UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello, Clarice...

Hello, gentleman. I think that's a safe salutations considering I'm on a toy site hahaha. I've been a member of the Fwoosh for years, as I was a huge Legends collector. Once that line starting tapering, I was looking for something else to fill the void. I then saw that Minimates was making a series with two of my favorite characters, Deadpool and Gambit, and I was hooked. I started picking them up here and there, and then got hooked like crack. I eventually bought a lot off of eBay containing pretty much every mate, and am completely caught up aside from the Warlock set currently. And now I'm here, since Fwoosh focuses mostly on ML, as I need to satiate my dominant addiction.

I'm from Philly, currently living in Bensalem, a suburb like 2 feet from Philly. I'm in law school, I used to be in a death metal band, I'm obsessed with hockey and in particular, the Flyers. I also collect ML's, hockey jerseys, Street Fighter, and some McFarlanes here and there. Minimates are becoming my dominant collection and easily the largest collection, number wise, I have. I'll post shots of my collection soon somewhere. And if you want to see some sweet jerseys, hit me up.

Oh, and I'm always down to help a fellow collector out, ask on the Fwoosh I pick stuff up very frequently and ship it out for C&S, so if you need anything let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

So, hi!

Welcome aboard, guv.

I'm a bit of a ML fan too, although i mostly stuck to the X-Men related figures.

Awesome avatar, man. Is there a story behind it - or do you just have a perverse love of bob saget?

Welcome to the 'verse and your new addiction, Johnny! I'm a little proud to announce your suggestion is in fact wrong, when it comes to the 'verse: we do have (a very small) number of ladies around here, so make sure to welcome them, too! :P

Oh, and:

I'm always down to help a fellow collector out, ask on the Fwoosh I pick stuff up very frequently and ship it out for C&S, so if you need anything let me know and I'll keep an eye out.

Especially for us non-US-members that is good news! We really love our supporting US-members and increasing that number is always good.

So, welcome on board!

Loving these Lamb references hahaha.

Nessex, I just thought the picture was hilarious and I stuck with it ever since...many years ago. I've been using it since my early Fwoosh days, and it's come to really be my trademark across the interwebs haha.

Bob Harris, I spent too many hours finding stuff to ship up north haha. Not to mention collecting hockey jerseys...most of my trades go up there. I'm happy to help out America's hat!

Buttheadsmate, yup, that was me. That thing was a MONSTER. I spend days going through them all haha.

Minimadman, OGRE Christ. Not sacrilegious, as I'm a God fearing man, just funny and ridiculous. Every song was about movies, video games, or comics. Our claim to fame was opening for Green Jelly/Jello in Allentown.

TM2, yea, fwoosh isn't Minimate-centric. I needed to find a place that was.

Thanks for the greetings, and I'm excited to be here!

Every couple of years I get reminded of Green Jelly. I wish that I wasn't :lol:

I thought that 3 Little Pigs video was the greatest thing on this earth when it was first released.

Dude, they're the nicest guys in the world! I grew up on that video, too. And when they were playing it, they brought like 300 people on stage and handed me the mic for the falsetto part. I almost died of happiness. They invited us on tour nationally, and I was the party pooper and had to say no to go to law school. But hey! I can say I opened for a Grammy nominated act ;)

They were nominated for a Grammy :ohmy:

And I'm sure they are nice people. That song is just one of those wacky artifacts of the 1990s that I don't look back fondly on, and wish my subconscious would erase from my mind. Along with Vanilla Ice, the Bodyguard, James Bond, Jr., Rob Liefeld, etc. etc.

Edited by karamazov80

They were nominated for a Grammy :ohmy:

And I'm sure they are nice people. That song is just one of those wacky artifacts of the 1990s that I don't look back fondly on, and wish my subconscious would erase from my mind. Along with Vanilla Ice, the Bodyguard, James Bond, Jr., Rob Liefeld, etc. etc.

I completely understand. Oh man, James Bond Jr. I almost forgot about the plight. Rob Liefield...everytime I see feet not drawn on a cover I think of him.