UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

So I've realised I can't drawn bad guys without making them snarl... saying that I really like face on Wizard. Might go back and try and give him a smug smirk, but in my rough designs the eyes and smirk didn't look right.

wizard___control_art_by_lord_liney-d64xb

wizard___control_art___coloured_by_lord_

Edited by Liney

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I've realised I can't drawn bad guys without making them snarl... saying that I really like face on Wizard. Might go back and try and give him a smug smirk, but in my rough designs the eyes and smirk didn't look right.

wizard___control_art_by_lord_liney-d64xb

WANT! WANT! WANT!

*Gasp* Only eight pages in and I finally got around to trying my hand at actual customs. Well, printing stickers and applying them to minimates, all of which you can find in the decal thread, if that counts.

post-3031-0-47977200-1368482030_thumb.jp post-3031-0-53750100-1368482183_thumb.jp post-3031-0-34524600-1368483551_thumb.jp

She-Thing, made from possible the con exclusive Thing, and a couple of stickers, the belt is one whole piece, which was fun to get on straight. Not sure whether or not to paint the collar on the top on the torso block. Decided against giving her a powerhouse piece, as pictures show her smaller than The Thing, and otherwise she dwarfs characters like She-Hulk. Ignore Thing, he's awaiting a new pair of legs.

post-3031-0-34266300-1368482457_thumb.jp

Loved this costume of Storm's but the minimate hasn't aged well and a lot of corners were cut, vinyl stickers on front and back and skin painted on her sides. Got one for the face but the hair tends to rip it. Also swapped her feet for some C3 ones.

post-3031-0-41625000-1368483182_thumb.jp

Hawkeye just got the powerhouse piece replaced by a decal found in the decal thread and a modified one on the back. Quiver glued on the back, forgot to take a pic though.

post-3031-0-19727400-1368483460_thumb.jp

Daredevil was more a trial run, just updated his chest and tested out the gloss sealer.

Destiny

Jeff and I must be on the same page when it comes to this kind of thing, just checked The Minimate Cookbook and he has just posted a recipe for Destiny.

I drew her with and without cape. The cape is basically off the new Scarlet Witch. I tried to make her body more realistic, so no huge chest and muscles, as I remember reading somewhere her other power was looking good in lycra at her age. tongue.png

I never realised how odd her costume is, she was what about 60? That's a lot of elderly lady flesh showing, especially the bingo wing arms. If it were me I would have a sleeved leotard and tights under the boots. But I digress...

destiny___control_art_by_lord_liney-d65d

destiny___control_art___coloured_by_lord

destiny_with_cape___control_art_by_lord_

destiny_with_cape___control_art___colour

Edited by Liney

Yeah, that's weird we were both working on the exact same figure. CA-RAZY! teehee.gif

Thanks for the plug Liney!

Don't mention it, I like seeing how different people interpret the same character and costume. I'm not wild about the capes that are available, Destiny has a shoulder hugging ones which would kill any arm movement.

Love the She-Thing custom the head suits it perfectly. Your coloured Wizard just makes me want it more!

And after all that a Bingo wings reference!

Thanks, the only problem is that I also like that head for Thing and don't want them to have the same face.

Glad someone appreciates the bingo wings, I have no idea if our friends across the pond use that term.

Right coloured images added for Destiny, I'll stop adding stuff now, promise!

Edited by Liney

• 1 month later...

Greetings all, if you've looked at the decal thread lately you will have seen I've been fixing up the old Trek mates, if not you haven't missed much really.

I noticed the cuff braids were fading or going off colour and people had the wrong badges, so I whipped up a few decals. I mainly wanted everyone to have the same looking braids.

Sorry for the shoddy pics, but they had to be done on my phone, which seems to have washed the colours out a lot dry.png

post-3031-0-61317000-1372019415_thumb.jp

Sulu got new sleeve braids and the random guy has a chest sticker. Chekov is just there to show colour matches.

post-3031-0-48320200-1372019628_thumb.jppost-3031-0-47604800-1372019789_thumb.jppost-3031-0-03833100-1372019905_thumb.jp

Scotty got new braids while Uhura got braids and a new chest to add some curves and the correct badge. Spock's there to show the difference between official and printed braids. Note his seem really dark. Rand shows how I changed the ladies chest designs.

post-3031-0-82632700-1372019996_thumb.jp

Kirk got new braids, his were still nice and bright, but no longer matched the rest of the crew. The green isn't right, so I will be revisiting those in the near future.

I'm still having trouble matching the right blue for the science division when printing, so they will come later hopefully.

post-3031-0-59166000-1372020075_thumb.jp

Finally my updated Kabuki, the colours match in person, I promise. Will try and take a better pic at some point.

All my decals are in the decal thread if anyone wants them. thanks.gif

Edited by Liney

• 3 weeks later...

I dusted off my old AMT bridge model to retake some photos of my trek fix ups and realised it wasn't as good as I remembered. The scale was close enough to work with mates but Rand's hair made he as tall as the walls, which bothered me. Plus I didn't paint it that well and was pretty bad when it came to putting the decals on too.

While I was looking for reference images to fix it I found this paper bridge model on a papercraft site and thought I would give it a shot. It was way too small for minimates so I had to enlarge it, I decided to go 79% bigger, in order for the stations to be the right height and for Janice not to make everything look small.

Been doing bits of it on and off for about a week now, its a bit fiddly in places, even after being enlarged almost twice the size. Going to go over the white edges with a marker or paint when done, but here's a WIP.

post-3031-0-35827300-1373490899_thumb.jppost-3031-0-43904600-1373491291_thumb.jppost-3031-0-13415900-1373491375_thumb.jp

Mine doesn't look anywhere as good as the pictures in the instructions, which disappoints me a bit, but hey ho. It measures about 35cm across, I think, and about 10cm tall.

Again I should point out, I didn't design this, I just found it online

Thanks, the model does come with chairs to make, but they are designed to stay fixed in one space. The one on the pic is form the old AMT model. As some of the model parts, mainly the chairs, and hand rails are a little fiddly I am going to incorporate bits from the plastic kit. Best of both worlds.

Just a quick update, done a bit more work on the bridge. The tiny side supports for the steps and handrails were a bit flimsy, so I ripped the same pieces off of my old AMT model in the hope they would be a bit more stable. And they are.

I also stole the Captain's chair and station bucket seats. Only problem is it only came with six, and I need 8...

post-3031-0-71796500-1374007631_thumb.jppost-3031-0-71802200-1374007697_thumb.jp

I also added this to the decal thread, but thought I would add it here too

Salt Vampire

post-3031-0-48059000-1374007817_thumb.jppost-3031-0-20133800-1374007815_thumb.jppost-3031-0-88590100-1374007812_thumb.jppost-3031-0-51071900-1374007810_thumb.jp

Edited by Liney

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, these are excellent. May use the salt vampire ones once I get the confidence to start that sort of thing.

Any future plans? I don't suppose you take requests? If I could be cheeky, I don't suppose you would be willing to do the Mirror Uhura with white skin to make a Rand? Hope you don't take offense, it's just your designs are amazing.

Take care,

Matty-lad