UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Cover Replication Contest!

luke314pi

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, some amazing new entries once again!

At the risk of revealing my potential entry, I have a couple of questions Luke...

1. Would wrap covers be acceptable?

2. What if a similar cover replication has been already posted before by a different person, would it still be ok to do another rendition of it? It would be very different in the sense that the existing post "might" have used actual minimates to make the cover while I "might" simply draw the cover in minimate form.

Thanks! :D

Sorry it took me a few days to answer this - I was out of town and only had access to email. The answer to both questions is yes. :)

Here is my entry:

photobucket-3078-1315519937507.jpg

Legends of the dark knight 54 by Mike Mignola.

Pretty much made this cover from scratch. All the skeletons are repainted foddermates. So is batman with the inclusion of the bat gear and cape made from cloth. I used the same cloth to make a drop cloth for floor and to cover the riser bats is on. The grave stone and background are cardstock drawn on with sharpie.

I used my DROID x2 to take and edit the pic considering its got a better camera than my actual camera.

The original cover for reference

Legends+of+the+Dark+Knight+54.jpg

Edited by Punisher

Here's my entry: Comic Book Tattoo - Tales Inspired by Tori Amos.

th_ComicBookTattoo.jpg

th_cbt_coverjasonlevesque_2.jpg

This was a lot of fun but I wish I had picked an easier cover to replicate! I was planning on inking before I colored but I wouldn't have finished on time so I scanned my pencils and then colored it with pencil crayons.