UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates wave 47: Outback X-Men

MINI_MYTE

Well so much for army building the Brood. After buying 2 of them and seeing that one of the legs can't move and is going to break off on both of them, I am no longer interested in these and will be selling off the ones I just bought. The rest of the figures from this wave are great though.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1351854241[/url]' post='249973']

Well so much for army building the Brood. After buying 2 of them and seeing that one of the legs can't move and is going to break off on both of them, I am no longer interested in these and will be selling off the ones I just bought. The rest of the figures from this wave are great though.

A few minutes in the freezer and mine easily moved. Looks like they were put on before the paint dried.

It's a really easy fix, just soak the parts with the leg connectors in very hot water for a 30 seconds, then try to peel the leg slowly off of the ball joint. If it not moving, soak and repeat. I've done this with all of mine and not a single broken joint.

Yeah, either freezer or hot water should work.

Does anybody's fastball special hands work? Both of the ones I've tried are too loose with the peg too small and unable to hold Wolverine. Anyone have any suggested fixes?

I tested out both Fastball Special hands today and neither one worked. It was an excellent idea on paper but Wolverine's feet holes are too big. He just falls right off.

Am I the only one who had zero problems with the Brood appendages straight out of the box? I just moved them carefully until they budged. No freezing or boiling or anything.

shrugshoulders.gif

My Brood's leg joints were fine. A couple of them took a little wiggling, but they worked out okay.

One of them was missing a leg though. I'm just waiting for a response from BBTS to see if they will replace it.

On a different note, can anyone recommend a Wolvie'ish face decal on a clear background?

I'd like to make my Brood-verine my default brown costume Wolvie, I just need a regular, human looking face (with stubble and a growling or smirking face if I can find one) on a clear background so I can apply it to the back of Brood-verine's head piece. That way the skin tone of his face still matches the skin tone on his arms.

The proportions of the Brood-verine's mask are a bit off, so using an existing head is pretty much out of the question.

Edited by MMao

Am I the only one who had zero problems with the Brood appendages straight out of the box? I just moved them carefully until they budged. No freezing or boiling or anything.

shrugshoulders.gif

I also had the same instance. I have 3 brood and I was able to gently free them without any outside means. I did notice that the peg plastic is very soft and week.

Also, with my colossus fastball special hands( I have 2 sets), none of them work.

Edited by SuperChefMate

Just wanted to add a pic to support what I was talking about in my earlier post (Brood-verine into Wolverine)...

wolverine002.jpg

...just need a "Wolvie'ish mouth decal!

Edited by MMao

Just wanted to add a pic to support what I was talking about in my earlier post (Brood-verine into Wolverine)...

wolverine002.jpg

...just need a "Wolvie'ish mouth decal!

I also really like this as a regular brown Wolvie; but besides finding the right face, I think the eyes need to be changed. The color off IMO, it should be white.

As far as mouths go, I think I'd go with wave 28 Sabretooth.

Really awesome group shot with the ML display Max. Really wished I got those.

Edited by SuperChefMate

so it's gonna be a while before i get my new Havok... i was wondering if anyone could take a pic of him and Polaris next to each other. i've always felt like she towered over w20 Havok with that big ol hair of hers, but i'm wondering if maybe Havok will look better with the slip on mask. i actually went as far as giving Polaris She-Hulk's hair just so she doesn't looks so big in comparison.

I also really like this as a regular brown Wolvie; but besides finding the right face, I think the eyes need to be changed. The color off IMO, it should be white.

As far as mouths go, I think I'd go with wave 28 Sabretooth.

Really awesome group shot with the ML display Max. Really wished I got those.

Agreed about The eyes needing to be white.

As for Sabretooth (or anyone else's head for that matter) as a replacement head, there are two problems...

First, and probably most obvious, is the shade of Brood-verine's skin tone on his arms. I don't think there is any MM produced thus far that has that same skin color. I thought about switching the arms out too, but then the brown's on the costume would be off. :(

The second, and morehead scratching, issue is how different the cut of Brood-verine's mask is when compared to every other Wolverine mask (that I own). It is soooooooooooo short at eye level that, every head that I have tried it on so far, it only covers the forhead and the eyes are still very much visable.

Now that I think of it, I guess if I could find an existing MM head that had a skin color close enough to the skin color on Brood-verine's arms, I could take a bit off the top of the head and make the mask fit a little better... Anyone know of one?

I think I would go with trying to find a paint that matches that shade of brown and repaint some TRU 9 Wolvie arms. I also want to try taking some off the top of an extra wave 28 Sabretooth head, I really think that is the best expression for him.

I'm trying to go with the Wolverine I grew up with:

http://i.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/c/00/4bc33c6bbd816/detail.jpg

http://media.emmafrostfiles.com/comics/covers/X-Men_1_1991.jpg