UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally picked up the TRU 8 Thing and a second TRU 15 Transforming Thing to have both Thing and Ben Grimm. I felt like the oolder thing was showing its age(can't believe it came it out in 2010) with the old style chest busters so used the left over pieces from the Ben grimm figure to make it look a bit like modern mates.

post-2039-0-73019000-1418258920_thumb.jp

Edited by JoeyCrypts

Finally picked up the TRU 8 Thing and a second TRU 15 Transforming Thing to have both Thing and Ben Grimm. I felt like the oolder thing was showing its age(can't believe it came it out in 2010) with the old style chest busters so used the left over pieces from the Ben grimm figure to make it look a bit like modern mates.

I like the long tights look for Thing and did the same thing but with the Wave 37 version. Just need to find bulked up thigh covers that match, or paint.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man! Green stuff molded over some wire mesh thing I found at Michael's. It worked out to get pretty much the exact shape I wanted, though it did present difficulties in generating a smooth finish. Thanks to the board members who suggested petroleum jelly to help smooth the Green stuff.

JUST noticed I missed the vertical yellow line under the chin...

Just fixed it. Will repost when my next custom is done.

I will ALWAYS argue in favor of greater diversification of capes. The C3 Batman that came with a fully-draped-over-the-torso-cape is EXACTLY where I think Minimates need to go. Maestro's cape is another great, more recent, example. I understand why more companies don't do it - though kudos to DC for giving it a shot in the animated line - but I feel like if ANYONE should be making unique cape pieces, it's Diamond. Basically, look back at some of the McFarlane Spawns. Those figures were trapped in their capes forever, but it didn't matter, because they looked great. Minimates have the chance to pop out and even swap capes - if not with a second pack in, then with a previous release, perhaps.

Are you with me, Multiverse?

Just fixed it. Will repost when my next custom is done.

I will ALWAYS argue in favor of greater diversification of capes. The C3 Batman that came with a fully-draped-over-the-torso-cape is EXACTLY where I think Minimates need to go. Maestro's cape is another great, more recent, example. I understand why more companies don't do it - though kudos to DC for giving it a shot in the animated line - but I feel like if ANYONE should be making unique cape pieces, it's Diamond. Basically, look back at some of the McFarlane Spawns. Those figures were trapped in their capes forever, but it didn't matter, because they looked great. Minimates have the chance to pop out and even swap capes - if not with a second pack in, then with a previous release, perhaps.

Are you with me, Multiverse?

I love fun capes. I wish we could see more like Phoenix Emma's, which doubled as a stand.