UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

surely it'll have to include

Final Battle Whiplash

... but who else?

I hope this isn't a spoiler, but what about Crimson Dynamo from the IM2 game? I know he's a stretch as these are technically IM2 Movie Minimates, not IM2 Game Minimates, but from the pictures I've seen of him, the armour looks awesome and would work great as a minimate (they did Iron Monger with no problem).

ironman2_crimsondynamo.jpg

having beat the game i think we should deffinatly get a 2 pack of ultimo and crimson dynamo

Edited by robomate

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone tell me the amounts of each drone?

9 of each

Nah, I'm pretty sure there was only 6 of each. If I remember correctly, when they all come out of the stark expo floor each group only had 6.

Then along the course of the pre-final battle, about 10 were taken out(1 was shot immediately by Stark, 1 was accidentally killed by the Ivan controlled War Machine or one if the other drones, 1 was blasted by stark when it was about to curb stomp the kid, and 4 or 5 were taken out when he goes through the stark industries globe.)

At the time of the final battle, only about 16 were there.

Edited by McDurg

just come back from seeing the movie...again

and when hammer introduces them he intro them as in this order

army - ground assault

navy - air attack, - in the movie it has navy written across the front and they stand and fir rockets at tony

air force - sea assault - as they are the first lot of flyers after tony

marines - tactical

I have a pic with the air assault drone with navy on as well

yes i was wrong there are

of each

I don't want to be a uber nerd but .......(i am)

I have no idea why they were named as such its probably an ask DST question

and as for the scene of tony over the stark Expo

when tony is sourcing the new element that his father found but could not create he leans over the expo and has J.A.R.V.I.S. scan it,

the scene with natasha......i assume its ready for the directors cut DVD

I'm guessing TRU 2 will be rhodes/drone, MKVI/ drone, war machine/mkV, and Whiplash/MKIV but has anyone thought that the SDCC exlusives could be

whiplash final battle, sick tony, battle damaged fb whiplash,shield agent

they could be two packs or some sort of four pack...just a thought.

Can someone put to bed whether the drones in the movie are significantly bigger that Iron Man?

Not like Iron Monger was but they were noticably bigger.

Am I the only one who thought that final battle Whiplash looked like the Iron Monger suit with a different helmet and whips included?

He actually was the Hammer Suit prototype with whips. Which may be why the Hammer Suit never made it in as they didn't want to have Whiplash just be "another guy in the suit" and possibly have him upstaged.

Ivan's suit is slightly different, as it has a long

"skirt".

Is there anyone left here who hasn't seen the movie yet? That way maybe this discussion would get less confusing.

I can't see it until next weekend, but I suppose I don't count since I read the novel a few weeks before it hit the shelves. So, what I'm saying is I don't want any visual spoilers.

Can someone put to bed whether the drones in the movie are significantly bigger that Iron Man?

Not like Iron Monger was but they were noticably bigger.

Am I the only one who thought that final battle Whiplash looked like the Iron Monger suit with a different helmet and whips included?

He actually was the Hammer Suit prototype with whips. Which may be why the Hammer Suit never made it in as they didn't want to have Whiplash just be "another guy in the suit" and possibly have him upstaged.

Ivan's suit is slightly different, as it has a long

"skirt".

Ah true. Though it definately looks kitbashed from Hammer's armor group. Definatly not Monger though. The chestpiece is less broad and the shoulders much smaller on the Whiplash suit. Basically he modified the Hammer Drone to suit his needs.

The minimate, if they ever make it, would look interesting. Although, the final battle left me a little wanting. Whiplash could have used a little more color though.

Edited by rx78jj

The minimate, if they ever make it, would look interesting. Although, the final battle left me a little wanting. Whiplash could have used a little more color though.

I'm honestly surprised it wasn't red... When we get the minimate version I'm gonna paint it red.

So does anyone know if the MiniMates Iron Man 2 Expo Tony Stark & Natasha Romanova has become scarce?

I pre-ordered one from BBTS, but I already noticed they are pushed back to August.

If that's anything like the PX Spider-Man two pack, they won't be getting any of those in.

While AFX still has pre-order on there site, meaning they won't be getting any in if their usual modus operi stays the same.

One a side note, my comic show is finally getting in series 35 this week.

I went to Border's yesterday to see what they had for sale. They had 4 Tony and sunglasses/Whiplash packs and nothing else. I asked if there were any more, but they said that was it. I only looked in the graphic novel section... I wonder if they had another IM2 kiosk somewhere else in the store... I want the Black Widow pack!

I went to Border's yesterday to see what they had for sale. They had 4 Tony and sunglasses/Whiplash packs and nothing else. I asked if there were any more, but they said that was it. I only looked in the graphic novel section... I wonder if they had another IM2 kiosk somewhere else in the store... I want the Black Widow pack!

The Black Widow 2-pack is exclusive to TRU, not Borders.

...which my local TRU is sold out of. The movie hit Friday and the guy at TRU said that Saturday morning they had one IM2 Minimate pack left. When he checked their system it said they weren't getting anymore of this wave and to take away the shelf space for it. Very weird.