UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are your Marvel troop building habits?

groundhog7s

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the people reading this thread are the ones you need to convince of that. I don't know what it would take to convince Chuck and DST of that, but it shouldhappen. I wonder if AFX could be convinced to do a troop builder 4 pack?

For a 4-pack, are you talking 4 of the same troop builder? I think I might be tempted by a mixed pack (Hydra/AIM/Skrull/Kree), but otherwise would prefer to see these on the shelves at TRU than order them on-line (the Cap/AIM figures were great for a quick-fix when nothing else new was on the pegs!).

I think we've gotten to the point where there could be a case of TRU troop builder 2 packs, 4 packs each of:

Kree/Skrull

AIM/Hydra

Sentinel/Multiple Man

And if a case of these doesn't sound appealing to the TRU buyers, cut the numbers to 2 packs each, and mix in 3 packs of whatever the major characters are from the current waves. (I'd buy another first appearance Wolverine if you pack it with Wendigo, and if they packed an updated brown Wolverine with Vindicator, they'd have another winner).

Later, of course, the Moloid, Brood, Shield Agents, and Doombots (both types) could be worked into the mix.

Um... what was the topic again?

The thing is that AFX got hideously burnt on the Elven Warriors 2-pack for Lord of the Rings.

They should have done an Elf with an Orc, instant playability in one set, and with the option of buying more if you want to army build.

A.I.M.- 7, still need the variant.

S.H.I.E.L.D.- 1 so far, need to get the variant.

Kree- 5, still need the variant to bring me to 6.

Skrulls- 5, want a few more.

Multiple Man- 1 so far, ironically I have the Classic Angel pack and not the non-variant set yet.

Sentinels- 2.

Hydra- 1, want a lot more.

Vault- 1, need the variant.

Hellfire- None yet, they were all bought up at my LCS.

Yeah, DST's making some cash from me on these Army Builders. I would like to see some sort of army builder supplement set so I don't end up with 100 'mates just for the army builders one day.

I collect either 6 or 5 of the regular Marvel wave army builders, here is my breakdown:

AIM Soldier-6

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent-5

Skrull-6

Hydra Agent-6

Vault Guard-6

Multiple Man-5

Kree Soldier-6

Sentinel-6

Hellfire Club Guard-5

I am thinking of keeping my Marvel moviemate troop builders down to only 2 or 3 though (like my LOTR and Terminater troop builders) or else I will run out of room.

AIM: 5

SHIELD: 3

SKRULL: 5

HYDRA: 5

VAULT GUARD: 5

MULTIPLE MAN: 4

KREE SOLDIER: 5

SENTINEL: 5

HELLFIRE GOON: 5

HAMMER DRONE: 2

TACTICAL ASSAULT DRONE: 5

AIR ASSAULT DRONE: 5

GROUND ASSAULT DRONE: 5

SEA ASSAULT DRONE : 5

I basically try to get 5 of evry army builder, nice round odd number plus 1 can be the squad leader or something.

I generally order a single full set of 8 (with variant), netting me 2 army builders. Then I'll add around 3 more single packs of the army builders, unless I find a great online deal, in which case I'll buy more. :)

SKRULL: 5

AIM: 8 (used one for a custom tho)

HYDRA: 5

VAULT GUARD: 2

MULTIPLE MAN: 3

KREE SOLDIER: 4

SENTINEL: 7

HELLFIRE GOON: 7 (used one for a custom)

Now I'm looking forward to the possibility of 616 SHIELD agents, Hand ninjas and Mandroids.

Now I'm looking forward to the possibility of 616 SHIELD agents,

I read that wrong and thought you had some serious OCD problems with SHIELD agents.

So what's is the best number to have of each for those of you that can display the troops?

Bwaha! Yeah I totally didn't see that it was possible to read it that way. That would be a SERIOUS army!

I usually want 5 of an army builder, for that perfect balance of troop numbers vs. killing my wallet.

General I scower eBay for as many of these as possible. At the time of writting I have around three to five of each, though I know I have some more on the way. Only down side is the amount I end up spending to win the auctions... :S

I got 6 vault gaurds

4 kree soldiers

4 AIM agents.

all the other army builders i got 2 of. Working on getting more Sentinels though.

Edited by rx78jj

Great picture ! I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your Angel army as well :rolleyes:

Thanks!

I'm going to try turning them into custom SHIELD agents with help from Luke's decals.

Wait a minute... If you have 13 Sentinels, then why do you have 23 Phoenix bases?! :blink:

Someone wanted a bunch of 'classic' Sentinels and sold all the Rachel/Phoenix Base/Flight Stands/extra Sentinel parts on eBay.

I wanted to start trying to customize, so I bought them to use the Rachels as guinea pigs and for the extra flight stands.

Hey youbastards, if I may ask, where did you get those clear plastic stands for your mates?

Those stands are clear Lego dish pieces I pick up on Bricklink. I've got one for all of my 'Mates! They stand up really well and don't take up a lot of surface area, so you can pretty much position them where ever you want. They work great with C3 feet, but you have to use poster tack for non-C3 feet. They are curved, not flat, which is my only real complaint. To my knowledge, Lego doesn't make a clear, circular, flat piece with a single peg on it.

Edited by youbastards

If Diamond would just do the right thing and pack army builder together I'd probably have 10 or 12 of each. As it stands I have 7 AIM agents and just 2 of everyone else, except the Sentinel which I sold off both of. It was hard enough getting rid of the extra 6 Bucky Caps. I don't want to have to do the same every time I want to build an army. PACK THEM TOGETHER AND YOU WILL MAKE UNTOLD RICHES.