UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate comic by minijeff productions

minijeff

so here is a project I am working on for my art class this year...in the footsteps of winkerbean and murder of crows I am doing a full on comic book minimate style!

here is the cover for it

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4550...mp;id=549558572

I am laying it all out with the intent of printing it not just being a web comic

Jeff of the Miniacs

Edited by minijeff

thanks guys....this idea actually started a couple years ago for a new stop motion movie but then it got bigger and bigger and I moved it to the comic idea....now that I am taking a digital imagery class it is moving along like crazy since I can use it for grades in the class. the ideas are still flowing, especially since I have picked up a few good heads to bounce ideas of off! I am re posting the cover here for those leery of the facebook link...also here is page one with out text...click the pic for a bigger version

cover:

th_frontcover.jpg

Page 1:

th_Page01.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

Haha of course Deadpool makes an appearance. Overexposed son-of-a-.....hehe, whoops. :sweat:

Nice job on the graphics. If i could make a critique, perhaps a different color other than blue for the cover?? Or at least a sky blue?? It's REALLY stand-outish against Norman. :confused:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Haha of course Deadpool makes an appearance. Overexposed son-of-a-.....hehe, whoops. :sweat:

Nice job on the graphics. If i could make a critique, perhaps a different color other than blue for the cover?? Or at least a sky blue?? It's REALLY stand-outish against Norman. :confused:

Thanks for the input...honestly I am having issues with that blue as well...it just doesnt fit I think...any suggestions?

Looks good Jeff. You are a true Minimate fan. IMO the biggest in Canada :)

Thanks man! I do try.....and being out in the middle-ish of rural Canada can make getting this status all the sweeter!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

please tell me my casual deadpool makes an appearance like you said!

lol seeing how I got him from you with the sole purpose of him appearing in here he better show up! ;)

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here is the cover with the new background colour, what do we think of it?

click for larger image -

th_frontcoverB.jpg

work on page 2 is moving along nicely and photo/background gathering is taking great strides so I will be laying down more pages as fast as my time allows lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

Ok not to double/triple post my own thread but while I was working on page 2 stuff the cover kept haunting me that something still wasnt quite right so here is another version of it with a different background...thoughts?

click to enlarge -

th_frontcoverC.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

That new cover is the best so far, the colors blend in very well. Pretty nice! A question on the first page: why has the pic of Deadpool running this little odd perspective? Is it intended? Looking at his left arm, he seems to be huge. Anyway, looks cool and it's cool that you can actually do something like that in your class. ;)

That new cover is the best so far, the colors blend in very well. Pretty nice! A question on the first page: why has the pic of Deadpool running this little odd perspective? Is it intended? Looking at his left arm, he seems to be huge. Anyway, looks cool and it's cool that you can actually do something like that in your class. ;)

Bob, thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think, I really appreciate it! I am not sure I totally understand what your getting at as far as the issue with the Deadpool image...I am trying to see it but I am not, which just might be because I have stared at it while working on it for so long that things no longer jump out at me

Jeff of the Miniacs

Bob, thanks for taking the time to let me know what you think, I really appreciate it! I am not sure I totally understand what your getting at as far as the issue with the Deadpool image...I am trying to see it but I am not, which just might be because I have stared at it while working on it for so long that things no longer jump out at me

Jeff of the Miniacs

It might alos be, because it's actually hard to say what I want to say, since I'm lacking of a few words here. Well, I think you did something to his picture, right? For me it looks like - and here I'm missing a proper expression - you've shrunk the image in in it's height, but not it's width. Do you know what I mean? Something like the opposite of "to strech"? DP looks a little wider than he should. Therefore his left arm and also a little bit his left leg looks too small compared to the rest of his body. In my eyes. Comparing the two arms the perspective makes his chest piece appear to be huge. Do you know what I'm trying to say? Maybe it's just me - obviously it's just me - but when I looked at the pic I felt there's something strange and I think it's that. If you didn't do anything to the pic, I'm trying to get an appointment at my optician. :P

Jeff of the Miniacs

It might alos be, because it's actually hard to say what I want to say, since I'm lacking of a few words here. Well, I think you did something to his picture, right? For me it looks like - and here I'm missing a proper expression - you've shrunk the image in in it's height, but not it's width. Do you know what I mean? Something like the opposite of "to strech"? DP looks a little wider than he should. Therefore his left arm and also a little bit his left leg looks too small compared to the rest of his body. In my eyes. Comparing the two arms the perspective makes his chest piece appear to be huge. Do you know what I'm trying to say? Maybe it's just me - obviously it's just me - but when I looked at the pic I felt there's something strange and I think it's that. If you didn't do anything to the pic, I'm trying to get an appointment at my optician. :P

Bob,

thanks for the clarification...yes I did indeed shrink height but looking at it I can see that I did not finish the scale change and forgot to trim the width too...good thing I can go back and fix that up pretty easily lol....thansk for pointing that out!

Jeff

I agree with Bob, DP looks kind of distorted. And I think I like the all orange background better on the cover, the blue at the top makes it look too saturated.

BS

thnaks for the input, seems to be I may have to make a variant cover for this and use both that way lol....I am actually quite fond of both of them so it'll be a hard to pick the one to use in the print version

Jeff of the Miniacs

Glad I could help you out. Now, can anybody tell me if there is an expression for that kind of thing? It's not just shrinking, since that could mean simultaneous in both, height and width, right? Maybe to anti-stretch? :tongue:

I think in photoshop the technical term is scale....it maintains the height and width proportions in synch to each other

Jeff of the Miniacs

First of all that cover is brilliant . One constructive criticism I have is that the titling 'The Shattering' isn't dominant enough on the artwork & could possibly 'get lost' in the repro stage.....perhaps a more analagous colour with the background.

Also have you tried 'shattering' the word 'Dark Reign' .....continuing the shatter-effect through the title ?

BTW .....WTF would I know :lol:

It's beautiful.