UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Green Lantern Minimates

buttheadsmate

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 18 2011, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for those who didnt know, clark will make a cameo in GL

That would be a nice way to establish DC's movie continuity... but didn't they wrap filiming on GL on August 6th? Henry Cavil was only cast for Superman a couple weeks ago. Either they did some very late filming additions in order to fit him in, or they have a different actor playing Clark for GL.

*coughHULKcough*

my guess is he wont show his face too much and it will be a sort of "hey clark, that guy is a great reporter" type of scene or maybe his name will just be on a newspaper, either way i like that their doing this

my guess is he wont show his face too much and it will be a sort of "hey clark, that guy is a great reporter" type of scene or maybe his name will just be on a newspaper, either way i like that their doing this

I think it'll be a nice addition, no matter how they do it... unless of course if it's a throw-away fan nod, like the human Hank McCoy in X2, which wasn't thought-through or followed-up well enough to be considered true "continuity" (unless someone out there has a theory on it that I haven't heard yet)

Here's hoping they're doing it right :)

and I would imagine that if it's a short enough scene that doesn't involve the main actors, they could easily shoot a pickup scene with Henry Cavil now and manage to work it into the final edit. They still have a few months left before the official release...

So, does anyone want to wager that the purposeful production of a Clark Minimate means that DST has plans to make Moviemates for future DC films? I would imagine that if GL is a one-off license, they wouldn't go to the trouble of including Clark, especially if he only has a 10 second scene.

You could argue that they're just trying to milk the property, but then, wouldn't they have released a Tony Stark Minimate when they did the Incredible Hulk line?

... unless they're hoping that the Clark 'mate will generate enough interest to help secure the license for future DC films that they don't already have

hmmm. *strokes beard*

Of the Green Lantern Minimates that we already have only the Hal Jordan & John Stewart find good prices on ebay ,the rest of the characters never did that well & still don't .....why would that be ? Would these other characters.....Sinestro,Guy Gardner,Kilowog & Salaak benefit from a few tweaks or a complete rehash if they were amongst other proposed Lantern characters? I guess that a movie Sinestro would benefit from the standard (?) Green Lantern uniform? The Minimate character Salaak is probably one of the most unique Minimates ever made ,his torso is completely unique to him & you'll find it nowhere else,yet I cannot recall too many customs of Salaak or any that utilise the parts . Sinestro & Salaak are also relatively rare because DC Wave 8 was produced in far fewer numbers than other DC Waves ....these factors ought to make them desirable but they're still there on ebay every week ??

I just hope that this new Green Lantern Movie box-set will have the right characters to sell it because we'll only have one more chance with DC & DST needs to get this right.

The Minimate character Salaak is probably one of the most unique Minimates ever made ,his torso is completely unique to him & you'll find it nowhere else

The Theatre Ghost from TRU wave 4 used that torso.

And dangit, you had to go and say that this is DST's last chance with DC, didn't you? lol

I had never thought about it before (though I should have) but this would be the third strike if it doesn't do well. until now, I had only been thinking "third time's a charm" ... not "third nail" :(

Salaak is probably one of the most unique Minimates ever made ,his torso is completely unique to him ....

.....apart from the GB Theatre Ghost <_<:D

Technically (buttheadsmate shudders as he is reminded of another recent thread :ermm: ) this would be the first time that DST actually had the licence .....but the third collaboration (or bloody whatever :rolleyes: ) & if all the hatchets have been buried then one way or another it will be the last time :yes:

QUOTE (Donny B @ Feb 18 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Minimate character Salaak is probably one of the most unique Minimates ever made ,his torso is completely unique to him & you'll find it nowhere else

The Theatre Ghost from TRU wave 4 used that torso.

And dangit, you had to go and say that this is DST's last chance with DC, didn't you? lol

I had never thought about it before (though I should have) but this would be the third strike if it doesn't do well. until now, I had only been thinking "third time's a charm" ... not "third nail" :(

even if the movie mates dont sell to well (which im highly doubting) theyve anounced the blackest night wave....there is absolutley NO way that will fail

I have to say, those are some the shinest Minimates we've seen in quite a while. Wonderfully intricate tampo artwork for Ryan Lantern's costume.

