UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baymini_zps5d7a1c1b.jpg

I realized we have all the parts to make a kind of okay Baymax as a pretty simple quick custom

(yeah, his eyes are bad, but he’s getting torn apart since I’m not giving up my Logo ghost for Baymax. I’ll remake him once I can snatch up one of those extra Blobs that’s bound to be floating around from everyone ordering cases of Wave 60 and remake him then even if that would involve paint)

This was the one minimate I wanted above all, so I had to make my own.

FFShe1.jpg

The hair piece is surprisingly accurate but the body of the hair is pushed more to the back.

FFShe2.jpg

You can compare to the references I used

FFSheRef.jpg

RECIPE: "Force Field" Invisible Woman Wave 48 Body, Hands, Feet + She-Hulk Wave 16 Head, Arms (stripped and repainted) , Legs (stripped and repainted) + Sue Storm TRU Wave 8 Hair (stripped and repainted)

Fantastic She-Hulk!

20141124_171423.jpg

My latest, based on X-Men 4 - 7 wherein the team faces Matsu'o Tsurayaba, Omega Red, and Fenris. Sabertooth shows up, looking dapper, with Birdy in tow, and eventually, the blue team joins up with Maverick to kick some butt. No plans for Fenris yet...

Edited by Mnemosis

Thanks man, that was definitely the impetus for the whole project (and what I referenced a few posts back, though I changed up the intended recipe)

Colossus chest

Boomer shoulder pads

Movie Iron Man helmet

Ares boots (I think)

Dark Avengers Captain Marvel bracers (I think)

Forget who the legs came from

The guy packed with Quazimodo's arms

Web gear from a GI Joe Flint (carved up and glued together)

Hair from I don't recall where; that sort of flat top/"bro" hair piece

Paint

Xacto

The biggest issue was Boomer's collar/Iron Man's helmet. I didn't want to cut down either, so I shaved an eighth of an inch or so off the shoulders of the figure, essentially elongating his neck. A little more might not have hurt, as the head is very loosely attached currently. Maybe a waist riser could offset the loss of stature. Had to cut off the top of the helmet (leaving the diamond/triangle bit in tact) and cut out the mouth. I filled the gaps between the helmet and hair with some putty, which I then painted. I cut the web gear to get both bandolier bits together, hanging over the shoulder pad. I had to use direct heat to soften them, cool them bent at an angle, then glue. I used the rest of the web gear to form the belt and straps. Then, paint paint paint. I wish it looked a little smoother, but overall, I'm very pleased with the end result.

20141124_002145.jpg20141124_002326.jpg

That might be Punisher War Zone Frank's head

Now I'm just waiting on two impending box sets to make Callisto and Lila Cheney, to go with my bodyguard Guido. Considering a Stevie Hunter, but she's kind of bland. Pair these up with wave 60 and I'll have some seriously killer 90s X-Mates

Edited by Mnemosis

Here are a few I whipped together recently. The first is a Kronan stone man mashed together with a tomb raider storm guard to make and armored Kronan. The second is a jet pack cap I put together using the wings of an airplane pen. The last one is Orson Randall made using parts from Shadowland Iron Fist, movie Cap, and movie Wolverine legs.

post-9725-0-11068700-1417101215_thumb.jp

post-9725-0-07533500-1417101240_thumb.jp