UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
asu928

DC Minimates

As you go through life it eventually occurs to you that sometimes you need to know when to quit .

Somebody told me that once & I still don't believe it .

I agree completely.

In 10 to 15 years, once the 3rd or 4th LEGO Batman movie has started to not bring in as much revenue, or the videogame franchise isn't selling very well on the Nintendo Bubble,  PS6 or XBox Three EX, WB/LEGO may re-evaluate the partnership and the license may find it's way to DST.

Never say never.

1 hour ago, youbastards said:

Could it simply be that those are separate licenses that are available to DST because they don't appeal to LEGO's core demographic and/or aren't prominent enough to capture their interest because LEGO produces product for a global market? 

I'm sure that's exactly it. LEGO clearly has far more interest in feature film and evergreen incarnations of DC characters. I've yet to see them offer anything based on animated series like Young Justice or Teen Titans or any of the CW shows. That could be another way in.

CW shows are showing up as DLC for the Lego DC video games. That ship has probably sailed already.

I'm with BHM, sometimes you have to know when to quit.

I think Lego is making Teen Titans (Go?), actually. And I'm pretty sure one of the SDCC figures was from Arrow. 

Live-action Batman is something I'd like to see, but it's probably tied up.