UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Doombots Misnamed

watchnerd

It's times like this that I totally understand WHY the terrorists hate us.

It struck me when I read the thread title that I'd just let the thread run a bit & then point out that .......

...... it is not the Doombots that are misnamed it is the Servo-guards that are misnamed.

post-638-0-35707000-1346700183_thumb.jpg

#WINNING!

Oh yeah? Well the jerk store called, and they're outta YOU!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Invisible Woman go by that name or Sue Storm more often? Should her packaging be corrected as well??

And at what point did Sue Storm go from being “Invisible Girl” to being “Invisible Woman”? and why hasn’t she been upgraded to “Mrs. Fantastic”? or at least “Ms.Fantastic"

AND why was Reed such an asshole when it came to naming is team mates?

Johnny you’re the Human Torch, just to remind your power is not unique and so people will for years say when they met you ‘oh you’re not THE Human Torch” and for some reason people on the internets will think it’s funny you kinda look like Captain America who worked with the original Human Torch.

Ben, you’e funny, charming in your brutish ways, and an all around stand out guy.... so you’re THE THING! To remind you how gross you look! *URK* Don’t worry buddy, ol’ Reed will find a way to make you not look a dried turd on a sidewalk someday so you can interact with normal humans again someday!

Sue, you can be ‘Invisible Girl’ so your little female brain can remember your code name.

And I’ll be MR.FANTASTIC!!! Because really, what’s more fantastical then being made of living rubber?!

“Being made of living rock, control fire, or able to make forcefields at will"

... Sue, shut the f**k up and make me a sandwhich.

The Doombot Minimate we made was meant to be a Doombot from the 1960s, amd not a Doombot from today. If we had called it a Servo-Guard, it would have been from the wrong era. I'll see about getting you guys a modern Doombot ASAP.

Also, photos from the 1950s are black and white because the world was black and white back then. The world turned color around 1961.

Also, we have never made a Power Woman figure. Only Jewel. That would be like saying the Yellowjacket figure should be called Giant Man.

Hope that clears things up.

I was always under the assumption that Reed chose (perhaps Stan or Jack decided :thumbsup: ) 'Mr.Fantastic' over 'Rubber Man' ......I could elaborate but I choose not to . I would however add that if Mr.Richards had been called Johnny then Rubber Johnny would have been my all time favourite superhero name . Thing,Johnny ,Rubber Man.... Fantastic Fore-play on words.....I reckon Stan & Jack were smokin' that day .

The Doombot Minimate we made was meant to be a Doombot from the 1960s, amd not a Doombot from today. If we had called it a Servo-Guard, it would have been from the wrong era. I'll see about getting you guys a modern Doombot ASAP.

Also, photos from the 1950s are black and white because the world was black and white back then. The world turned color around 1961.

Also, we have never made a Power Woman figure. Only Jewel. That would be like saying the Yellowjacket figure should be called Giant Man.

Hope that clears things up.

Okay, figures are a snapshot in time, named after what they were called during the time period the minimate is modeled upon. That makes sense.

So, if that's the case, why is the Secret Wars "Captain Marvel" labeled as "Photon", when she was never called that during the Secret Wars?

sh*t even in 3D where they can more easily alter the models they’re dressed the same

Not to start more drama...

sf4-ryu.jpg

5348354158_408d4ee593.jpg

Those are their character models from SFIV. Ken does have straight cut gi's, while Ryu has frayed edges. Although it appears SFIV was the first time this actually occurred. They are also portrayed this way in SFxT.

Carry on.

Does Invisible Woman go by that name or Sue Storm more often? Should her packaging be corrected as well??

And at what point did Sue Storm go from being “Invisible Girl” to being “Invisible Woman”? and why hasn’t she been upgraded to “Mrs. Fantastic”? or at least “Ms.Fantastic"

AND why was Reed such an asshole when it came to naming is team mates?

Johnny you’re the Human Torch, just to remind your power is not unique and so people will for years say when they met you ‘oh you’re not THE Human Torch” and for some reason people on the internets will think it’s funny you kinda look like Captain America who worked with the original Human Torch.

Ben, you’e funny, charming in your brutish ways, and an all around stand out guy.... so you’re THE THING! To remind you how gross you look! *URK* Don’t worry buddy, ol’ Reed will find a way to make you not look a dried turd on a sidewalk someday so you can interact with normal humans again someday!

Sue, you can be ‘Invisible Girl’ so your little female brain can remember your code name.

And I’ll be MR.FANTASTIC!!! Because really, what’s more fantastical then being made of living rubber?!

