UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dr.Baghead's junk and stuff

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably reached somewhere on my "Top Customizers" list!

- Your MKI Iron Man (movie armor) is great, the rust is excellent work.

- (Just wanna say I could've bought that Hot Toys "gunmetal-primer" Iron Man at Hong Kong's Comic-con)

- Those Stealth Iron Man castings are great!

- Yellow, Red and Blue are pretty cool.

- Love your Tony Starks.

- Hulk looks funny in a good way!

- Awesome Silver Surfer flight stand!

- "OvercompenSladed" is cool! (At first I thought "How the heck does it stand!?", then I saw the Lego base.

- Barry Flash is cool-- to get him more accurate, you could repaint the lightning on his waist, like the comics one is.

So in short: I love your customs!

I am deeply impressed! I especailly like how you might raise the demand for Stealth Batman's mask in the want/have thread because of that amazing Batmonger you did! :P And your Arkham Joker is a brilliant idea! And I really like the paint job on that Scarecrow!!

Oh wait, this is TITAN not the Titans...

asylumbossivy.jpg

"Batman:Arkham Asylum" boss form Poison Ivy... yeah, I know she should be inside a cage inside the mouth of one of those things (and have an ugly red shirt on) but I like this better... so there.

...I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. Quite frankly, I'm still not... :wub:

could the photo have something to do with how in ultimates 3 captain america dresses up as the blackpanther, and um that tony is drinking(gluk?) because of the sex tape that was posted?

I'll give you half-credit, since when I took the picture I realized "this is going to look like an Ultimates 3 Captain America" but it's actually refrencing this:

whiteblackpanther2.jpg

From "Wha....HUH?!" from 2005, the little short comic is about "what if Black Panther was actually white?" the oddest thing about this short story is it looks like it was edited after being finished (and seemingly the book in general might be like this as I heard the "What if DC let us do 'Batman/Daredevil'?" panel was original supposed to be "What if Kevin Smith finished his books on time?") as Iron Man is holding his hand like that in every panel, as if he's chugging from some invisible bottle of booze (the last panel shows him holding a can, so either that was "mistakenly left in" or "cans are okay because it might be soda, but we can't show him chugging from a bottle!")

so anyway... (I still need to figure out how to make "Eco-Friendly Ghost Rider" and should we ever get an offical Werewolf-by-Night or Spider-Hulk I'm pretending they're "Werewolf-by-Day" and "What if Hulk became Spider-man?!" minimates I love "Wha...HUH?!" so much)

new customs?

...I'm sorry, I wasn't listening. Quite frankly, I'm still not... :wub:

maybe this will grab your attention then:

harleyandfriends2.jpg

Joker is Batcave Joker head and hair on DCD Joker Body, Fish I believe comes with Gollum (or Palz Enigma) Harley is DCD Harley with Powergirl's hair with sculpted pig-tails, new face decal is based on Dean Yeagle's artwork (Dean's never drawn Harley as far as I know, which is a damned shame, but his original character "Mandy" reminds me of her so I basically made a Mandy decal.) Ivy is Polaris' head with President Roslin's hair painted origin, body is all paint. (she's supposed to look like the lady who I don't think is Poison Ivy but reminds me of her on the cover of Frank Cho's "Women" art book, which I almost bought until I found out the inside was all B&W)

Same thing but different:

harleyandfriends1.jpg

Here's where the rest of the Batcave Joker and Polaris ended up! Joker has a decal face with movie Tony Stark hair. Ivy has Champions Black Widow hair and face and Specter's booties. Harley has a new mask based on the one from Hush, I thought her existing mask was too small and her eyes not fun enough. (and yes, this actually a different Harley then the unmasked one not just the same one with her mask on... I have two Harleys)

Hey! Showing Poison Ivy so naked in the first picture is offensive to women!!!

nudeverine.jpg

LADIES! now this post has something for everyone!!!

He has Jim Lee Wolverine's face and MORE hair sharpied on... pixelated to be safe. (and before anyone ask: HUMOR. Nothing is funnier then someone realizing one of the 18 Wolverines on my shelf is nude.... if this Wolverine was supposed to be "sexy" he'd have Hugh Jackman's face now, wouldn't he?)

Have an ICE day! I'll see you TAMALE!!! Oh crap, it's the other part of that joke that's cold related...

icetoseeya.jpg

me have an extra Mk1 lying around?! First attempted Mr.Freeze, decal is based on Ah-nold Mate from the T2 line. Head is a random piece of clear piping glued shut.

edit: I forgot! He has Chef Duff's "icing gun" with the canister it attaches to glued to his back (well Mark 1's front) since it was too appropriate not to use, it says "ICING GUN" on it for jummy's sake!!

