Unmade Teams

pappymojo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are Wolfsbane, Elixir, Domino, and Vanisher the only (sometime) members of X-Force that haven't been made? Oh, AoA Nightcrawler. Anyone else? Oh yeah, Deathlok. You know, a lot of people have been on that secret X-Force team, especially when you consider that the team was around when there were under 200 mutants. Just doing some quick math, it looks like over 5% of the mutant population was on this secret kill team. And that doesn't even include the aliens, genetically engineered living weapons, alternate reality transplants, and cyborg zombies. And I'm a little confused about something else, and I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case:

I don't read Uncanny X-Force, but from recent Astonishing pages I got the impression that Wolverine no longer likes AoA Nightcrawler because AoA Nightcrawler killed someone. Isn't that what Wolverine's X-Force does? Is he just jealous because maybe AoA Nightcrawler is the best there is at what they do? Is Wolverine's secondary mutation the ability to turn on and off at his convenience a moral code that shuns killing and violence?

Teams that I want that have a chance of being made: Young Avengers, OG Thunderbolts

Teams that I want that have almost no chance of being made: Slingers, Young Allies, League of Losers (THink about it: Darkhawk, Terror Inc, Speedball, and X-23 [to give them a heavy hitter] Imagine how terrible it would sell)

I don't read Uncanny X-Force, but from recent Astonishing pages I got the impression that Wolverine no longer likes AoA Nightcrawler because AoA Nightcrawler killed someone. Isn't that what Wolverine's X-Force does? Is he just jealous because maybe AoA Nightcrawler is the best there is at what they do? Is Wolverine's secondary mutation the ability to turn on and off at his convenience a moral code that shuns killing and violence?

Well, I don't read Astonishing, but in Uncanny X-Force

AoA Nightcrawler betrayed the team to Mystique so she would help him kill AoA Blob. And then that situation ended with Wolverine killing his kid, Daken. So it's probably got more to do with that stuff than with the killing Blob part.

Well, I don't read Astonishing, but in Uncanny X-Force

AoA Nightcrawler betrayed the team to Mystique so she would help him kill AoA Blob. And then that situation ended with Wolverine killing his kid, Daken. So it's probably got more to do with that stuff than with the killing Blob part.

Aha. Thanks, that story makes a lot more sense now.

Also the rest of Fear Itself.

The Worthy: Attuma, Titania, Absorbing Man

The Mighty: Iron Fist, Dr. Strange, Red She Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Black Widow

Generation X!

box 1

Banshee

Jubilee

M

Synch

Box 2

White Queem

Chamber

Skin

Husk

2 pack

Penance & Mondo

this was my favorite comic for years, and the first X-Men comic to really start introducing visually unique characters. a girl with red diamond skin, a guy with flames coming out of the lower half of his face and chest, a girl who rips her skin off, a guy who has 6 feet of extra skin! i think they set the trend for the younger characters of today.

Edited by CortherX

Young Avengers!!! Its the perfect time with Marvel NOW!

Seriously DST, make a Wiccan AND a Kid Loki Minimate.

Generation X!

box 1

Banshee

Jubilee

M

Synch

Box 2

White Queem

Chamber

Skin

Husk

2 pack

Penance & Mondo

this was my favorite comic for years, and the first X-Men comic to really start introducing visually unique characters. a girl with red diamond skin, a guy with flames coming out of the lower half of his face and chest, a girl who rips her skin off, a guy who has 6 feet of extra skin! i think they set the trend for the younger characters of today.

Would definitely like to see this!

The New Warriors is a team i'd love to see, but really unprobable

If i could wish i'd like 2 four packs and a 2 pack for the TRU wave

Four pack 1:

Firestar

Justice

Namorita

Nova

Four pack 2:

Night Trasher

Rage

Speedball

Silhouette

And for the TRU 2-pack either:

Bolt and Aegis

Or

Darkhawk and Slapstick

But hey, when'll that ever happen?

I'll just keep my hopes up that they'll be produced one day :)

I'm sure they've been mentioned, but I'm up for Starjammers. And like the majority of most the posts I've seen WCA.

And not really a team, but I never miss a chance to mention Machine Man and Jocasta, maybe with Ultron and Alkhema

Generation X!

box 1

Banshee

Jubilee

M

Synch

Box 2

White Queem

Chamber

Skin

Husk

2 pack

Penance & Mondo

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

Generation X!

box 1

Banshee

Jubilee

M

Synch

Box 2

White Queem

Chamber

Skin

Husk

2 pack

Penance & Mondo

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. YES.

