UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Comic Variant Comic Covers

MiniFiend UK

http://my.spill.com/profiles/blog/show?id=...logPost:2586572

Got to say these look real cool, superheroes in a Tron style world. Spiderman, Cap Am and Ghost Rider are the standouts for me.

Ironman and Wolverine look bland compared to others and Spiderwoman looks strange its something about the cleavage it just throws off the whole picture.

An yes I would buy minimates based on these guys.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't like these variants. Tron has nothing to do with the Marvel universe. It bothers me that Disney is using Marvel to cross market the new film like this. Don't get me wrong, I love the film, but this variant campaign is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. I'm even considering ditching the few Marvel books I still buy because of it. Kneejerk reaction for sure, but the only way I can vote is with my wallet.

I know I'm in the minority, but I really don't like these variants. Tron has nothing to do with the Marvel universe. It bothers me that Disney is using Marvel to cross market the new film like this. Don't get me wrong, I love the film, but this variant campaign is leaving a nasty taste in my mouth. I'm even considering ditching the few Marvel books I still buy because of it. Kneejerk reaction for sure, but the only way I can vote is with my wallet.

Bad news then as Disney are really getting into the Marvel stuff they have picked up the distribution for IM3 and The Avengers from Paramount.

It could be the start of Disney trying to get everything in one place.

I love the Ghost Rider too and the Iron man is great. I am HUGE Tron fan so this is awesome. In fact today I was at Kmart and saw this IM2 three pack that had a recon war machine, Hulkbuster IM and a Holographic IM that looked like it was out of TRON, and I wished they packed the IM in a single pack cause I didn't want the other too.

Bad news then as Disney are really getting into the Marvel stuff they have picked up the distribution for IM3 and The Avengers from Paramount.

It could be the start of Disney trying to get everything in one place.

Not really, I'd already ditched all the Avengers books apart from Nu New. The X-books aren't lighting my fire anymore with the X-ception of X-Factor. But I've been picking up more and more DC books since Blackest Night.

Love the Marvel Universe but I really resent the Disneyfication of it. (apologies for off-topicness).

LOVE it Ivan.

Did you whip this up just now?

Thanks. It took about an hour from start to post. Just had to tweak the textures, relink them, turn down the lights and Bob's your uncle. I'd like to make a version that matches the pattern on the cover too, but this was quick and easy.

Those are all brilliant. I especially love the Ms. Marvel variant-- I would welcome that costume, honestly.