UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Let's discuss the mini-Minimates

If we ever got Horror-Mates (which we should), they could use these for an entire wave, at least--Chucky/Leprechaun, Ghoulie/Gremlin, and Troll 2/the Brood 2-packs. Variant would be Leprechaun from the Hood, of course.

Now THAT is a great idea! Hell, I would even make some of the puppets from Puppet Master, even though they would be a little too large.

These have recently been released & I knew that these were on their way to me. I thought I'd shut up until they arrived.

post-638-1266679805_thumb.jpg post-638-1266679867_thumb.jpg

These guys are known as 'Rookies' & depict the obvious . I've included a regular size kubrick (Tokyo tribe guy in green) for comparison .....he appears to be levitating in the shot of the 'Scoreboard' display case which is included in this set. They are perfectly scaled down 'regular size kubrick' in every way.

Again, I am concerned about the joints.

There won't be any problem with the knee & elbows joints on these ....they have none. Kubricks are more robust ,in general, than Minimates because they are less articulate !

I know of one series of Minimates,other than GB, that have already dispensed with 2, for sure, & arguably 4 areas of articulation with some of the figures, I have yet to see this discussed ?

Razor Cylons have no separate feet or hands .

Let me rephrase myself:

Again, I am concerned about the mini-minimates' joints.

Like I said before, I wouldn't mind if the little guys dispensed with the wrists and ankles. The knees and elbows and other major joints are the real concern when downscaling 'mates.

And we're not talking about concessions because of weird sculpting, we're talking about retaining as much of the basic Minimate design as possible. Just imagine if you tried to shrink an ordinary vanilla mate down: what parts would you be most concerned about?

Were you perhaps suggesting simply fusing the hands/arms and legs/feet into one seamless piece like on the movie Iron Man legs, BHM?

Oh my, another mild semantics goof-up.

Edited by NorthRaider