"Sin City" Minimates

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OH SNAP! AMAZING ALTERNATE FACES!

I wasn’t thrilled with the first Sin City set (Nancy had a lot of parts cut making her very plain, Hartigan looks NOTHING like Willis) so I was expecting this one to be meh too, but I guess I was wrong

(heads over to BBTS to add a second set to his order)

What was cut from Nancy, Dr. Baghead? She came with more stuff than anybody.

Sorry you didn't like Hartigan, I thought the face was great.

Nothing behind the sign, Ace, except the handle of the sledgehammer.

she was first shown with wrist cuffs with some fringe, as well as something similar on her legs. NOw that it has been brought up, I actually dropped the set for that same reason. It was a big letdown for me personally

What was cut from Nancy, Dr. Baghead? She came with more stuff than anybody.

Sorry you didn't like Hartigan, I thought the face was great.

Other people already explained what was cut from Nancy, but Hartigan’s face wasn’t the problem it was the hair

it lacks Willis’ receding hairline he’s had since the 80’s and while he does have longish hair for Bruce Willis in the movie, the piece used is down right shaggy. It combines to make the face look less like Willis then it should, it looks like a generic action guy, or maybe if you’re generous what Bruce Willis THOUGHT he looked like in the movie when he grew his hair out.

If you put Senator Rourke’s (that’s the other guy who’s not Nancy, Hartigan, or Yellow Bastard right?) hair piece on him his Willisocity shoots up 70% and he looks pretty decent, the receding hair line gives him the Willisy hair shape we’ve seen for years and then you start to see the Willisiness in his eyes and mouth. But I shouldn’t have to sacrifice one character from a box set to save another (granted, I have no use for Senator Rourke, since the lines not going to deliver EVERY citizen of Basin City I don’t need the few minor screen time ones we get on my shelf, if you like them, cool, we just have different views on the world and that’s important and awesome. But just because I personally would have thrown Senator Rouke into my spares bin doesn’t mean I should have HAD to just to save Hartigan.)

That's fantastic. Mind if I share it on Facebook? And your Godzilla one?

Sure, go for it, although I think I posted the Godzilla ones there already. Keep an eye out for another one of Marv and Kevin (post amputation).