UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor/Captain America movie-mates

blizzerd

What waves do you all think these are going to be? Not sure what it means in terms of DST's schedule (if anything), but Hasbro is going to be releasing their Thor line in March and their Cap line in May.

With the recent trend of TRU getting entirely different waves from comic-shops, might we be seeing these only at TRU? Or completely unique waves, so they can pump more of these out (so we aren't left with a Final Battle Whiplash type situation :angry: )?

Do you think they'll be more retrained in how many they pump out as these are relatively unproven properties compared to IM2, which was all but guaranteed to be a success based on the first one?

These movies aren't exactly hurting in terms of potential mates:

Thor (Armor)

Thor (Human)

Loki (Armor)

Loki (Dress Robes)

Odin

Destroyer

Fandral

Hogun

Volstagg

Sif

Heimdall

Ymir

Frost Giant Army Builder

Frigga

SHIELD Agent Coulson

Jane Foster

Jane Foster's friends (Kat Dennings/Stellan Skarsgard's characters)

Steve Rogers (Pre-Serum)

Steve Rogers (Post-Serum)

Captain America (USO Outfit)

Captain America (Battle-Ready Outfit)

Johann Schmidt

Red Skull

Arnim Zola

HYDRA Grunt Army Builder

Bucky

Peggy Carter

General Chester Phillips

Abraham Erskine

Young Howard Stark

Dum Dum Dugan

Other Howling Commandos (we don't know who they'll be yet)

Wow, I didn't realize quite how long that list'd be until I typed it out

Any movie release seems to go hand in box with comic accurate versions as well so depending on how prominent characters like the warriors three are in the Thor movie I would expect to see them in 616 versions then movie style.

One character I am expecting to see in comic style is Winter Soldier it would be the perfect waves to release him in.

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Clever stuff Nessex . ;)

I'm been heavily into Cap comics & if the movie is going to concentrate on his early days which surely it has to then DST ought to supply us with some Wehrmacht army builders . I've been reading some of the current Cap spin-offs which are set during WW2 & they are total drivel & involve .....the Red Skull & his Nazi hordes ......did you guess? In the 'normal' Cap comic set obviously present-day ,Steve,The Falcon & Natasha have embarked to the Channel Islands to follow Bucky Cap who...lets not spoil.....has gone to the Channel Islands with....Zemo & his Nazi cohorts ......did you guess? I could spend all day mocking the inaccuracies in both comics but I realise that they are just comics & I'll leave that well-alone. My point is that we'll never see those Wehrmacht soldiers or their Nazi masters in Minimate form because it ain't going to happen. For me that will be a huge shame & totally hypocritical.

Captain America (Heroic Age) has gone from superb to lost its way again since Rogers' return. Thor (Heroic Age) on the other hand seems to be going down the 'Lord of the Rings' road & I'm struggling with that as well.

If the movies reflect either current comic trend then I'll be further saddened.

I'm not nearly as interested in movie 'Mates as I am the corresponding comic versions. My post-movie dream waves would be:

THOR

Classic Thor/Sif (Using the Thor from the Disney Exclusive Set with a better cape and expression)

Hela/Fandrall

Hogun/Volstagg

Enchantress/Executioner

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Super-Soldier Steve Rogers/Sharon Carter

Falcon/Baron Zemo

Arnim Zola/Winter Soldier

updated Nick Fury/SHIELD Agent (Male)

updated Nick Fury/SHIELD Agent (Female)

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Falcon/Baron Zemo

This would be awesome, because depending on the parts used for Fury, you could potentially army build both of those SHIELD soldiers by simply replacing head and hair pieces! :woot:

CAPTAIN AMERICA

Falcon/Baron Zemo

This would be awesome, because depending on the parts used for Fury, you could potentially army build both of those SHIELD soldiers by simply replacing head and hair pieces! :woot:

Precisely my thinking. What I envisioned for Fury would be a dusky trenchcoat worn over his standard SHIELD uniform... something like what we see in this image: http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/8190/...ry_in_color.jpg though with white accents. Like Multiple Man, he'd come with alternate limbs so you could have him with or without the trench. I'd also toss in a sculpted chest holster to wear when he's out of the trenchcoat.

The SHIELD agents would each have the standard SHIELD uniform and a fairly generic head. For added variety, the set with the female agent could feature Sgt. Fury in his Howling Commandos look (easily accomplished with existing parts) or a retro-cool Steranko Tech Nick Fury (Image).

Shovel.jpg

I think this would have been more appropos...

175px-TombstonePiledriver.jpg

Quite possibly . . . i've never actually read the wreching crew in anything aside from Runaways and there was talk of some kind of enchanted shovel or some such. LOL :P hence the picture.

Edited by Nessex

Quite possibly . . . i've never actually read the wreching crew in anything aside from Runaways and there was talk of some kind of enchanted shovel or some such. LOL :P hence the picture.

Excavator, the temporary fifth member of the Crew, wielded an enchanted shovel

I'd be surprised if we don't see the Crew soon, to be honest. Obviously the fans want to see them and they've shown up in two cartoons recently now, Super Hero Squad Show and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Edited by blizzerd

It'd be great to see:

Batroc, Crossbones and an army builder Nick Fury with some alternate heads to make other SHIELD agents (Dum Dum Dugan!), Baron Zemo (60's and current version), Baron Von Strucker, Arnim Zola, Falcon (1st appearance green/orange and the classic red/white), Sharon Carter.

The Warriors Three, Sif, Balder, Heimdall, Odin, Enchantress, Executioner, Wrecking Crew (or at the very least the Wrecker), Grey Gargoyle, Cobra, Hyde and the Destroyer... oh, and Beta Ray Bill!

Hopefully we see Winter Soldier in a wave! Maybe a long hair, red shoulder star variant. That way he could be paired with a shield agent, which makes sense.

I'd love to see shield agents come with a ton of possibilities of customization. Like a reversible torso with a male and female side. It could come with a webgear of some sort that covers the back to hide he other side tampo. And two different heads, and two different hair pieces. One hair piece short and black for the male, but also works for Maria Hill, and the other long blonde for Sharon Carter.

My preferred setup for SHIELD agents would be to have them packed with Fury who has a variant of Dum Dum Dugan, then have them packed in another wave with Sharon Carter with a variant of Maria Hill.

I'll be disappointed if I don't have have minimates of Agent Caulson, Baron Zemo, Thunderstrike, and Beta Ray Bill a year from now.

My preferred setup for SHIELD agents would be to have them packed with Fury who has a variant of Dum Dum Dugan, then have them packed in another wave with Sharon Carter with a variant of Maria Hill.

I'll be disappointed if I don't have have minimates of Agent Caulson, Baron Zemo, Thunderstrike, and Beta Ray Bill a year from now.

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Beta Ray Bill... :biggrin: ... ;)

ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Beta Ray Bill... :biggrin: ... ;)

"I am NOT a Horse!"