Banimated Series!!!

banimated.jpg

Animated style Bane. Has a hole cut in his mask, has Chun-Li bracelets around his hand pegs and neck (works like the choker on Jigsaw and Wonderman) and a spacer in his belt so his longer arms don't look weird.... now I just need to figure out how to make "Luchadore old school animated Bane" and I'm golden.

Honey, I shrunk myself into a 2 inch block style collectable figure...

honeyheshrunkhimself.jpg

Labegon MINUS Egon face/hair/labcoat (basically everything that makes him 'Lab' and 'Egon') PLUS Ghostbuster Luis head EQUALS THIS! I pretend it represents Wayne Szalinski, but you can pretend it's a non-exploded civilian Luis if you want... also, let's say you're worse then Hitler and don't like Rick Moranis, well you can make this instead:

parker.jpg

"Hi I'm an updated Peter Parker!"

Edited by dr baghead

Wow!! Your work is just fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brave and the Bod Aquaman is absolutely spot-on, and i'd kill to have that show Minimate-ized; it practically begs for it. Friggin Mattel needs to see how awesome he looks!!

Oh, and Poison Ivy ismy favorite Bat-villain, so i have to coment about her. :P I thought i loved your Arkham version (bcause i too hate the fucking red coat. It is so unnecessary.), but then i saw your latest and was blown away!! Why?? Because it looks like one of my FAVORITE interpretation's of Ivy, as painted by Alex Ross!!

2nhjq5v.jpg

The design was great, and i love your Minimate version!! Way to go. :)

The orange on Ivy is very jarring. Might I suggest using a clear block piece ala T800 mates?

Clear would be a little more jarring to me since then she'd be invisible from the sides. I try to match the side colors to either hair or capes, or in the case of someone like masked Harley who's hair doesn't go behind her back and doesn't have a cape I try to use a color associated with them. That Ivy with the orange sides used to have the "New X-Men Phoenix hair piece" so her hair used to go behind her, but you're right that now the orange is jarring now that she has shorter hair.

Maybe I'll repaint it green to go with the vines now.

loving the new Bat-Baddies mates. Ivy & Freeze are two of my faves! I'm gonna have to try and recreate your masterpieces.

A+ buddy.

If you're gonna try to make Mr.Freeze maybe you'll like this (or maybe you won't):

http://drbaghead.deviantart.com/art/more-m...faces-151252179

Mr.Freeze face Decal!!!! Also, Classic Joker, and both unmasked Harley and Harley's Mask (I would have included Raven and Beastboy too, but I'm reworking them). Click "Download" to get scaled for printing.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for more customs?! It sure is!... sorry about that.

GET OVER HERE!

GETOVERHERE1.jpg

Venom with Scorpion's tail! Mattalica did this MUCH better but...

GETOVERHERE2.jpg

mine's tail is removable! so that's gotta count for something, right? (wrong)

VarAIN'T

anotherfakeyvariant.jpg

Back-in-Black Spidey+Painted Ultimate Spider-man head= Non-slip cover head symbiote Spidey!

Transformation Venom + tongue head is for fun.

He's no Superman

ImNoSuperman.jpg

Movie Sandman's head + Hannibal Lektor's body + Invader Cap's belt + penny lodged by medical intern in door EQUALS: The Janitor From Scrubs! (I like Scrubs -__-)

He's given serious thought to eating your wife...

anoldfriendfordinner.jpg

One of the Hannibal heads (the one from the body Janitor stole?) with a dry brushing of grey in the hair to show age + a repainted Tony Stark in a suit Equals: Hannibal from Hannibal! A Look I far prefer to his Silence of the Lamb outfits.

I was 'Bound' the let you go...

ginigershon.jpg

It's Selina Kyle as if played by Gina Gershon! (I like to mispronounce it as "Gur-shin" though I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "Grr-shawn") I thought the Nina from 24 minimate looked like Gina Gershon and as such she would make a good head for a Catwoman minimate (as Gina was the voice of Catwoman in 'the Batman') it didn't look good at all on a Catwoman body so it became civilian clothes Selina.

That's all.

Edited by dr baghead

Time for more customs?! It sure is!... sorry about that.

