UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some Whiplash. His hands are sculpted with the whip handles in them. There's holes in them for the whips (or your lightsaber blades if youso desire). And when you take off the harness, you see just how fun Russian prisons must be to live in.

100_2060.jpg

100_2058.jpg

Here's a side view of Black Widow to show her SHIELD symbol (or to show how flat-chested she is):

100_2081.jpg

Tony under the Mark IV armor:

100_2057.jpg

Huh...it looked like Whippy was wearing more orange than brown in the trailer...oh well...ya know, i figured he'd be a little more buff too. I get that with his tatoos it'd look a little bussy, but come on.

Oh, GH, how do the whips look "in battle" rather than free fall??

Widow looks fantastic, though i figured she'd have a much more serious face in the SHIELD suit than the party dress...I also guess this is what SHIELD Soldiers are gonna where once we see more of them, minus Spider Stingers. ;)

Curious about what accessories come in each set?

100_2052.jpg

100_2049.jpg

100_2050.jpg

100_2051.jpg

Other than the minor leg warping on Mk II and Mk IV, my biggest grip is the Rhodey head looks great, but both versions have holes inthe tops of their heads. They've got faces, hair and ears on the head, which look cool without the helmet, but the big hole just looks bad. Otherwise, these are great movie based mates.

Oh, GH, how do the whips look "in battle" rather than free fall??

Um, I don't know? I'm really not sure how to pose them like that. The whips aren't a tight fit into the pegs, but are tight enough to stay in. The ends of the whips are a little smaller and fit in the pegs loosely, but I can't tell if they're supposed to fit in there or if it's just happens to work that way.

And I meant what I said about lightsabers. If I had some more time tonight I'd find some and take a picture with Whiplash weilding two. The pegs almost seem made for them.

Nice Onyx, thank you for the information. There is 1 sole Borders still operating within a few hour drive of me (all the Barnes and Nobles drove them off years ago) I'll have to give it a shot.

I am surprised no one has seen the TRU versions in store yet.. hmmm.. there is always tomorrow.

Borders is owned by Barnes and Noble.

I went to Boders to check on the IM Exclusives. According to the clerk, they arrive today and will hit the floor within a day or two. They were good enough to ask for my name and said they'll call when they get them.

... and which Boarders might this be that's putting them out in a day or two?

San Francisco - Westfield shopping center.

Nice Onyx, thank you for the information. There is 1 sole Borders still operating within a few hour drive of me (all the Barnes and Nobles drove them off years ago) I'll have to give it a shot.

I am surprised no one has seen the TRU versions in store yet.. hmmm.. there is always tomorrow.

...No...no it is not...in fact they are the two biggest RIVALS in the book-selling industry. Where'd you get an idea like that?? :blink:

:no:

Went to my local Borders today. My wife used to work there, so we still know people there.

I asked about the Borders' exclusives and they brought them out to me.

I was told that they just got them in.

Went to my local Borders today. My wife used to work there, so we still know people there.

1z1d3xe.jpg

;) ;) ;)

That's great news, for all of us. I called my Borders again today, and the girl finally found them in the computer; i recall her saying "Aha!! Minimates!!" :lol: She said they were definitely n order as of the 27th of March, so give them about a week or two.

Works for me!!

1z1d3xe.jpg

;) ;) ;)

That's great news, for all of us. I called my Borders again today, and the girl finally found them in the computer; i recall her saying "Aha!! Minimates!!" :lol: She said they were definitely n order as of the 27th of March, so give them about a week or two.

Works for me!!

ironmanmates.jpg

:)

I got my army builder case today! The packaging is so cool, I almost don't want to open them. My set is #7! Neat! Looks like I got the correct ratio.

I'll definitely be hitting the nearest Borders tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

Edited by God Magnus

could i ask very nicely for some pics i would like to see the mark 4 masked and lifted mask and warmachine with ironman and could i see them all together plz thanks

If I can get some better pics this weekend I will, but my camera died after taking the last ones. I can give you this one of Rhodey with the mask flipped up on the Mk II and War machine:

100_2085-1.jpg100_2091-1.jpg

And of note, the flipped up masks are sculpted that way, that don't actually flip up. I'll try to get some pics of IM and WM with some drones also.

So when did Borders get into Minimates, did I miss something?

This is their first and only announced set, so far.

I just went through 37 pages and I finally tracked it down to the Ask DTS from March 1st. I may need to make a special trip today.

Called Borders and TRU today and came up empty. The Borders guy kept calling them Minimakes.. and I would say, "it's miniMATES" and he would reply, "ya.. those.. um I asked around and we just have big Iron Man stuff but we'll probably get those in a few weeks". So I thanked him for trying.

TRU told me that the UPC I gave her was too generic... mmkay..? Then she looked at the big display and couldn't see them.. Of course.. they are usually not set up with the giant movie displays so again I feel like I need to go check it out for myself.

Anyone else in the Salt Lake City area had any luck? It is looking like we are out another week before these start showing up nationwide... I had high hopes for today. :( Oh well, I broke out my IM1 minis to statisfy the addiction a bit. :)