UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Toy Fair 2014!

hellpop

I think Assassins Creed has been debunked a number of times (which is too bad; it could be great). Chuck asid in a recent Ask something to the effect of "line planning for TMNT would be premature." Which isn't an outright denial, and suggests to me that it might be in the works, but we won't see anything for a while.

Assassin's Creed just popped in my head as one of the few video games I'd buy because I like the designs. TMNT, though, I think has a strong chance. Remember, there was that unexplained poster at a con last year.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far, we've seen images for two new Minimate lines, Plants vs Zombies and the Big Bang Theory. Zach said this in the PvZ thread:

There are two unannounced "action" lines debuting, although I'm not sure what photography will be allowed, plus two previously announced lines you haven't seen yet.

Two more new lines to debut, though! I'll guess TMNT and Assassin's Creed.

I'd be happy with Metal Gear Solid, Mortal Kombat, TMNT, He-Man, or Power Rangers.

In all honesty though, MGS seems more and more possible to me. Mass Effect was talked about but Bioware said that they weren't interested (though that was close to 2 years ago), GTA could work but it'd fall on the civvie and not the "action" category, skyrim would make some awesome mates but i haven't seen any elder scrolls collectibles in the market (meaning that maybe there aren't interested in making anything except the games) and AC was debunked a lot of times. Bioshock and MG remain and I could see both being likely candidates. Either way, if we get even one of these liceses i'll be an extremely happy man!

Edited by Kostisfire

Has anyone guessed Godzilla? I have no idea if this is news or not, but DST has the license for Godzilla (as evidenced by some photos they just recently posted on facebook), so it's a possibility. And with the new movie being hyped, this would make for a pretty big property for DST...

Has anyone guessed Godzilla? I have no idea if this is news or not, but DST has the license for Godzilla (as evidenced by some photos they just recently posted on facebook), so it's a possibility. And with the new movie being hyped, this would make for a pretty big property for DST...

Now that you mention it, it is possible. We'll see in a day.

I just have no idea if Godzilla could work as a minimate. the arms, the bodies... so much new tooling. Not to mention what psychotic ones like Mothra, Manda, Hedorah's other forms, and Biollante would wind up being.

Now I'll say that if they come out, I will buy each and every one of the little bastards. Such is my love for Godzilla and my desire for a large amount of monsters that I can fit in my pocket. I'm just checking logistics here. Would it work?

However since I'm here, I'll plan a wave. Because I can.

Godzilla (1954)/Anguirus

Mothra (Heisei)/King Ghidorah (Classic)

Mechagodzilla II/Rodan

Variant: Godzilasaurus/Anguirus

Or if there's no variant, Godzilla (Heisei)/Biollante

And if there's never another series, we've gotten enough badass monsters to make for one fantastic line. If there's a continuation, then even better!

Fwoosh has some Hasbro news on Marvel Legends, Avengers Infinite (the rebranded Marvel Universe line), Star Wars Black Series, and GI Joe:

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/02/toy-fair-2014-hasbro-reveals

unnamed1.jpg

EDIT: And AFI has some more photos:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/hasbro-marvel-tf15/

EDIT AGAIN: First Star Wars photos, including Black Series Chewie, Jaba, Jedi Luke, and Darth Vader:

http://instagram.com/yodasnews

Edited by hellpop

I don't know if anyone else here still collects G.I. Joe, but there's pics up over here of the 50th anniversary stuff, and they're making a bunch of those awesome concept case prototypes for reals. I am going to be broke!

Also, yay Death's Head!

Thanks for sharing the link; I thought that they weren't showing any pictures of the new GI Joe stuff.