UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Take these broken wings

Polarboy

Because I'm an idiot who loves paying over the odds for older figures I just got angel.

Anyway if you look at him the wrong way his wings fall off. Were they all like this or did I get a dud?

If this was common place I'm sure people found a solution, has anybody tried making the holes deeper? or is superlue the salvation here?

I think for quoting Mister Mister, you deserve a cookie! ;)

One of the stranger popular 80s pop songs, because of its "half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole" line. Sounds like something Pinhead would come up with.

I think for quoting Mister Mister, you deserve a ban! ;)

I agree... But I cant stand by and see someone suffer with a wingless Angel. What I did was hold the wing hole over the steam of a whistling kettle until it got nice and soft. The peg popped right in and has held nicely ever since. I used this operation on Champions, X-Factor, and FA Angel... Works like a charm. Just dont burn yourself.

I vote no ban, since half the crowd wouldn't know who they were if it wasn't for

;) Glad you made it over here PB, good people here :)

Yup, that sounds like Champions Angel all right. And yes, later Angel 'mates were better at the "keeping wings in place" bit. (It helps that they had actual fully-formed hollows to plug the back pegs into rather than the plain hole.)

Superglue is fine if you're the lazy type who doesn't mind losing some of the wing articulation(? I don't know if swiveling in place counts as actual "articulation"). I'm sure some enterprising 'versers out there have tried making them deeper with a drill or a dremel, though that's not exactly my area of expertise.

And peg this to me being more of a Generation Y kind of kid I guess, but I didn't even know what a "Mister Mister" was until a certain pop song review on a certain geeky website... I'll call myself "lucky" on that bit.