UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going completely over the top here. I don't keep an in package set so that makes it easier

Set 1: Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Jubilee.

Set 2: Psylocke, Forge, Gambit, Shadowcat

Set 3: Ceclia, Morph, Joseph, Boom Boom.

Set 4: Polaris, Legion, Sunder, Moira

Set 5: Amanda Sefton(Daytripper), Tom Corsi, Warpath, Sharon Friedlander,

Set 6: Siryn, Shaterstar, Warpath, Alysande Stuart

Set 7: Jean Grey, Sunspot, Cannonball, Rachel Grey

Set 8: Charlotte Jones, Bishop, Animated Spyke, Sage

If I end up getting more

Set 9: Rogue, Nightcrawler, Omerta, Frenzy

What if/Exiles Brotherhood Earth 5423 versions

Set 10: Mystique, Pyro, Avalanche, Destiny

Set 11: Mimic, Blob

Set 12: Rain Boy

Saving Parts out should a new Feral be released for the needed parts

Edited by Prowlar

I know not everybody agrees but looking at it again in X-Men 254 they are wearing the black and gold new mutant outfits. Also in the actual issue Moria, Sunder and Legion don't technically wear either.

Of course it's all down to every bodies personal preference and I might stick aunt may in one for fun. But for those wanting to be technically comic accurate they can save themselves a few customs.

Im still really excited for the set.

Edited by Polarboy

When did Rachel, Sage, & Spyke wear the outfits?

Also, I'm team Muir Island X-Men but the thing is that on the infamous cover they wore the original Black and Gold. It wasn't until after Destiny dies that they switch into the Blue & Gold and by that point most of the team had left the island or wore their own gear (Amanda for example).

Jean Grey does wear a blue and yellow costume in the issue where she meets up with Banshee and Forge (253ish), but it's not the same costume as the ones we're getting. similar, but not the same. they even mention that it's a bit over the top (ie too sexy) and were surprised that Moira had been the one to design them. i think the main difference is that the boots went halfway up the characters side.

now, if you're putting characters in these costumes just for the sake of putting characters in the costume, then shoot have a ball. but the only other character that i think wears the actual costumes aside from the main ones to have been listed (Cecilia, Joseph, etc) would be good ol' Paulie. has he been mentioned? he didn't stick around long, but he does rock the look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulie_Provenzano

also, i don't know how everything works, but it's crazy to me how long ago these were announced, and so many other things announced around the same time or even much more recently have been released. why couldn't this have happened to a wave i'm not so excited about? cuz i'm pretty excited about these.

Rachel, or a version of her, wore the training uniform in the Days of Future Present crossover.

Sage is actually the original X-Men uniform so she is out.

Finally with Spyke I was going off memory and after searching the only picture I could find is of a custom so he's out as well.

These were announced, not even solicited, in October. It hasn't even been five months. Pretty standard wait. Plus, the docks were more or less shut down for a while.

We also showed Valiant around that time, but TRU items can move a little faster.

We had Ripley at Toy Fair two years ago.

cripes i guess it just seems like it's been much longer because i'm so looking forward to this wave. best wave since 48, if you ask me.

These were announced, not even solicited, in October. It hasn't even been five months. Pretty standard wait. Plus, the docks were more or less shut down for a while.

So I definitely want to build a custom Joseph, but I cant figure out the hair to use...any suggestions? I am looking to do a quick custom to avoid paint, right now the best options I see are lady death or aurora.

I'm using Age of Apocalypse Magneto hair. Though the Pathfinder Isiem uses the same hair piece with black ties instead of red and is likely easier to obtain.

So I definitely want to build a custom Joseph, but I cant figure out the hair to use...any suggestions? I am looking to do a quick custom to avoid paint, right now the best options I see are lady death or aurora.

I'm using Age of Apocalypse Magneto hair. Though the Pathfinder Isiem uses the same hair piece with black ties instead of red and is likely easier to obtain.

That's a great idea! I did not even think of that piece :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the tray shots on the DST Facebook, not 100% what it is but in the top right hand corner of the banshee/pyro set there seems to be something that looks similar to the energy blast/wind tunnel from the Havok/Storm TRU 2pk but I see some sort of loop at the end, a neckpiece that will show off the sonic scream of banshee perhaps?

or maybe shadows...