UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 62 is coming.....

Nessex

I get including Kluh because apparently there needs to be three A-listers in every wave (unless it's X-Men), but wouldn't they not be able to call him Hulk on the package? Wasn't that the reason we ended up getting Commander Rogers as extra parts to Nick Fury Jr. instead of by himself? I seem to recall Chuck saying a popular character in a popular costume just wasn't the same because they couldn't call him Captain America.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put all of that in spoiler tags, so yeah. Terribly sorry for the derailing, but hey, when you have a "cool" story to tell, you just want to get it out. Again, I'm really, realy sorry, but when you get to see such "things" IRL well, they kinda scar you. Imagine being in 8th grade and being chased by guy who's not on his meds and is trying to kill his mum. Or being held over the balcony while in 3rd grade from the 3rd floor, due to a "joke". Sometimes "comedy" is the only way to deal with them and well, then this happens. Can we kinda forget this whole thing? Please?

Back on topic: I really wish Sabes had a chest add-on, he looks kinda flimsy without it. I mean, in the comic he's as big as Beast and the mate is less bulky than Hobgoblin.

Edited by Kostisfire

That's his "Bone Armour". He used it to battle some Punk Ghosts, as he was able to punch them! Yeah! See? That's bad-ass. Punching ghosts. Not like them normal heroes, who punch people. No sir, Moon Knight punches Ghosts! Screw the GhostBusters, THIS is who you gonna call (when there's something strange in your neighborhood).

Ridiculous attempt to make everyone forget about the previous page aside, no, I'm "campaigning" (which actually translates to patiently waiting and spamming the forum) for either his regular suit, or his Mr. Knight look, which is a white suit plus his white mask. Or, as I like to call it, Moon Pimp...

moon-knight-blackout.jpg

Edited by Kostisfire

I laughed at "patiently waiting"

Yep. Patiently waiting. Just like Fry's dog. Or Doctor Doom when Richards is involved. Just like that.....Do you think I should kick it up a notch, maybe? Invoke the Ancient Power of L.B., perhaps?

Know what'd be a good book? Moon & Iron: Super-Pimps

It'd follow the adventures of regular Pimp Superior Iron Man and Psycho-who-dresses-like-a-pimp Moon Knight, as they uh, do pimp-y things?

Edited by Kostisfire

so what's your issue with the original moon knight mate? I love that one, one of the first mates to use the giant cape effectively, the hood, the weapons, it's a fantastic mate.

Personally, I like it, sure, same goes for the Panther. But there's a lot of room for improvement. The cape is too big so he can't stand, the body is too "vanilia" and the mate is lost inside the huge cloak, etc. I think a pair of sculpted boots and some more leg dtailing would do the trick, but I'd much rather get a new costume.

Aaaanyway, thread hijacking was my fault and all, I know, but shouldn't we get back on topic? There's not much to talk about concernign the wave, since everything's been said already, but I guess we should stay within the boundaries. I'll start: I much preffered the matte white on iRon Man, this glossy new look doesn't look as good to me. Which is a shame, since it's my most anticipated mate from this wave (right next to Hobby).

Edited by Kostisfire

so what's your issue with the original moon knight mate? I love that one, one of the first mates to use the giant cape effectively, the hood, the weapons, it's a fantastic mate.

Personally, I like it, sure, same goes for the Panther. But there's a lot of room for improvement. The cape is too big so he can't stand, the body is too "vanilia" and the mate is lost inside the huge cloak, etc. I think a pair of sculpted boots and some more leg dtailing would do the trick, but I'd much rather get a new costume.

Aaaanyway, thread hijacking was my fault and all, I know, but shouldn't we get back on topic? There's not much to talk about concernign the wave, since everything's been said already, but I guess we should stay within the boundaries. I'll start: I much preffered the matte white on iRon Man, this glossy new look doesn't look as good to me. Which is a shame, since it's my most anticipated mate from this wave (right next to Hobby).

Isn't an all white costume fairly vanilla to begin with? too much detail and it starts to look messy. I agree, maybe some leg muscle details, and a better looking tampo for the boots. I'd actually lose the big clunky gloves. Don't get me wrong, i like vanilla, and subscribe to the KISS method of superhero costumes (keep it simple stupid). I'm all about the tights and capes and masks. To me you don't need much more than that, and a cool logo (again, not too busy ) After looking at it, I think a smaller cape, better tampo design, no gloves, and he'd be much better. But, I don't really care for the character either way, so i doubt i'd get a new one. you may be able to piece a better one together with some different figures.

for the issue of a glossy iron man, it is a simple fix. hit it with a matte finish spray sealer, and your all set!

Isn't an all white costume fairly vanilla to begin with? too much detail and it starts to look messy. I agree, maybe some leg muscle details, and a better looking tampo for the boots. I'd actually lose the big clunky gloves. Don't get me wrong, i like vanilla, and subscribe to the KISS method of superhero costumes (keep it simple stupid). I'm all about the tights and capes and masks. To me you don't need much more than that, and a cool logo (again, not too busy ) After looking at it, I think a smaller cape, better tampo design, no gloves, and he'd be much better. But, I don't really care for the character either way, so i doubt i'd get a new one. you may be able to piece a better one together with some different figures.

for the issue of a glossy iron man, it is a simple fix. hit it with a matte finish spray sealer, and your all set!

On MK: While he needs a "ghostly" cape, it should have been considerably smaller. An add-on for the boots like the first X-Force Wolvie would suffice, and as for the hands, a "gauntlet" would've worked better than a whole sculpted hand. Thing is, he's really detailed in certain parts and too "vanilia" in others, which makes for kind of a mediocre mash-up. It's a great mate to look at from a distance, but that's it.

ON IM: The armour was glossy in the comic, so that's probably why they went for such a "look", but the proto pics looked better to me. Now he looks as if he's sorta translucent or something.

Edited by Kostisfire

I like the Moon Knight Minimate we got.

fig0806flg.jpg

If it wasn't for the yellowing parts, I wouldn't care if we got another version of this costume.

The new Iron Man works for me as is, too. I'm having trouble picturing armor that isn't as shiny as the other metallic hued incarnations. In the "Best of" or cartoon lines maybe matte would fit in but not the comics line.

That's just my preference though. You know me. I'll take them either way.