UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Universal Monsters Minimates

I just got the black and white Wolfman and Creature. My wolfman is fine but I can't move the legs on my creature.

Both Look AWESOME!!! BUt I woudl like to straighten the legs on my creature to have him stand more upright than leaning forward.

Since I am broke, I could only afford one package because I had to get my Namor/Atlantean Soldier and I had to get the Glow-in-the-dark Creature that came with the transforming Wolfman.

I am happy with the looks just don't want to break my b&w Creature.

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the black and white Wolfman and Creature. My wolfman is fine but I can't move the legs on my creature.

Both Look AWESOME!!! BUt I woudl like to straighten the legs on my creature to have him stand more upright than leaning forward.

Since I am broke, I could only afford one package because I had to get my Namor/Atlantean Soldier and I had to get the Glow-in-the-dark Creature that came with the transforming Wolfman.

Try submerging the mate in boiling water for a minute and then give it a go of moving the legs. Worked for mine.

Here are some pics of the Gwen Conliffe minimate. Notice how the leg flesh color is a different shade than the rest of her skin.

th_gwenfront.jpgth_gwenback.jpg

Here's another example of the poor quality of these minimates. A buddy of mine picked up the 4-pack of the Wolfman and this is what he found embeded in his Gwen's head. A ton of imprurities!

th_head1.jpgth_head2.jpg

th_head3.jpgth_head4.jpg

I've been collecting minimates since the debut of the 2" format and have had my fair share of plastic pieces containing the odd impurity, but I've never seen the likes of this. Yikes! This is a nasty case of quality control neglect.

Yikes, I've never seen that on a Minimate either.

I wonder, are the date codes on the Minimates in the 4-Pack the same as the TRU two-packs? (100709KK) Maybe these were made by a different factory?

The number on Gwen's crotch piece is 100806KK. What does this number indicate?

Yikes, I've never seen that on a Minimate either.

I wonder, are the date codes on the Minimates in the 4-Pack the same as the TRU two-packs? (100709KK) Maybe these were made by a different factory?

The number on Gwen's crotch piece is 100806KK. What does this number indicate?

The best I've been able to figure is that it the digits represent the date of manufacture and the characters represent the factory. The date format seems to folllow YYMMDD. So 100806KK would mean that Gwen was made on August 6, 2010 in factory 'KK'.

Since they've been stamping these on Minimates, they've all ended with 'KK', except for one. The Spidey Friends and Foes figs had 100106HY. So I had assumed they were made in a different factory.

Dunno for sure, those are just my deductions.

...Maybe i'm weird but they just look like stockings to me...it was, what, the 40s?? Wasn't the sotckings-with-everything sort of "the look" for women and dresses back then?? I still haven't seen the movie, but i feel like based off her Minimate's outfit that she'd be wearing stockings...

Again, maybe i'm just weird.

I've been collecting minimates since the debut of the 2" format and have had my fair share of plastic pieces containing the odd impurity, but I've never seen the likes of this. Yikes! This is a nasty case of quality control neglect.

Lets hope this is not the beginning of a trend. Although . . . this is the 3rd such recent incident.

Red on Tonys face; Spiderman F&F's set . . . perhaps DST needs to fire their QC officer.

Are we seeing a lot of faces like this? or is this a one off?

Edited by Nessex

I was planning to just get the TRU packs but now it seems lame that there are no damsels in distress for all my UM's :( . But I just didn't want to have to pay shipping to get the other sets so I will just be satisfied that I have a TRU close to get the other sets. And I guess ultimately the damsels from these sets aren't that impressive anyway.

This is also where the end of my completistness begins. I have been a completist for everything released since I started collecting minimates but this is where the beginning of the end of that is, since I will just get the TRU versions of the UMs and also will only be getting limited M.A.X. stuff.

Edited by gambitron

...Maybe i'm weird but they just look like stockings to me...it was, what, the 40s?? Wasn't the sotckings-with-everything sort of "the look" for women and dresses back then?? I still haven't seen the movie, but i feel like based off her Minimate's outfit that she'd be wearing stockings...

Again, maybe i'm just weird.

I agree, those look like stockings. Women didn't go bare-legged like that. Looks good to me. That head is bad, though...

I had to break down and get the last two of the two packs for the Creature and Wolfman last night. I admit I open them and display them but I had to have the colored werewolf for Halloween.

I got legs on my b&w Creature to bend without breaking them. (I dropped him and then his legs moved. I am hoping that when the Mummy and Frankenstein Monster come out that we get b&w versions of them as well. I can't wait.

Have a great day.

(about the female from the four pack of Wolfman figures. Yes she is wearing hose and the legs are made to resemble them. Women on film for sure at that time wore hose and so they showed that on the figure.)

Try submerging the mate in boiling water for a minute and then give it a go of moving the legs. Worked for mine.

If you put it in boiling water,will that fix the dry paint problem?And if so how long do you put it in the water for?

If you look at the Dracula and Frankenstein tag, you'll see it says AUGUST 2011 instead of October.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. :)

And yea, looking at the prototype Gwen, she too is discolored in the legs. And she was hand-painted. They're stockings. The head on the other hand, well i already commented on Dr. Reed's skintone from the TRU release earlier so no point in rehashing. Yes, they ALL have awful plastic tints.

If you put it in boiling water,will that fix the dry paint problem?And if so how long do you put it in the water for?

The answer is there. Can you find it?

The answer is there. Can you find it?

Oh ok sorry about that,Im slow sometimes

CFTBL sets arrived today at comic book shops. This set looks to have a little more promise than the WM set in the quality department. The Kay Lawrence minimate is just stellar! No chunks of plastic sticking off of her (or any body else's) body parts. No shoddy mold imperfections or visible embedded impurities sticking out of the plastic. All the gillman feet are just as loose fitting as the TRU releases. No additional accessories other than Dr. Reed's scuba tank, mask and spear gun. I will post pics of Kay tomorrow evening if no one beats me to it first.