UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men, Spider-Man, and Avengers.

1. Iron Man & Ronan (Guardians of the Galaxy)

3. X-23 & Sentinel (X-Men, new costume and army builder, wave 59 overlap)

2. New costume/re-do. Ties in to another box set.

4. Re-do/Re-do.

I'm guessing that the Spider-Man set is the other box set tie in and I'm going to say that the New Costume will be Vulture and the re-do will be Kraven the Hunter.

That leaves just an Avengers set and taking a stab in the dark I'm guessing Vision (Non Phasing) & Abomination (Bulked up).

While not completely wish listing, sure I'd like that line up, the only one I must have is X-23 so for once I can complete a team in a timely manner. Though no matter what the final line up is I'm happy with just GK Iron Man and Ronan.

TRU 19 and wave 60 are making me REALLY curious! I hope we get Captain Marvel's new look... or Storm and other X-Women new costumes somewhere! :)

There are two GOTG-related characters, but you already know who they are: Ronan and Iron Man. No Ghost Rider. No Moon Knight.

Everyone else in 19 we've gotten comic Mates of before, but three not for a long time, and I believe all three have been asked for. Two are new (or recent) costumes for Marvel mainstays. One is a returning army-builder.

Zach, are you saying:

Figure 1 (not made in a long time, New/recent costume)

Figure 2 (not made in a long time, New/recent costume)

Figure 3 (not made in a long time, returning army builder)

OR:

Figure 1 (not made in a long time)

Figure 2 (not made in a long time)

Figure 3 (not made in a long time)

Figure 4 (New/recent costume)

Figure 5 (New/recent costume)

Figure 6 (returning army builder)

@Mnemosis: Read down a little farther on the last page. He literally gave the wave breakdown.

I think that Spidey 2099 is a great guess, since he's a popular choice for a redo and has his own series coming out (right?). Hobgoblin would be a great compliment to that. X-Men, I'm guessing Cyke's new costume (meh) and maybe one of the remaining Phoenix Five?

Vision's also my guess for a redo. And the Aim soldier's my guess for the army builder. So I'm going:

Ronan/ Iron Man

X-Face Cyke/ Phoenix Five Magik

Vision/Aim Soldier

Spidey 2099/Hobgoblin

There are six figures unaccounted for after the Infinity 2 pack. Zach refers to three (not released for a long time), then two (new or recent costumes), then one (returning troop builder)

Kostis interprets the two and one to be further descriptors of the three, meaning that the troop builder is a figure that hasn't been released for a long time

I interpret it as 6 different figures, meaning that all we know about the troop builder is that it's returning, without knowing how long since we first got it.

We know there is a shared figure with wave 59. I think it's the Sentinel. Any of the ANXM designs would be somewhat odd choices to pop up on their own outside their home assortment. Reusing the troop builder, a character if not a design that featured the movie that will likely hit dvd around when this wave releases, makes sense to me. By Kostis' interpretation, however, it simply can't be. So that's why I'm seeking clarification.

Believe me, though,fI'd much rather an updated AIM soldier than a second shot at my last favorite Sentinel release

Edited by Mnemosis

There are six figures unaccounted for after the Infinity 2 pack. Zach refers to three (not released for a long time), then two (new or recent costumes), then one (returning troop builder)

Kostis interprets the two and one to be further descriptors of the three, meaning that the troop builder is a figure that hasn't been released for a long time

I interpret it as 6 different figures, meaning that all we know about the troop builder is that it's returning, without knowing how long since we first got it.

We know there is a shared figure with wave 59. I think it's the Sentinel. Any of the ANXM designs would be somewhat odd choices to pop up on their own outside their home assortment. Reusing the troop builder, a character if not a design that featured the movie that will likely hit dvd around when this wave releases, makes sense to me. By Kostis' interpretation, however, it simply can't be. So that's why I'm seeking clarification.

Believe me, though,fI'd much rather an updated AIM soldier than a second shot at my last favorite Sentinel release

Yeah, that makes sense. I'd rather have an AIM agent tbh, but what can you do?

No AIM agent. And I was describing six figures, not three.

60 is definitely NOT '60s-themed, but does have one guy in there a '60s fan will desperately want. The rest are post-'60s.

TRU 19 is maybe 50% '60s-friendly? Ronan and the three long-awaited re-dos could be considered '60s. Maybe even the army builder. But IM and the other two big heroes are very much modern.

Edited by DSTZach

Well, if the three "long-awaited redos" could be considered '60s, that eliminates Spidey 2099. Vision would be '60s, I think. The Wasp? Maybe they are doing an Uncanny Avengers set, and the Wasp and Rogue are a complimentary set?

You just know Zach owns a green suit, purple tie, and bowler derby...

Figure 1 (not made in a long time/60s) Captain Mar Vell

Figure 2 (not made in a long time/60s) Hobgoblin

Figure 3 (not made in a long time/60s) Kraven

Figure 4 (New/recent costume) X-23? X-Face Cyclops? Wolverine?

Figure 5 (New/recent costume) Captain Marvel

Figure 6 (returning army builder/Possibly 60s) Sentinel

Figure 7 Ronan (Possibly 60s)

Figure 8 Iron Man (Modern)

Edited by Mnemosis