backdoor piloting Punisher, making an appearance in Daredevil Season 2,

if it works out, boom. Same thing with Moon Knight. Again, he’s their

version of Bruce Wayne. It’s one of the staples that they’re developing

for their Netflix strategy. I’d rather see the Netflix version of Moon

Knight than the cinematic one.”

Moon Knight being
adapted for Netflix instead of the big screen makes sense because it
would be a much better fit for the sometimes brutal
character. Netflix allows for more violence and darker content, and
those are two things that have been included in a number of Moon
Knight’s stories – especially the 2006 comic series, which has the
potential to feel like an organic addition to the small screen version
of the MCU. Given his origin story and the way he uses multiple
personalities (which fluctuates from writer to writer), having the
chance to tell his story over several hour-long episodes instead of just
an hour and a half or so would also give viewers a better opportunity
to connect, properly understand, and even

Moon-Knight-Daredevil-Punisher-Marvel-Ne

Gonzalez points out there are similarities between Moon Knight and
Batman (e.g. they’re both wealthy costumed vigilantes who beat up bad
guys via melee combat and throwing weapons), but there are several
differences too. Batman’s more skilled, whereas Moon Knight’s more
savage. Batman inherited his wealth, Moon Knight earned it through being
a mercenary. Batman regularly uses stealth, Moon Knight wants
his enemies to see him coming (at least twice he’s stated that’s why he
wears white). Their origins are significantly different, as are the
reasons they fight criminals and how they conduct their investigations.
Batman has a great rogues gallery, Moon Knight has… well, Marvel will
have to work on that, because that’s not one of the character’s
strengths. That said, using Bushman, a foe connected to Moon Knight’s
origin, would make the most sense for a first season.

Moon Knight draws parallels to Batman, but he is not
Batman. Getting to know the character over the course of several
episodes, instead of just one visit to theaters, would give Marvel the
chance to prove this (while also continuing to expand their street level
roster). Now, if Moon Knight is introduced in a show, that brings up
one question: Which show would they use to test his appeal? Moon Knight
has some history working with Daredevil, but at this point, it seems
like he may be reserved for another project – if he even appears at all,
that is. After The Defenders, Netflix and Marvel could use the new vigilantes to create a Marvel Knights series, but obviously, that’s purely speculative at this point.

Heres the source http://screenrant.com/marvel-moon-knight-netflix-series/

Yeah, I saw that rumour a few hours ago. It's from El Mayibe, so I'm not totally on board yet, but it does fall in line with the previous rumours (apparently Phase 2 consists of Deathlok, Blade, Spider-Woman, Punisher and MK). Plus, Ellis has said numerous times that he was brought on board specifically to 'reboot" MK and bring in new readers, making him a profitable IP. I'm certainly optimistic about it.

Batman has his s#!t together, Moon Knight is f@$king nutso

you-wanna-go.gif

Edited by Kostisfire

I'd welcome a Moon Knight TV series, especially if it was by the same group responsible for Netflix's Daredevil. The stuff coming out of that television group is starting to make the films look like Saturday morning cartoons. (Then again, so is the film group.)

Unfortunately a successful show on Netflix or a major network doesn't mean we'll get Minimates. Seems more likely we won't get Minimates for some reason. I'm not sure when that became such a curse. I guess after Battlestar Galactica, Lost in Space, 24, Star Trek, Knight Rider, The Munsters, Comic Book Men, SpongeBob Squarepants, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DST has finally learned to stay away from TV properties.

I'd welcome a Moon Knight TV series, especially if it was by the same group responsible for Netflix's Daredevil. The stuff coming out of that television group is starting to make the films look like Saturday morning cartoons. (Then again, so is the film group.)

Unfortunately a successful show on Netflix or a major network doesn't mean we'll get Minimates. Seems more likely we won't get Minimates for some reason. I'm not sure when that became such a curse. I guess after Battlestar Galactica, Lost in Space, 24, Star Trek, Knight Rider, The Munsters, Comic Book Men, SpongeBob Squarepants, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, DST has finally learned to stay away from TV properties.

As much as I love the MCU, the MNU (Marvel Netflix Universe) is miles and miles ahead. Cheesy fun is good and all, but after a while it wears off. Same with DC's "darkness, no parents!".

Well, if an MK show happens, it'll definitely have more toyetic designs, so I think it could get a 4-pack. The basic MK stuff would include: Moon Knight, Khonshu, Bushman and maybe Werewolf By Night. Even if he wears his Mr. Knight outfit, you'll still have an Egyptian God and crazy Merc as locks. WBN could appear as well, so here's a Werewolf. I'm not saying that if a show happens, then DST'll surely jump on it, but compared to Daredevil's mostly civillian cast, it'll certainly present more opportunities for toys.

Quite unfortunate the way this reads in the Recent Topics box.

Well, to be fair, I--I don't actually have a wity line. Huh. Better get back to watching Fargo I guess...

PS: I swear to God, this is the first time it's happened to me. Dysfunctions such as these are really common though, especially for internet folk, heh, so it's no big deal, right? Um, so uh, yeah...

I dunno Ninja Turtles seems to be doing okay unless I missed something.

And Gotham. I forgot Gotham. I mean, I'll be buying them all but I realize that MisterPL is a niche market.

I dunno Ninja Turtles seems to be doing okay unless I missed something.

Maybe if the Marvel ABC and Netflix properties were animated instead of live action DST would be more inclined to at least give them a try. They're certainly not steering Walgreens away from the current Marvel cartoons.