UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Whats the average price of customs?

Just curious if I were to have a custom made by one of the fabulous customizers on here what I would expect to pay.

I think there are to many variables to have a average price.

You have things like if it uses different parts from different figures does the customiser supply them or will you supply them.

If the figure needs parts making especially that will prob raise the price.

My advice would be look through the customiser threads for customisers you like and send them a PM with what you would like making if they want to do it they will prob then give you a price and then you can choose.

I am not saying there is a definitive price for mates but thought maybe there is a small range. For mighty muggs I am used to seeing $40 all the way up to $100. I consider $40-$50 reasonable for a custom mugg. Obviously with more time spent and what not, your going to pay more for something extra special.

I just haven ot seen anywhere around here people mentioning prices for customs. just didnt want to get sticker shock if I pm'd someone and saw something I feel is too high, and didnt want to offend anyone either.

Not to take it off topic to much but I would say the higher price for custom Mighty Muggs is that Mighty Muggs kinda fall into the designer toy collector stuff. Where I would think Minimates don't, well not in the eyes of the many factions of geekdom anyway.

Having customized both, I can say that even though blank Mighty Muggs are available, they are much more time consuming to customize than minimates.

As far as prices go, I charge $30-$35 per minimate custom now, but that just changed this year. For the last two years I was charging $20-25, and before that it was $15. I hope that helps!

I could never get my head around Muggs but each to their own. It would be unfair to pick out anyone in particular for their Minimate custom accomplishments but I have a few bits from some varied customisers which I treasure . I genuinely revere many of the stalwart customisers here & it came home to me during SDCC when one of those stalwarts commented that he had one of mine .....Zorro . Those of you that know my skills ...they're infamous :rolleyes: but let me also say I was absolutely delighted .

I take the piss constantly but this sums you lot up ....

Average price? Priceless.

I have never done commisions, but have sold some customs on ebay. They have sold anywhere from $8.00 to $50.00 per minimate. It all depends on the minimate and how bad someone wants to see them as a minimate (not to mention how good the custom looks). I always thought that Luke would charge more for a commisioned minimate. $35 seems like a steal to me. I may just have to hit him up for a custom sometime down the line.

I charge in the $20 to $25 range, or $15 if parts are supplied or the customs kinda easy (but nobody asks for those)

I've seen one of mine go for $40 through charitymates, but that's not all for the custom. I've really gotta participate in that again.

Edited by Shamrock