Have to agree with the disappoitment with the bulky & sculpted parts for Killowog as well. He just looks so awkward and top-heavy. After seeing what Diamond could do with inhuman Minimates in the Ghostbusters line, I was looking forward to seeing what they would do with the alien members of the Green Lantern Corps. Now I'm not so sure I want to see...

Is this the first time they've used any sort of metallic ink or foil on their packaging? Looks nice - really catches the eye. That's going to be important when these are on the shelves next to the Green Lantern figures, Green Lantern dress-up costumes, Green Lantern role-playing gear, Green Lantern flashlights, etc...

Meh. This really isn't what I would have hoped for. I'm not looking forward to forking over the money for the GL or X-Men movies this summer. However, I think X-Men was just better designed, and I think the 'Mates have a nice, clean, classic look. These, however, just can't overcome the bad designs. Which is horrible as GL has just about one of the best designed costumes out there. Don't get me wrong, I'll pick them up, and probably wet myself as I do so (I should get that looked at). I guess DST is just working with what they've been given. (Are they really? Why the bulk instead of a larger body for Big K? Does the GL/DST license include a restriction? It's been indicated in Q&A's that Minimates are in 2.5 inch scale, not 2 inch. Why not just use that body? Who cares? I've got a proper Kilowog.) What's exciting is the possibility for more DC Comics/DC Movie Minimates. So bring on the GL 'Mates if it helps other stuff see the light of day.

One last thing, in fairness to these Mates, the faces here are pretty brilliant even if the costume designs do suck. Bravo, DST.

Technically (buttheadsmate shudders as he is reminded of another recent thread :ermm: ) this would be the first time that DST actually had the licence .....but the third collaboration (or bloody whatever :rolleyes: ) & if all the hatchets have been buried then one way or another it will be the last time :yes:

That does sound eerily familiar.

Hey look Army Builders! Looks like they're following the Marvel model pretty closely.

post-33-1298071335_thumb.jpg

I don't understand why they can't show these, they've shown so many already. I wonder what makes these so special. Plot points, perhaps? Can anyone with a deeper knowledge of the Green Lantern universe figure out who they are supposed to be?

Considering they pulled the pics it only seems reasonable for them to have blacked out teasers up now. As for who's there...

I see possibly Carol Ferris, Stel, Civvy Hal, not sure about the others. You sure these are the army builders? The ones I saw before the pics were taken down were different. Maybe we're getting two different ones?

Either way, DST better get the pics/hype up fast. If these don't get out by the movie, there's gonna be no interest for them with all the other Mattel product destined to pegwarm still there after the movie.

Edited by Punisher

something about the lack of the DST and AA logo's is bugging me when i look at that poster, and after seeing the army builder line-up in the gallery i would assume these are just various characters put togther in some sort of promo poster

from what i can tell, i see;

carols dad (cant remember his name but that mate looks military)

some sort of civies hal

pilot hal

carol

manhunter

kinda weird that we arnt seeing any of hal in costume in this poster

You sure these are the army builders?

Good point, maybe they're not. I might have jumped to that conclusion based on the style of the image. Five is a weird number for non-counter dumps though. Maybe we're seeing a return to five-figure box sets? Shame it's not a trend likely to carry over to Marvel.

I know yall are all excited, and I hate to break it to you, but this isn't going to happen. They'll get delayed because DST doesn't have the connections with DC that they do with Marvel. The DVD will be out before we ever see these guys, and they'll just die a quiet death on the clearance aisle of TRU once this movie flops. Or even if it doesn't. Then DC Minimates will be decapitated, staked through the heart before the final nail is put in their coffin forever. More likely? these fizzle out are die without so much as a whimper.

Mark my words guys, 9 months from now we still won't have GL minimates, or DC of any kind. And you can take that to the bank!

Also,

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

there are pics up of the designs for the blackest night comic wave on DST's facebook, i would post a link but im posting from my phone, the line up for wave 1 is

black hand/hal jordan

BL martian manhunter/sinestro (in yellow)

deathstorm/GL corps member (looks like we get 2 human heads and 2 alien heads)

firestorm/ GL corps member

im SUPER excited about these and they should sell like hotcakes