“Being made of living rock, control fire, or able to make forcefields at will"

... Sue, shut the f**k up and make me a sandwhich.

Mark Waid tackled this one. To paraphrase, "I took the name Mr. Fantastic because I must be, to have a family and friends like these"

The Photon Minimate time-traveled to the past and replaced her past self in that four-pack, because her past self had a dentist appointment that she could not reschedule. Gingivitis is no joke.

You, sir, are my hero.

Those are their character models from SFIV. Ken does have straight cut gi's, while Ryu has frayed edges. Although it appears SFIV was the first time this actually occurred. They are also portrayed this way in SFxT.

Carry on.

Holy s**t you’re right! I was looking at a SFxT screen shot (which does Have Ryu with gloves btw) and Ken’s gi looked frayed, but looking at SF4 videos you’re right. I’ll admit defeat in that Ken is screen accurate (although agian, Ryu is required to be bare fisted as a toy while he wears gloves in the games)

It does not change the fact that Capcom demanded Ken and Ryu look like this for TEN YEARS (SOTA’s line was the 15th Anniversary series) before getting off their asses and making the change themselves and THAT is unexcusable!

So are we to believe SOTA’s Figures are some kind of magical SF4 PREVIEW figures? (** that last line works way better if you read it in the Simpsons nerd voice and pretend I cross my arms smuggly after saying it...)

Mark Waid tackled this one. To paraphrase, "I took the name Mr. Fantastic because I must be, to have a family and friends like these"

So it *IS* because he’s a f**king d-bag, then? “I mean honestly, look at these pieces of s**t, or don’t, I don’t want to clean up the puke after you see the Rock Monster’s face, but really I would have called myself Mr.'Unbelievably Fantastic And Well Hung” to accurately represent how good I person I have to put up with this, but I like to keep humble, you know...

(or was it one of those "*fatherly puffs on his pipe* because if wasn’t, why was I given such a FANTASTIC family?*streches arms extra big to give them all a hug, even Victor who he gives a noogie since they’re still buds deep down*"awwwweeee.... because seeing as it’s Reed I can really only imagine it being the first and him meaning it.)

Huh. Now that's actually useful! Thanks Doc!

I’m sure you having that information lends it’s to a “horse of a different color” joke, but as I’m not BHM I can’t think of one...

The Photon Minimate time-traveled to the past and replaced her past self in that four-pack, because her past self had a dentist appointment that she could not reschedule. Gingivitis is no joke.

I think you need to create an Immortus minimate to sort this out.

well if we bring time travel into this, doesn't Kang count? (seeing as he IS Immortus)

So it *IS* because he’s a f**king d-bag, then? “I mean honestly, look at these pieces of s**t, or don’t, I don’t want to clean up the puke after you see the Rock Monster’s face, but really I would have called myself Mr.'Unbelievably Fantastic And Well Hung” to accurately represent how good I person I have to put up with this, but I like to keep humble, you know...

(or was it one of those "*fatherly puffs on his pipe* because if wasn’t, why was I given such a FANTASTIC family?*streches arms extra big to give them all a hug, even Victor who he gives a noogie since they’re still buds deep down*"awwwweeee.... because seeing as it’s Reed I can really only imagine it being the first and him meaning it.)

That second thing, actually LOL

That second thing, actually LOL

with the pipe and the stretchy hug? because if so I’ve never wanted to punch Reed Richard in the face more in my life then right now,. And I know he’d probably turn his face into that hard rubber like a medicine ball so my hand would just shatter when I did it or if he can’t do that my hand would just bounce back and punch myself in the face breaking my nose and leaving him unharmed... it’s the principle of the matter is what it is!

I do remember Sue having a blow out at the team on wanting to be called the Invisible Woman and not Girl. I think it was around the time of the Malice storyline and it may have something to do with her becoming Malice.

Yep, that's correct. After the whole Malice affair, and her miscarriage, Reed condescends to her (as usual) and Sue basically tells Reed to go f**k himself (which, being Mister Fantastic, he actually can) and changes her name to Invisible Woman.

Reed is my second-most-hated team lead after Cyclops. They're both just anal-retentive d-bags, but at least Reed is a genius, while Cyclops is just a holier-than-thou asshat.

Edited by watchnerd

Captain America would like to share his opinion on this thread...

Cap%20Wank%21.jpg

Captain America commands people to wank it?

You heard the man!

He didnt fight in World War 2, The Secret Wars, The Infinity War,The Kree/Skrull War, The second Secret War, Fury's Secret War, The Marvel Civil War, The Skrull Invasion, The Siege of Asgard, The Not so Secret War and the Avengers vs X-men war for you to question him!