UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Artmates: Venus de Milo

Here is our other big reveal as promised - the Venus de Milo!

Caution: the photographs below include a custom figure with vinyl stickers printed from digital vector art based on an original marble sculpture based on the female human form that happens to have breasts, so I suppose the images could be considered NSFW for some. :turned:

venus01.jpg

venus02.jpg

venus03.jpg

This is a special release that is separate from the regular series of Artmates (of which Series 3 is still planned for this fall). I have received many requests from people who missed out on the first two series of Artmates, as they sold out almost immediately, and wanted to have a chance to jump into this series. So this is kind of a jumping on point for new collectors, as well as a new figure for current collectors. This figure is a limited edition of 30 (so hopefully it will last for longer than 4 hours in the store), and will not be produced again after it has sold out.

As with the other releases, she comes with a display stand (slightly modified to accommodate her dress) and custom packaging. Her hair and dress were sculpted, molded, and cast in white resin. Anyone who ordered a full series of previous Artmates can keep their same number with this release, if they are interested in her. I can add her to any current order or preorder. She will start shipping later this week, and is available here: http://lukestoystore.com/arvedemi.html

Just ordered mine!

And another great Artmates custom Luke! Did you sculpt and cast her skirt piece or use a 3D printer?

Thanks! I sculpted the cloth rolls and folds on top of a Sand Saref dress. I didn't take any pictures from the side, but I sculpted her left knee pushing forward into the dress, just as in the real sculpture.

Very nice. From the looks of the material, and the higher edition number, I'd guess you're making progress with resin casting?

Yes, although I reeeeeeally am starting to need a pressure pot and air compressor. I have been watching craigslist for good deals.

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Venus in the mail:

DSCN0881.jpg

She looks quite nice with the rest of the 'museum':

DSCN0883.jpg

And in case you've wondered who the lucky guy was to get all of this same number, now you know (at least I'm hoping I'm the only one):

DSCN0890.jpg

Now I just need to wait for Luke to die and I'll be sitting on a goldmine.

Do you really need the "Inspired by" line? Is the estate of Da Vinci going to sue ya? If you really wanna get artsy, how about an "Inspired by Movie Maniacs" line using the bigger mates for Leatherface,Jason Voorhees,Michael Myers, and Ruth Patchett.

Do you really need the "Inspired by" line? Is the estate of Da Vinci going to sue ya? If you really wanna get artsy, how about an "Inspired by Movie Maniacs" line using the bigger mates for Leatherface,Jason Voorhees,Michael Myers, and Ruth Patchett.

Picasso's estate is known to sue, like they did when Titanic came out. It's probably best that Luke plays it safe.