UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm gonna dress in a white suit, and since I'll surely be a successful businessman by 2050, I'll go to the premiere and sit right next to Stan Lee (because we all know that Stan Lee is immortal and that Kirby is hiding with Elvis and Michael Jackson in the Bermuda Triangle). Then, in true MK fashion, I'll take out my crescent darts and carve everyone's face off! See, normal, human stuff!

In all seriousness though, I'll probably just go up and down for a few minutes, mark my calendar and then go back to my everyday routine. Same thing happened with Black Panther (another one of my Top 5). I know I "act" crazy and all, but in reality I'm more like a 50 year old maths professor. The power of anonymity I guess...

Either way, Black Panther/Moon Knight 2-pack or we riot! Right guys!?...Guys?....

In all seriousness though, I'll probably just go up and down for a few minutes, mark my calendar and then go back to my everyday routine.

Ew, I guess we all get excited if we get what we want. I'd just keep it to myself :0

I'm lucky enough to have all the animated 'mates in hand & it would be difficult to criticise anything about them ......they really are that good ......

[statutory BHM '.....but...' ]

...... but I truly hope that DST grasps the opportunity to make some of the characters that are constantly bandied about on the forum .........rather than flood us with animated 'versions' of the Big Hitters in each & every hard to locate wave.

"Enough!" say I .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Given that it is a series that is being made for a mass-market retailer that has never carried Minimates, and it's essentially building the animated universe from the ground up, as well as presenting it to a new audience, I think we're trying to include as many of the big hitters as possible, so you don't have people saying "I can't believe we got X before Y."

But there are only two characters (Spider-Man and Iron Man) who are repeated in Series 2 from Series 1 and 1.5, and both are in totally different looks. That leaves six that have not been made in the line yet, and while four are heavy-hitter heroes, two are female, and two are villains.

And Walgreens has already taken requests here for unmade characters, so we should be seeing those eventually as well. Not sure when, exactly.

I watched the Avengers season finale last night....

A Quantum Energy Thanos would be cool if he was all glow-y and stuff like in the show (though it would have to be removable because he inexplicably turned it on and off)

And The Watcher (named so by Thanos) had a cameo; this version is skinnier than other depictions and would look good as a 'mate.

Well, for an animated line based on currant animated properties, essentials would seem to be to finish the core teams, supplemented with core villains. We have Spidey and Nova, let’s get Power Man, Iron Fist and White Tiger. We have Cap and Hulk, now lets get Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, Thor and newest member - Ant-Man. We have Starlord and Groot/Rocket, now let’s get Drax and Gamora. We have Hulk, now let’s see the other Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Season 3 of Spidey brought in a lot of new heroes, Squirrel GIrl, Cloak and Dagger, Iron Spidey(Cho), Kazar & Sabu, and Agent Venom(which we have), plus all the alternate Spideys. For Villains, Red Skull & the Cabal, Goblin, Ock & the six, Thanos, Ultron, Leader… and somehow the Howling Commando Monsters need to be thrown into the mix.
Plenty of variety available, but if we don’t get the core teams, it would really miss the mark.

I think Man-Thing and Squirrel Girl will do very well, because they'll have appeal even to people who don't buy the animated versions. Personally, I don't need any of the animated versions save for 2099, who I think passes as either. But I want to support 'mates, and I think they're really well done. But the new characters will be very in demand I suspect.

Squadron Supreme completely slipped my mind! They would be good additiona as well. Honestly, I don’t mind the main heavy hitters appearing in a spot or two because the Hulk from wave 1 has moved to the #1 spot of my favorite Hulk minimates. The grinning head was a winner! I think the alternate “fun” heads like his and Spidey’s are a great idea!

Well, for an animated line based on currant animated properties, essentials would seem to be to finish the core teams, supplemented with core villains. We have Spidey and Nova, let’s get Power Man, Iron Fist and White Tiger. We have Cap and Hulk, now lets get Iron Man, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Falcon, Thor and newest member - Ant-Man. We have Starlord and Groot/Rocket, now let’s get Drax and Gamora. We have Hulk, now let’s see the other Agents of S.M.A.S.H.

Season 3 of Spidey brought in a lot of new heroes, Squirrel GIrl, Cloak and Dagger, Iron Spidey(Cho), Kazar & Sabu, and Agent Venom(which we have), plus all the alternate Spideys. For Villains, Red Skull & the Cabal, Goblin, Ock & the six, Thanos, Ultron, Leader… and somehow the Howling Commando Monsters need to be thrown into the mix.
Plenty of variety available, but if we don’t get the core teams, it would really miss the mark.

We aren't doing any Agents of Smash, that I'm aware of, but like I said, we're looking at the core Avengers team -- Hawkeye has already been shown, as well as an Iron Man armor -- and the core GOTG, although I'm not sure how high-priority Spidey's fellow SHIELD trainees are just yet. (Spidey's many looks and numerous villains are, of course, fair game.) Your list encompasses everyone in Series 2 except one villain.

I think Man-Thing and Squirrel Girl will do very well, because they'll have appeal even to people who don't buy the animated versions. Personally, I don't need any of the animated versions save for 2099, who I think passes as either. But I want to support 'mates, and I think they're really well done. But the new characters will be very in demand I suspect.

I think they'll do well with non-animated collectors, sure, but I honestly am curious how well they'll do with kids and casual Marvel fans. Although, given the one- or two-per-store distribution, it may not make a difference. People seem to be picking up whatever they can find, and it's not like you can call a single two-pack a peg-warmer, really. But I guess we'll see!

We aren't doing any Agents of Smash, that I'm aware of, but like I said, we're looking at the core Avengers team -- Hawkeye has already been shown, as well as an Iron Man armor -- and the core GOTG, although I'm not sure how high-priority Spidey's fellow SHIELD trainees are just yet. (Spidey's many looks and numerous villains are, of course, fair game.) Your list encompasses everyone in Series 2 except one villain.

>I think Man-Thing and Squirrel Girl will do very well, because they'll have appeal even to people who don't buy the animated versions. Personally, I don't need any of the animated versions save for 2099, who I think passes as either. But I want to support 'mates, and I think they're really well done. But the new characters will be very in demand I suspect.

I think they'll do well with non-animated collectors, sure, but I honestly am curious how well they'll do with kids and casual Marvel fans. Although, given the one- or two-per-store distribution, it may not make a difference. People seem to be picking up whatever they can find, and it's not like you can call a single two-pack a peg-warmer, really. But I guess we'll see!

I’m curious about the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. is it a license thing? I don’t even know if it’s cancelled or still going past season 2. But, Ultimate Spidey did a multi-part crossover in season 3’s finale “Contest of Champions” that pretty much united all the heroes from all 3 series(AoS, Avengers, Ult. Spidey). Does this mean they could be a possibility “down the line” or are they completely off the table?

Wasn't Agents of SMASH cancelled? I know the style guide's been retired and hasn't been replaced. That's never a good sign.

I hope it’s not cancelled. It took some time to grow on me, but I ended up really liking the designs for the show. I think they’d look good as minimates.