UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone else hate the lack of Goblin Gliders?

BudPalmer

I'm still in the process of making my own but a buddy found some Green Goblin figurines that are a pretty good source for gliders. They were selling them at 5 Below. I just removed all but one foot of the Goblin off of the glider and then trimmed the remaining foot to the right size. Pretty easy. Let me know what you think!

post-3529-1268230930_thumb.jpg

post-3529-1268231108_thumb.jpg

post-3529-1268231146_thumb.jpg

Edited by BudPalmer

What was the brand name on the package?

PGM Playgroung Maniacs.

From what I can tell, they sell them a couple of ways.

1) In a bag with 4 other figurines (Silver Surfer, Wolverine, Sue Storm, & Spider-Man)

2) Individually in a bag with a whole bunch of stickers.

I saw both of them offered at Five Below stores. I found them online but they seemed to sell single random packs of the ones with the stickers.

Look at me being all helpful and junk!

Edited by BudPalmer

I'm still in the process of making my own but a buddy found some Green Goblin figurines that are a pretty good source for gliders. They were selling them at 5 Below. I just removed all but one foot of the Goblin off of the glider and then trimmed the remaining foot to the right size. Pretty easy. Let me know what you think!

Hey Bud,

Nice idea, although It would be nicer if in future you could keep the image size smaller that's 10mb of images for 3 photo's and not very friendly for our members with slow connections.

T.

Personally, I like the one that comes with the Mega Bloks set because it has the little peg on the bootom that you can attach to the clear rod it comes with. Still, will likely check out 5-Below for this, so can see the difference for myself.

Great find!

Menace in Series 33 is coming with a minimate style Goblin glider. Perhaps a future Green Goblin release will include one, if AA worked out the kinks in the contract.

I thought that was more of a skateboard style like the Spider-Man 3 New Goblin.

Oh and sorry about the size of the pictures. I'll get better as I go, I promise!

Edited by BudPalmer

Nice find Bud. Does anyone know how well the Marvel Superhero Squad glider fits in with the Minimates?

Nice find Bud. Does anyone know how well the Marvel Superhero Squad glider fits in with the Minimates?

I've seen at least one sell on eBay with a super hero squad gliders on it. It looked pretty good too (fitting simple design for minimates).

I saw both of them offered at Five Below stores.

Is that like a Big Lots type store?

I thought that was more of a skateboard style like the Spider-Man 3 New Goblin.

It looks like a cross between a standard bat-headed glider and the New Goblin one. There's definitely a bat-head in the center of it, but the wings don't look "right".

I think the fact that it's even included is encouraging. For most of the lines' existence the licensing restriction have prevented a glider of any kind being included in the 616 Marvel line, even as late as the Super Villains set last year. So even this wonky hybrid of a glider is very welcome.

Course the one you've found looks very promising too. (the little Mega Bloks one looked perfect, but never found it)

i know theres one in the Spider-Man Street Series set... I just bought it on the ol' ebay :biggrin:

btw... mega bloks owners... is there any obvious way of modifying the glider to fit onto the minimate flight stands?

I find it odd that Menace can include her glider, yet Hobs and Greens Goblin can not. Is it because of their gliders being bigger? The gliders are an important part of their characters. Just like Professor X has his wheelchair (and hoping at some point a hoverchair in minimate form).

I find it odd that Menace can include her glider, yet Hobs and Greens Goblin can not. Is it because of their gliders being bigger? The gliders are an important part of their characters. Just like Professor X has his wheelchair (and hoping at some point a hoverchair in minimate form).

There was a quote from Chuck (or it might have been Matt) last year at one of the shows that a goblin glider was not as impossible as it once was. I took that to mean they finally had permission to include one in the 616 line under the same clause as wheelchairs and surfboards, and I guess Menace their first oppertunity. Could be wrong though. Hard to tell with my wife out of the house.