UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pike-prise appears to have new bridge stickers, but no gooseneck viewer on the command chair. Should I be worried?

AA got it right the last time.

I doubt they would forget such an important detail on a product aimed at older collectors. I am more concerned about it being left off as a design choice. The Prime Directive demands a full inquiry into this matter! :)

Now that I've taken a second look inside that bridge, I'm not sure there would be enough room for that viewer inside even the bloated primary hull. :(

Ok, now I am worried!

On a side note, I received a subspace transmission from BBTS that the Pike-prise is now available for pre-order.

Edited by Paranoid Professional

<p>

The Gambit we got was perfect, I can think of some other Gambit variants though (not that any of them are necessary)

• Age of Apocalypse
  • Death of the Horsemen of Apocalypse
  • X-Men team uniform (yellow and Blue)

did this need to go in the Q & A thread??

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you DSTZach for being our guide in the realm of Star Trek Minimates. I for one do really hope we can get more Star Trek Minimates.

My thought would be to do a TNG Box set with Data, Troi, Yar and Worf, then you can include the parts for LaForge, Riker (could just be a head and hair since we could use a Picard from the first wave for the body) and Dr. Crusher. This would have everyone buying at least two sets to get the whole crew from TNG. I personally get four sets so I can open and make the other characters and still keep one package sealed.

Then you could do a Box Set for DS9 with Bashir, Jadzia Dax, Quark and Garek, then include parts for Ezri Dax, then you can work in a chaser 2 pack with Kira and O'Brien in it.

Then you could do a Box Set for Enterprise with Trip, Hoshi, Phlox and T'Pol, then you could include the parts to make Mayweather and Reed which would get people like me to buy at least four sets to make everyone.

and finally a box set for Voyager with Chakotay, B'Elanna, Tuvok and Nelix with parts to make Harry Kim and Tom Paris. Then could make a chaser 2 pack with Kes and the Doctor in it.

Then you could have a wave of Romulans (TOS & TNG), Ferengi (TNG & DS9), Founders (to include the female founder and Odo), Klingons (TMP & TNG & DS9 & VGR & ENT) and more aliens if possible.

This way the second wave of two pack mates could include a large alien assortment and we could still get the crews finished.

JMO and I look forward to getting news from you about hte Minimate Star Trek Universe's future.

Thank you.

Worst case scenario: TRU passes on future series and DST decides not to offer them in that format to comic shops.

That shouldn't preclude them from being offered in another format.

I just opened the

boxed set and if anything is a template for how to offer Trek sets in the future, this is it. Plenty of accessories and swappable parts to make up an assortment of characters or character variety.

Honestly, if DST were to offer bodies in different colored uniforms and a bunch of different noggins, I'd buy multiple sets just to make all the characters. I'm sure other collectors would, too, given how many have already done so with the first series (myself included).

Yeah, forcing toys to work in the mass market is like trying to get the TV show to be successful on network television where it was cancelled four times. Just like the TV show managed to find its audience in syndication (both rerun and first-run), certain products might work best in the specialty market. TRU might be the place for "Best of" type assortments and the chain certainly helps DST's bottom line but I've seen what the decisions of corporate buyers can do to a line like this. (As has Playmates and Art Asylum.)

Does DST advertise in IDW's Star Trek comics? What about the Star Trek Magazine? Maybe take out some banner ads on a couple fan sites or message boards. Oo, I know: A BLIMP.

ThinkGeek.com buys from DST from $10 plush Tribbles to the $175 cut-away Enterprise... but not Minimates. They offer the Kre-O sets and are probably regretting stocking them. I'm wondering if they'd stock $20 4-packs of Trek Minimates based on popular episodes or films. "Re-enact your favorite Star Trek adventures right on your office desk or create your own unique characters from the Final Frontier with these posable, modular Minimates!"

However I still really think Trek needs a TV show, and it needs to be the Enterprise. The cast and crew can (and should) change as the series continues but the mission statement should stay the same; "These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise."

How about a new Trek show set in the far future, after most of the Enterprise letters (-A, -B, etc)have been taken, and we're now on double letters?

The Enterprise-FU, conceived jointly with Rick Berman and JJ Abrams. With a theme song composed of pop music sung in a style that only your mother thinks is cool. With a Captain that's an amalgamation of every fan-favorite character from multiple universes, Captain Lwaxana Neelix Binks, who can only communicate in Flatulese.

After a viewing of the pilot episode, both Berman & Abrams are overheard saying "I don't get it, I thought the fans would be thrilled that Star Trek was back on the air. This show was meant as a love-letter to the fans!"

Hey all,

If it is unlikely that we will see many more of these, I do think we should get the tools to make out own. What I mean is if DST would be kind enough to finish up the Starfleet uniforms for us to customize.

My ideas:-

TNG - Data & Beverly or Worf & Deanna

DS9 - O'Brien & Dax

VOY - Torres & EMH

ENT - T'Pol & Phlox

If you have to have TOS as well (since we already have the main crew) how about Dress Uniform Scotty with alternative chest plus a Dr M'Benga?

As for TWOK movie figures, I'm a little stumped. Trying to make the pack look exciting by not including figures based on the same colour is difficult since all the movie uniforms are burgundy. How about Captain Spock and Dr McCoy in white medical uniform?

Starfleet_doctor%27s_attire%2C_2285.jpg

Or Scotty in black vest?

Scott_engineers_vest.jpg

Just some food for thought.

Take care,

Matty-lad