I was 'Bound' the let you go...

ginigershon.jpg

It's Selina Kyle as if played by Gina Gershon! (I like to mispronounce it as "Gur-shin" though I'm pretty sure it's pronounced "Grr-shawn") I thought the Nina from 24 minimate looked like Gina Gershon and as such she would make a good head for a Catwoman minimate (as Gina was the voice of Catwoman in 'the Batman') it didn't look good at all on a Catwoman body so it became civilian clothes Selina.

That's all.

Great Stuff my man! I do love the Aquaman/Namor photo :D ...

The other reason I replied...Its not often I get to tell this, but I actually had lunch with GG, and 2 other folks :blink:

And I know there's all this buzz about who should play the next Catwoman, but I like your pick Dr. Baghead. I think she'd do a great job in the part. (aside from Meggan Fox, who'd just look good in the outfit, but can't act her way out of a paper bag)

Custom looks awsome too.

After checking out your customs for days (possibly weeks now!), I've only just noticed the green eyes on your Venom custom! They look awesome. . . really makes him stand out.

Great work.

Edited by Nessex

• 3 weeks later...

I couple more odds and ends:

You wouldn't like him when he's Ang Lee

OBJECTION.jpg

Movie Bruce Banner puts on a lab coat and gets to hang with the comic Defenders. Lawyering She-Hulk is made up of: BSG President suit, Hulk legs (boots painted on) and hands, Scaar hair, and the SI boxset female skrull face with the skrull lines removed (I made a decal, I tried just scrapping the lines off which was... okay... but I thought a decal would just be cleaner) Her green matches better in person, this is just a bad photo (and I'm okay with that)

I wish this guy had a catchpharse I could use here...

riddleusthis.jpg

Two Riddlers each a like in dignity... well not really. I really wanted a suit Riddler, so Bucky put on Patch's suit and took C3 Riddler's cane and hat and got repainted nice and pretty. C3 Riddler just sat there striped and saddened by this so he got Eddy Brock's hair and non-C3 Magneto feet (didn't feel like painting him purple C3 feet) to become Jim Carrey! Who I think did a fine job playing a campy Riddler, I just wish it existed in better context.

Doctor WHOM?!

tenants.jpg

This is pretty stolen from Buttheadsmate in the Dr.Who Minimate thread, except I used different hair and made a decal for his chest (scanned the back of his coat and used it to texture a Professor X suit template from the minimate factory) and his face (traced from the official character sheet) For hands he gets a Few Dollars More stop watch and a BSG key-thing to be his screwdriver, for feet he stole Marty's shoes (which has to AKWARD! since he's sitting next to Doc and Marty right now on my shelf)

I sure make a lot of 'the Batman' based customs for not liking 'the Batman'

kabukitwins.jpg

Penguin repaint... also two HELLA old customs, the Kabuki Twins from 'the Batman', I liked the idea of the Kabuki Twins (the Penguin needs bodyguards but has to look legit, two pretty masked geishas just make him look like he has a weird asian and mask fetish rather then sinister as two burly men with guns and penguin themed jumpsuits would make him look) I didn't really like them on the show though (were they humans? they seemed too weird to be human but it was never really explained in any episode I saw) I still hope someone brings them to the mainstream comics a la Harley Quinn and makes them into something awesome.

Balloony?! Wha... His name is Collin!

movishbullseye.jpg

Phineas and Ferb references aside, it's my attempt at a movie-ish looking Bulleye. It's not close, but eh, I'm fine with that...

Leggy

witchyblades.jpgpowaaaah.jpg

I'm putting these two together since it's pretty much the same mode: minor repainting with a leg switch to make them completely flesh tone. Also Power Girl has Bucky's boots.

Now this is just stupid...

topheronesale.jpg

Long of the short of it: My favorite parts of Spider-man 3 (a movie, which while crappy, I liked) was when Venom unmasked and Topher Grace was taunting Spider-man. Seeing Eric Foreman's nerdy head sticking out of a giant foam muscle suit just made me giggle, and not in the intentional way so I wanted a minimate to remind me of that, the 'small Venom' behind him is what you get from left over Spider-man and Venom parts. (also, I wish they hadn't wasted Topher as Venom, should have saved him to be Peter when Toby quit guys!)

well I'm done for now... but since no minimate series is complete without Wolverine. Have some Wolveirnes!

wolvoarmy.jpg

Nice batch! The Riddler, Penguin and Hulk-related customs turned out rather well I think. Bullseye is a cool quick custom, could probably use a different belt to better match the one from the movie though.

MUST... HAVE... TENTH DOCTOR MINIMATE! :D Good job on the tampos and the shoes... and I love your idea of using Gaeta's key hand to stand in for the sonic screwdriver!