UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 16

Nessex

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zach since Sauron/Reaper is showing up in both the LCS and TRU waves, is there any chance the TRU version could get a last minute update into Sauron? New loincloth/tail piece and maybe slightly different color scheme?

No.

If the character is going to renamed as a possible army builder, what about just adding a green Nightcrawler forked tail piece in the package for an alternate look?

The figure has already been renamed, at both places. They come out next month, which means they ship from China this month. Packaging file is at factory, painted samples are in my hands... changing the name from Sauron to Reaper was the LAST thing we did on these. Nothing else can be done at this point.

Sorry guys, sometimes an awesome dinosaur is just an awesome dinosaur.

The figure has already been renamed, at both places. They come out next month, which means they ship from China this month. Packaging file is at factory, painted samples are in my hands... changing the name from Sauron to Reaper was the LAST thing we did on these. Nothing else can be done at this point.

Sorry guys, sometimes an awesome dinosaur is just an awesome dinosaur.

and sometimes an awesome dinosaur is a base for a custom Battle Beast! Don't care about Sauron H. Reaper but Sleestak J. Warmonger will be fantastic. :)

So if these are out next month and they're 51 i know 50 are supposed to be after 51 when is iron man 3 out?

If you look at the latest Ship Dates, 49 and 51 might hit on the same day in April. May not be the same day, may not be in April, but you get the general ballpark.

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/02/ship-date-updates-11/

Ballpark being...2013? I hope? biggrin.png

Looks like the loincloth idea isn't going to work based off of that control art. The tail attaches to the wings piece but the wing piece wraps around the neck and waist so that loin cloth piece from other Minimates won't fit right. Sauron does looks pretty cool though.

Who is this reaper character anyway, I looked it up on comicvine and couldn't find anything on him.

I know who Sauron is, but I don't know who the reaper is.

Re: Sauron's loincloth

Buying multiples, as always, but for one of 'em I'll be cutting off the crotch-piece, gluing the torso add-on to the torso, drilling a hole in the loin-cloth (and possibly the crotch-piece if need be) and trying to get the tail to fit. May have to glue it too.

I WILL HAVE LOINCLOTH SAURON.
*serious face*

Based in the control art, wouldn't the loin cloth piece fit underneath the wing/tail piece? You may need to scrape away a little bit of the cloth, but this should be better than if it were a reappear of the ASM Lizard tail piece. It would just make him a little taller; and so what if his tail goes over the loin cloth.

Cannot wait to get him/them.

Who is this reaper character anyway, I looked it up on comicvine and couldn't find anything on him.

I know who Sauron is, but I don't know who the reaper is.

The reapers are the Savage Land pterodactyls Wolverine and Shanna fight in Savage Wolverine.

• 1 month later...

Here's an update on the Phoenix Emma Frost minimate.

ws5kqh.jpg

For the people who weren't happy that she was attached to the cape it seems like the cape will be removable form the hands, however it does not seem likely that the cape will be removable from the flames. However there may be a possibility of an additional cape as an accessory for those collectors who aren't a fan of having a flaming cape 24/7

Here's an update on the Phoenix Emma Frost minimate.

ws5kqh.jpg

For the people who weren't happy that she was attached to the cape it seems like the cape will be removable form the hands, however it does not seem likely that the cape will be removable from the flames. However there may be a possibility of an additional cape as an accessory for those collectors who aren't a fan of having a flaming cape 24/7

wow...that face...perfection thumbsup.gif