UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Incredible Hulk Four Pack

ImABarRoomHero

Who's planning on buying this set?  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on picking this set up?

• Yes, can't wait for a Hulk 4 pack.
    • No, I have little to no interest.
    • Couldn't care less either way.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[Opens up his Defenders box set for only the second time since 2007, pulls out Hulk, examines it.]

You have good taste! :highfive2: Defenders Hulk is still my number 1 by a wide margin.

I'm not sure how this set could possibly be a "disaster."

Just don't do this, and everything will be OK.

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=502&n=Professor+Hulk

Seeing that pic and then seeing his case mate makes me realize we need a bulked up Abomination now since all the big guys are getting redone in bulked up form...

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing that pic and then seeing his case mate makes me realize we need a bulked up Abomination now since all the big guys are getting redone in bulked up form...

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie! Heck, I'd be completely fine with them using the same face tampo/headpiece as the original comic one. It seemed pretty spot on to me.

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie! Heck, I'd be completely fine with them using the same face tampo/headpiece as the original comic one. It seemed pretty spot on to me.

Seconded!

Abomination.jpg

I've seen your custom before Mini_Myte and I have to say it's pretty impressive! I love Hulk characters and I'd be happy to finally put someone Hulk's size next to him.

Getting an extra Avengers hulk to do the same thing Myte

Did you use the big chest piece that came with adomination or repaint a Hulk one?

Repainted Hulk one. Abomination's original chest piece didn't look right for some reason on the bulked up body. The feet on the other hand were re-sculpted Thing feet FYI.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Getting an extra Avengers hulk to do the same thing Myte

Did you use the big chest piece that came with adomination or repaint a Hulk one?

Repainted Hulk one. Abomination's original chest piece didn't look right for some reason on the bulked up body. The feet on the other hand were re-sculpted Thing feet FYI.

Clearly, an updated Abomination is in order. Maybe as a TRU tie-in to the Hulk set. Maybe paired with Doc Sampson... from before he went crazy.

I thought Abomination turned out decently but seeing that custom makes me want a redo in that style! It looks amazing, so much that I'm more on board with minimates in the new 'mega rage' style then I was before. It's thatgood!

As for the rest of this four pack, I'm very excited for Maestro and Mr. Fixit; I haven't read any of Aaron's Hulk but I think that hairpiece for that 'mate might be great for Conan QCs again. Composite Hulk is the one I'm least excited about but he does look unique. Hoping his pants will end up a similar blue to TRU FF wave Thing as that version just missed the oversized leg piece upgrade we've seen lately.

Who are the big guys that need bulking up updates beyond A-Bomb? (I know that's the Rick version, I've just taken to using it for both since it's quicker... though having to explain it kinda defeats the point I realize... as I type this... lol...)

Trying to think of Strong Guys...

Rhino jumps immediately to mind. He could definitely use it. (Can't believe how long it's taking for a redo of him... considering he was one of the first figures in the entire line).

Venom is technically one of the common powerhouse figs, and seems to be getting a bulked up fig... but I honestly feel he's better at that powerhouse size than fully bulked up. I don't want a Hulk sized Venom. I think of him more medium.

Apocalypse might be a good candidate. He is at that same previous size level as Abomination and Venom. Honestly he looks kinda puny now, next to Juggernaut and Holocaust. He'd have to be done right though... he's not so much buff as he is just... big.

Colossus I don't feel needs it, he's always been more tall than wide (at least with most artists)... The new one coming with the Outback wave looks about right.

I don't so much have a huge opinion in the normal vs powerhouse vs bulked up argument... I just want consistency. I want all the guys who SHOULD look the same TO look the same. Having an Anorexic Rhino and a huge Hulk annoys me. As does puny Apocalypse.

• 2 months later...

Clearly, an updated Abomination is in order. Maybe as a TRU tie-in to the Hulk set. Maybe paired with Doc Sampson... from before he went crazy.

YES! A Doc Sampson 'mate would be awesome.

Also, that Abomination looks great, MINI_MYTE. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'd like Samson to come with two hairpieces if possible. I've never liked the long hair, but really liked the short 'do.

red-hulk-doc-samson.jpg

• 4 weeks later...