UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is way out of the ordinary.

So far they're missing a box with Minimates, Star Wars figures, and other toys. Comics arrived fine. They've let Diamond know about it and hopefully it's getting sorted out. In the meantime, I'll wait patiently for Series 59, Clerks, and "Best of" 3. (Fingers crossed for next week.)

my comic shop got these in today. i picked up the Luke Cage/Iron Fist set and carried around the Spidey/Cap set for a minute before putting it back. i couldn't convince myself to pay 10 bucks just for Spidey, since the tru Cap i already have is so similar to this one. so, i'll be adding the spider sense Spider-Man to my wants trade list if anyone has an extra and needs something i have.

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=10402&p=322991

Edited by CortherX

I just meant, if they knew all those things were in one box, it sounds like they were packed and shipped. If they were just shorted a bunch of stuff, and they all happened to be toys, that's another thing. Seems like a lot.

I'm not sure about the details but, yeah, that's what it sounds like. Not sure where it got lost but there were a bunch of toys that never made it to the shop.

The alt Banner head makes for a nice transforming Connors face if you didn't get one of Luke's sticker sets, and don't dig that Lizard head.

And I really love being able to fix up a disappointing mate from eight (!) years ago with the extra Cage parts, that's some dedication from DST.

I swung by the ol' comics shop on the way home from work today and picked up Hawkeye/Ant Man and Power Man/Iron Fist. I'm not really interested in either Spidey or Cap, so unless the extras are great I'll probably be passing. I had Hulk and Iron Man in my hands, but I just couldn't do it. I'm sorry, but I hate that Iron Man. I feel like we've gotten so many variations of that same stupid armor, and I just don't want to pay for another. So, if anyone has an extra Grey Hulk for some reason and wants to trade, hit me up.

The Best of series was made for the specialty market, to supplement series with lesser-known characters like 50, 54, 59, 60, etc.

TRU doesn't need it, because we usually don't put a lot of obscure characters at TRU. They get the big names in their regular assortments.