UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ring Constructs Help

mrjasontodd

I am trying to find clear items of various colors that I could use as energy beams and other constructs that might be compatible to fit on the hands the Green Lantern and Sinestro minimates (and other Corps customs).

Aside from the street fighter and other minimate accessories i have having a bit of luck but if anyone out there knows of any other items please list them below.

the constructs that come with the DCUC Katma figure fit PERFECTLY on the minimates hands and come off without taking the hand as well. I have not tried them but I think the items that came with John Stewart are too big. I am looking for cheap constructs that came with the new two pack Sinestro so I can try those too.

photo3-1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Also I have found that the energy blast that comes with the Marvel Universe Iron Man figs perfectly latch onto the arms of Sinestro

3767023151_462e456c6b.jpg

I am hoping that the 3 3/4" Green Lantern movie figures are compatible as well.

Edited by mrjasontodd

Nice finds so far :D

Other than SF accessories, all I can think of are translucent lego antennas. I've also known Luke to use the antennas from Lego as the thinnest part works perfectly as a minimate staff (I recently got a translucent orange one as part of a ninja custom I bought from his store, and gave it to a fire ninja I had previously bought from there). Though I can't think of any Lanterns who'd fight with a staff, it might be of some help as they come in green, orange and yellow last I checked.

Edited by pawcanada

I'll have to check that out.

I found a minifigs site with some cool pieces. Mainly shields and swords and such but still compatible as far as i can tell.

http://www.brickforge.com

battleaxe_transgreen_front.jpg

knightsshield_transgreen_front-01.jpg

Also I cannibalized the latest TRU Gamma Hulk to make a decent armor and giant fist construct for John Stewart. In the books he has been seen lately sporting full marine combat gear so I might start looking into seeing if i can get a mold made from my MAX SWAT minimate and cast a clear green one to get it close to comic style as i can.

f86b047e.jpg

d615d837.jpg

c1cd0bea.jpg

Nice idea on the Gamma Hulk. I managed to find some cheap on ebay and swipped them up :D

The lego pieces look great and will look at investing in some. Any suggestiosn on how best to modify it so it's minimate compatable?

Just voicing my admiration for the use of the Gamma hulk as Lantern Construct armour. Inspired idea.

A boardie on here was kind enough to cast me some flight stands - one of which was in green to mimic the Lantern Construct:

28457_434724442802_613442802_5648266_112

There's a big hand that comes with one of the JLU John Stewarts that's currently sitting in every Target in America. I didn't look too closely, but I think it will work well with Minimates. And there's the Imaginext GL plane, which is awesome:

post-1943-1299023059_thumb.jpg

i was going to hunt down a few Slimer stands but having someone cast one in that color is brilliant. I think the one that came with HA Thor would look slick. If anyone here can do casts or refer me to someone who can i would greatly appreciate it.

Hellpop, i have not entered a target in ages. is it the generic GL uniform JLU fig or some newer one?

Edited by mrjasontodd

I'm using the Washington square ghost hands on my karu-sil custom I'm working on. I'll post pics as soon as I finish her.

Also another thought. You could make basic energy blasts using hot glue and then just using clear paint on them. I know of a tutorial on how to make hot glue flame and electricity effects for gi joes, the same concept can be applied for constucts.

Nice idea. I was considering getting a WSG to use as a base for Orange Lantern Glomulus but seeing more pictures he looks more yellow than the orange-ish i thought i saw in the package

WashingtonSquareGhost1.jpg

Hellpop, i have not entered a target in ages. is it the generic GL uniform JLU fig or some newer one?

No, I think it's the Crime Syndicate one, actually. It might also be in TRUs, because they're carrying JLU now, but I don't recall if they have that wave clogging the pegs, or the one before it.

http://dchallofjustice.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Ring_%28JLU%29

28457_434724442802_613442802_5648266_112

Dammit, I bet the boardie that made you that stand is kicking himself for not having made one in that color for himself... that photo's amazing, it never looked THAT nice sitting in his crafting lair.

Once I find out the name of this boardie, I intend to request his services in making me one or two for my own collection? ;)

Nice idea. I was considering getting a WSG to use as a base for Orange Lantern Glomulus but seeing more pictures he looks more yellow than the orange-ish i thought i saw in the package

WashingtonSquareGhost1.jpg

I think the two releases for this guy were quite different, as in the original release and the best of wave... one was yellow, and the other very orange if I remember correctly, I'd definitely check up on that if I were you.

Once I find out the name of this boardie, I intend to request his services in making me one or two for my own collection? ;)

Same here!

I think the two releases for this guy were quite different, as in the original release and the best of wave... one was yellow, and the other very orange if I remember correctly, I'd definitely check up on that if I were you.

Yeah, it looks like the best of version is the orange one on minimate database

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it looks like the best of version is the orange one on minimate database

I just picked one of the 'best of' Washington Square Ghost for the express purpose of making Glomulus (and by that I mean putting him on my shelf and saying "that's Glomulus"), and while it is "orangey-er" then the original, I would classify it more as a "deep yellow/gold" like he's a Sinestro construct

However if you have an extra Exploding Stay Puft (which might be like saying "an extra Classic Angel" at this point) he is very red-orange, if you replace the yellow blank inside of Washington Square Rerelease's body with the red-orange blank from inside Stay Puft it ends up making the figure as a whole look "orange"... so there's that.

that is a great idea, and thank you very much for the first hand report. I do not have a Staypuft but i do have a clear red blank that should work just fine.

Also, with the 3 & 3/4" green lantern movie figures coming soon and pics of them popping up all over the place I am certain that the constructs for their fists would fit on Minimate hands.

• 1 month later...

There's an article over at AFI about the compatibility of the movie ring constructs with other toys, which looks to be pretty darn swell. I don't know if they will work with something as small as a Minimate's arm, but you never know. I'm sure we'll be swimming in these things at the clearance aisle by Christmas, so it may be worth it to wait. Here's the article:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/blog/spymagician/mattel-green-lantern-movie-series-fantastic-constructs/