UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walking Dead Minimates!

funkguerilla

Just wanted to make a post and let everyone know that both sets have been spoken for now. For those of you that missed out, I'll keep and eye out at my TRU for more...

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure somebody is going to "flame on" at me about my comments in this thread....not what I'm trying to do but bring it on ....I genuinely feel that the TRU stuff isn't just being scalped I just think it's bloody popular .

Not trying to flame or argue, but the first time I found these, the entire case was on the pegs, minus the exclusives.

That either says "scalper" or "Minimate collector" to me, not "popular".

"Popular" would indicate some of the Ricks & zombies gone, or an uneven number of all the packs left (like when I finally got mine, there were 2 Glenns & 1 Shane).

The fact that the only ones missing were the exclusives, says to me it was a collector who'd already gotten the rest of the wave at their LCS, or someone who saw a goldmine in those shiny silver stickers.

Just my $.02

I'm pretty sure somebody is going to "flame on" at me about my comments in this thread....not what I'm trying to do but bring it on ....I genuinely feel that the TRU stuff isn't just being scalped I just think it's bloody popular .

Not trying to flame or argue, but the first time I found these, the entire case was on the pegs, minus the exclusives.

That either says "scalper" or "Minimate collector" to me, not "popular".

"Popular" would indicate some of the Ricks & zombies gone, or an uneven number of all the packs left (like when I finally got mine, there were 2 Glenns & 1 Shane).

The fact that the only ones missing were the exclusives, says to me it was a collector who'd already gotten the rest of the wave at their LCS, or someone who saw a goldmine in those shiny silver stickers.

Just my $.02

Well, I'm not a scalper, but I've kept our local TRU cleaned out of Glen's and Shane's, just to trade and help my fellow board members out...

I have called somewhere between 10-15 TRUs within 45 miles of me today and out of those, only 2 had them. I asked if they sold out of them or they have yet to come in, the response was 50-50 don't know or they haven't come in. I ended talking to a clerk over the phone for some time, he likes walking dead and buys Halo mates, he said that a reason maybe because TRU has been shipping a lot if "big sale" items like leapfrog stuff, other interactive learning stuff, and game consoles and smaller items are being slowed down. So that's taking up a lot of space on the trucks. I don't know how true that is, but this whole thing just doesn't add up to me. 2 out of 10 plus doesn't sound right.

There havent been a lot of stores getting them in in my area either (South East Michigan) i called and shopped most all of the stores from jackson to detroit and only found 1 store that had them but were already cherry picked, ann arbor. I am staying positive that they wil show up but with the newly high priced sets popping up on ebay from near my area it makes me nervous. I definitely have scalpers to fight :/

I can assure you that the Ann Arbor store only got 1 case, and I cherry picked the exclusives for my collection. :whistling:

They haven't restocked either, from what I have seen.

My wife found a single Shane exclusive at the Novi TRU last week, and I found remnants of single cases at most of the Toledo stores a couple weeks ago.

I think this is a combination of perfect Halloween timing on the release by DST, a large comic and TV fanbase, TRU underestimating demand by said fanbase, poor regional and online distribution, and silver exclusive stickers. I don't see any more or less exclusives on eBay than any other recent TRU exclusive release.

Edited by youbastards

i figured you got to them first yb but i always have to check. We went out halloween shopping last thursday and called and dropped by every tru on the east side with no success. i am checking the jackson store daily and as soon as i find the sets ill buy what i can and begin contacting anyone local first who is looking for them. Im sure there are a lot of mate collectors around us that deserve a chance to have them, and ill give them up at cost. If there are any other michiganders searching and want to keep each other posted to arrivals let me know.

No worries, I don't expect to find anymore at this point, but if I do I will grab them for you and any other people on the forum that need them.

In my eyes, TRU's distribution has been "off" the last few months. Ann Arbor has always carried Halo 'mates - except for Series 5. Universal Monsters Wave 3 only shipped 1 case to any store I have been to, and I have yet to see an Expendables 2 boxset in a single store.

i agree. Michigan tru's have been so hit and miss. I finally broke down and ordered the expendables second box set today from their store. Back when the heralds of galactus box set came out i never found them in stores. I usually check the tru in downriver because it is usually the place i find most minis when im out working but they still havent got them in either, although they actually had 1 heralds box in, go figure. it seems like these minis are going to be like the warpath set and be nearly impossible to find.

All the people saying they're picking up and moving on minimate sets at cost deserve a round of applause for doing so.

As someone who depends on the goodwill of others to help me with my collection I'd like to say thank you.

Thank you. :)

Only 1 case has showed up at the local TRU so far. I scooped up the last Glen set and an extra Rick set, but the Shane pack was cleaned out.

I visited numerous times hoping for a re-stock, with no luck until the Shane set appeared on the shelf.

Since the rest of the stock hadn't changed, I can only a ssume that it was re-stocked after being returned or found somewhere else in store.

However it happened, At least I'm set on this wave.

96 Glenn sets in stock as of right now at tru.com. None of the rest yet.

Exclusive Walking Dead Minimates Series 1 - Zombie and Glenn

Glenn is also the only set that has been corrected in inventory with the correct listing. I would imagine when the others are corrected, the stock will be adjusted accordingly.

Edited by MrClean

Thanks so much for the heads up! I ended up having to call them because it wouldn't put the item in my cart. I have 2 packs on order and will continue to search for Shane unless the item comes in stock!

I didn't have any trouble adding to my cart (that's how I figured the count), but I didn't order any, so I don't know how far past that step it would go. Did you give them the item# 12898328 on the phone? That's the correct one for the link I had for Glen/Zombie, but they have an incorrect listing for Glen/Dale, currently not in stock, which I believe is actually the Zombie 2-pack.