UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from my TRU and found an additional Glenn set and two more Shane sets. They are up for grabs for cost ($8 each after tax) plus shipping. PM me if you want/need them. First come first serve ;)

I plan to start further customization (read: part swapping) on my Zombies tonight. These guys are so great!

Well, the TV show is new and somewhat different, plus not always showing at the same time everywhere. The comics are out for quite a while before most spoilers get posted. You can't be a digest reader and expect no discussion of current issues. Get over it.

I'm not upset at the spoilage of the comics. Rather the fact that people pussy foot around and treat the (awful?) TV show with such high respect, while the original, far superior, comics still languish in obscurity, a pop culture foot note that the average The Walking Dead fan doesn't even know exists.

Sorry. I'm in one of those moods. I'll shut up now. :/

I'm tempted to jump on the WD comic bandwagon(& buy the TPBs whatever) although I'm not entirely overwhelmed by the TV series ,whilst I dislike anything spoiled I fail to see how we are going to collect the Minimates without being tipped off what's happening in the comics & what will eventually (I guess)happen in the TV show ................ look away now if you hadn't noticed this picture of the very first Minimate release ............

post-638-0-01888400-1353104054_thumb.jpg

Edited by buttheadsmate

I don't think the TV show is awful. I don't think its as good as the books, but for modern television, I think its a pretty good program. They do a good job making it exciting and not an easy guess.

So, tonight, after flipping through the first few issues of the comic again, I thought I'd give Rick one of Rocky Balboa's bandaged hands to represent the one he had in the comic. Then to my surprise, I noticed the Rick figure already had a bandaged hand! What an awesome attention to detail that I hadn't even noticed before. It's very subtle, but there. Yet another reason DST is tops when it comes to things like this.

So, tonight, after flipping through the first few issues of the comic again, I thought I'd give Rick one of Rocky Balboa's bandaged hands to represent the one he had in the comic. Then to my surprise, I noticed the Rick figure already had a bandaged hand! What an awesome attention to detail that I hadn't even noticed before. It's very subtle, but there. Yet another reason DST is tops when it comes to things like this.

Waiiiiiit...which Rick do you mean?? Because...that was the whole point of the Convention one haha...he doesn't even have a hand!! :lol:

Well, the TV show is new and somewhat different, plus not always showing at the same time everywhere. The comics are out for quite a while before most spoilers get posted. You can't be a digest reader and expect no discussion of current issues. Get over it.

I dunno, it's not too much trouble for people to use spoiler tags when discussing stuff that hasn't been collected yet. Now I have the Nothing to Fear storyline partly spoiled for me after avoiding spoilers for months, even on websites that discuss the comics. Alas! :(

Oh well, it's worth it for everyone's helpful hints on where to get exclusives and such. :biggrin:

I gave up trying to avoid spoilers with the WD comics. I read the hard back collected editions (because they look oh so good on my book shelf), so I don't get to read the WD but once a year...

I gave up trying to avoid spoilers with the WD comics. I read the hard back collected editions (because they look oh so good on my book shelf), so I don't get to read the WD but once a year...

I read the softcovers when they are released, but wait to purchase the hardcover volumes. I get to read the comics closer to when they come out, and I get nicer looking books for my collection.

I think I'm going to devote one bookshelf to the Walking Dead comics, dvds, and minimates. One little shrine to my favorite zombie continuity.

I'm not upset at the spoilage of the comics. Rather the fact that people pussy foot around and treat the (awful?) TV show with such high respect, while the original, far superior, comics still languish in obscurity, a pop culture foot note that the average The Walking Dead fan doesn't even know exists.

Sorry. I'm in one of those moods. I'll shut up now. :/

The comic is regularly one of the highest selling non-superhero comic books around. The collections even more so. I think it's doing okay. But yeah, after a few months, I think you're gonna have to expect people to talk about major plot points.

Shouldn't talk of the comics or tv shows be in a different forum and just the talk of the figures be held here? I don't watch the TV show. It bored me so much after watching the first 3 episodes that I gave up. I think the comic is fantastic though. I would be a little annoyed too if I came here looking for info on new figures and people are talking about what's happened in the comics/tv show.

Same here, and I get the hard backs for the exact same reason....although the slip case on my first omnibus from a few years back is now battered to hell, so may need to buy the re-release. Does anyone know if there are any fundamental differences between the 'first edition' omnibus and the rerelease from last year?

1353122342[/url]' post='251441']
1353122167[/url]' post='251439']

Waiiiiiit...which Rick do you mean?? Because...that was the whole point of the Convention one haha...he doesn't even have a hand!! :lol:

Deputy Rick, not the SDCC one. The first issue he was wearing a bandage on his hand. When he first finds Lori, she thinks he's been bit, but he tells her it's just from the iv from the hospital.

I never understood just buying volumes and collections. I've gotten into comics through volumes, and after I finish a volume, and there are no more out - I just start buying individual issues.

Seriously, The Walking Dead is an expense of just three dollars a month.

Found the remnants of WD series 1 at one of the TRUs here in Ottawa, Ontario Canada. All the exclusives were gone (no surprise there) and all that was left was one Rick / one armed zombie pack and two herd zombie packs.