What he said.

Edited by Tetton517

Loads of great teams mentioned here - it just shows how far DST can still dip into the marvel well if they want to! Of the ones mentioned I would love to see inhumans, west coast avengers, classic guardians of the galaxy and warriors 3 in paricular. Looking at more modern ones I would really like young avengers and avengers academy.

Looking into the dim distant past other ones that would be cool could be the enforcers (I could almost see that happening with fancy dan, montana and ox packed with spidey!), the lethal legion (whirlwind, living laser, etc) and the legion of the unliving, especially the original team from avengers issue 132(ish!)

Depends on which version of Exiles you are referring to. I'd like the original team:

post-3472-0-83128400-1362689263_thumb.jp

We already have a Morph and Blink from AOA. We'd just need Mimic* (A LONG OVERDUE MINIMATE IN ANY FORM!), Magnus, Nocturne, Thunderbird..........maybe a Timebroker figure? They've already made a vest piece.

Mimic would make an awesome figure:

-wolverines claw hands

-Cannonballs' hairpiece with goggles

-Cyclops's optic blast beam attachment

-Angel's wings

-Iceman's ice blast attachment or Luke's iceman sled

-alternate Colossus head and arms

post-3472-0-56113200-1362689625_thumb.jp

and we'd need the classic version as well:

post-3472-0-37946800-1362689789_thumb.jp

Edited by Jeff

I had the Heroclix version of that costume/lack of costume.

Here's what I photoshopped together for an Exiles Mimic:

post-3472-0-69906000-1362692044_thumb.jp

Or non-Colossus version, (just needs flesh arms):

post-3472-0-19265100-1362691564_thumb.jp

His X-Men yellow & blue suit would need to be painted however to match his orange/blue suit.

Edited by Jeff

I would also add Dark X-men to the list of teams I would like:

Box set 1:

Dark Beast

Mystique

Mimic

Black Queen Emma Frost

Box set 2:

Daken

Omega

Namor

X-man

TRU pack: updated Cloak and Dagger

Looking over this thread, looks like my hit list has mostly been mentioned. Of those, here are my top 5:

1) Squadron Supreme -- I like the Squadron Sinister, the original quartet of Avengers villains

2) Brotherhood of Evil Mutants -- I'm partial to Mystique's from the early 80s

3) Guardians of the Galaxy -- Original all the way

4) Wrecking Crew -- How can you not love these clowns?

5) Serpent Society -- Cool villain team with lots of variety

Some that were missing from the lists (or at least I didn't see them):

Eternals

Starjammers

Micronauts (e.g. the Marvel-owned Bug, Marionette, Arcturus Ran)

The Zodiac

Salem's Seven

Ani-Men

Night Shift (Shroud's team)

Rangers (Texas Twister, Firebird et al)

Of all the teams named, I think the most likely to be made is the West Coast Avengers. Such a no-brainer set: Iron Man, Hawkeye, Mockingbird, Tigra. Done. Of course, you'd still need Wonder Man to fill the team out, but I wouldn't drop any of the others for him (save Iron Man, and that's not gonna happen).

I think the David/Stroman X-Factor is likely at some point, if only because DST has never shied away from releasing sets with X in the name, and most of these even have big Xs on the chest! Havok, Polaris, Strong Guy and Wolfsbane make for a nice set. Quicksilver is in need of an update, but not here; it would be super disappointing to loose out on one of the others when there's a perfectly good stand-in already.

I hope the new Young Avengers title gives DST the excuse/motivation to correct what I think is a big oversight. Unfortunately, I still think the time for them has passed. Marvel really blew it with that book; it was so hot for awhile there, but they decided to cancel it rather then let another writer take over, which was a huge mistake. Of course, if you look at what happened with Runaways, a book that Marvel did keep going after the original writer left, only to watch it loose all of its' momentum, I guess it was inevitable. Unfortunately, I don't think either team has much of a chance of being 'mated now.

Masters of Evil would make for a GREAT two set con exclusive, a la Thunderbolts, AoA and Alpha Flight. There's been so many great, colorful villains that have been on that team over the years. Same with the Brotherhood. How about the year of bad guys: two MoE sets at San Diego, two BoEM sets at New York?

Sadly, I think most other teams are longshots, at least as box sets. Maybe we might get members sprinkled throughout (like we have with Black Bolt and Lockjaw), but that's about it. Oh, except for those big movie stars the Guardians of the Galaxy. They should be inevitable, maybe even more then the Whackos.