UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Elite Heroes

Danny

The best thing to come out of Toy Fair for me was the Elite Heroes line. Firefighters with a chopper! A SWAT team with a van! We've been asking for this kind of thing for years. They fit right in with the other superhero Minimates as civilians and first response teams. Scorpion causing trouble that the SWAT team can't handle? Here's Spidey to the rescue! That kind of thing.

From he pictures, the sets look modular, like the vehicle would come with 1 figure and then the other figures/accessories are separate. To me that is a great idea as it will allow people to build their collections, as well as giving the possibility of more figures of the same type later on. As we've been saying for so long, LEGO started with this kind of thing and it's great that DST may finally be trying it out.

So, a SWAT team and some firefighters. What else do you think would fit into the Elite Heroes line? What would you like to see?

It would be cool to see the line go in as many directions as Lego has – underwater adventures, an outer space theme, hi-tech spies, ninjas... I would love some kind of knights/medieval theme.

For the record, I am all over those pirates! I know they're too "partsy" for some, but I really like the level of detail and accessories they offer while still staying in the overall Minimates heuristic.

Edited by Lobsterman

I would love to see uniform patrol cops with along with a standard patrol car and motorcycle. Maybe a police helicopter. EMS with Ambulance would be cool. A fire truck. Some diving stuff (it looks like we'll get some scuba gear in the Black Lagoon set). I would like to one day see playsets- police station, firehouse, courthouse steps, bank front, that sort of thing. I think it would be pretty hilarious to get a reporter, camera man, and news van. Maybe some military themed sets like Army and Navy.

Of course, if we have all of these first responders, we'd need some bad guys. I'd like a bank robbers set with getaway car.

Oh yeah, knights, space- like Lobsterman said, in as many directions as Lego.

Edited by Turtle

How's about a prison playset with guards and convicts. You know we'd all end up making a custom prison for our Marvel villain minimates. You could buy several sets (which would be sectional) and stack em to make a sweet looking "big house".

Edited by MINI_MYTE

When you really think about it, the vehicles being modular does make some pretty excellent sense. You can swap Minimate parts around after all, so why not do the same with vehicles and create your own Pirate SWAT Copter hybrid? :D

As for other vehicles I'd probably like seeing besides the already-mentioned ones:

a submersible of some sort

a helicarrier (come on! Don't let Superhero Squad corner that market!)

a dune buggy or ATV or whatever the hit bad-ass four-wheel status symbol is nowadays

at least one smeggin' MOTORBIKE (to hush the Ghost Rider fans once and for all)

tanks? Humvee analogues?

Assuming for a moment that DST will try to tie these in with the earlier-solicited Lab playset with the random army guy and Battle Beast gator, maybe we can see some mad scientist-type equipment too? Like a giant mobile laser beam or something?

Of course, if we have all of these first responders, we'd need some bad guys. I'd like a bank robbers set with getaway car.

YES! Generic thugs, with a champagne 70's 4 door sedan! Or maybe scratched up work van.

It would be cool to see the line go in as many directions as Lego has – underwater adventures, an outer space theme, hi-tech spies, ninjas... I would love some kind of knights/medieval theme.

I pretty much second everything Lobsterman said. As it stands I'm more interested in fantasy based characters than police men etc., so if I can add some Knights, Ninjas and Samurais to my collection, I'm all for it.

For the record, I am all over those pirates! I know they're too "partsy" for some, but I really like the level of detail and accessories they offer while still staying in the overall Minimates heuristic.

Again, I agree. One thing I loved the most about the Street Fighter waves was the additional accessories they offered. Granted we've not seen the Hadouken blasts used again since Hydroman, but one can hope. If they can add any of the accessories to the main line then I think everyone can benefit. It's the constant evolution from new licences and waves (i.e. C3 feet) that I love the most about Minimates.

Obviously one of the reasons we are getting vehicles is because they can simply repaint them (or add battle damage) and get twice as much use out of the molds (as they have done with the first vehicle wave announced).

So, what do you think the SWAT van and the chopper would be repurposed as? SWAT van into Police wagon? The fire chopper becomes an air ambulance perhaps?

On a similar note have you guys seen this stuff yet?I have seen this at Target several times but I have not seen fit to buy it although now it, and other items in the series, may be a good companion pieces to the new Elite Heroes stuff coming out later this year. Edited by minimadman

maybe they should make one generic minimate base that you can customise to be a firestation, swat HQ, army base,ect

oh yeah and it should have a garge and helipad to put your vehicles in/on :lol:

I'm pretty excited for these as well. Not necessarily for what they are, but the extra parts and what they could bring. I think (providing that these do well) that we'll surely see reuse of these in a military theme (there's a plethora of existing MM parts for soldiers and such). Pirates has me most excited as it reflects their interest to expand beyond into more legendary, fantasy archetypes. Things I'd love to see:

Knights theme. Another timeless classic that would provide great parts for customization.

Cowboys/Indians/Calvary. See above. Another mainstay that would allow us to expand on our "Dollars Trilogy" 'mates. Plus, that one pirate in the proto.s (with the mohawk piece) has a bit of a native look about him.

Ninjas/Samurai. Always a popular theme for children of all ages. Hopefully Luke's kits have inspired DST (and I still believe that we'll see a proper Hand ninja in the Marvel line if the army-builders continue).

Something along the lines of Roman Gladiators or Greeks would be amazing (and there have been a few movies and t.v. series to support this theme. Spartacus:Blood and Sand, Gladiator, Troy, Rome, etc. Besides, we never got an official "300" line so reusing Ares' helmet and some nice new parts might help to make customs happen. There's also the new "Clash of the Titans" and "Percy Jackson" films to fuel interest in these legendary themes. I see a gladiator helm every time that I look at those firefighter helmets!

I want some everyday citizens. Like, not even people with specialized jobs like a Doctor or Lawyer or anything. I want EVERYDAY people, or else there's nobody for my Spiderman minimates to protect from Carnage going crazy.

Start buying up Battlestar,24, star trek, silence of the lambs, wolverine origins, and civilian Ghostbusters Minimates and swapping parts.