UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Crayfish... I'm waiting

Yesterday a new member signed on, a name from the dark past that some of you will remember: Crayfish!

Come on, Cray, step into the limelight and say "howdy" to the masses. Frankly, I thought we'd lost you forever and couldn't be happier to see your handle show up. :)

Well everybody, you know what my momma always use to say: you gotta be a little late to make an entrance. Okay...okay...so I am about a little more than 3 years late...but hey, I did always have to be different.

Let me begin by introducing myself to the people that don't know me. My name is Sean "Crayfish" Rothe and I am one of the originals from the old Art Asylum boards...a minimate fanatic from a time when only a handful of us knew what a minimate was. I knew of what minimates were...seeing the big bulky 4 inch Star Trek, rock star, and Dark Angel minimates at my local comic book shop...but I didn't go nuts until the first set of Marvel mates were released...and the rest was history. I really enjoyed all the good old times over onthe AA boards and made a lot of good friends.

Well the last three plus years have been fairly eventful, I got married and really kind of drifted away from the internet minus the checking of my email. I had a job where I wasn't always online so I kind of just faded away...not really intentional. I even stopped being a completionist on my minimates...as to me...I don't want 50 billion versions of Spidey...although a real good removable mask version would be nice. I still collect (mainly the movie lines now) and my son who was too young at the time has followed in my footsteps and is a 10 year old minimate fanatic. We kind of share the collection now as his room has a upper wall shelfs than run around the room that serve as a trim...which is where all the mates are and where each new minimate goes.

I am an opener...minus three very special minimates:

1. 1. My Bombermate that Tim did for us (I own #34)

2. Santa Spidey

3. Toy Fair 2005 promo mate

I also hold the record for Biggest Internet Minimate Website Disaster as I had a majorly failed minimate and block figure site that never went anywhere...mainly because I didn't put the time into it like the guys here do and after looking over this site and the success it has had...I am very proud of Ady, Tim, Shane, Reindeen and the others and I hope this place last for a very long time.

The last thing I want to say is for the new people who have discovered minimates in the last one or two years. Be true to your fellow forum members, because the minimate collector community is filled with some of the nicest and most geniune people. I have helped people discover the joy of collecting minimates and they have helped me. Back in 2005, I lost almost all of my collection and other personal items to a thief after spending lot of money and time hunting for stuff. The AA/DST forum members as well as some others helped me out in a time when they really had no reason to. I guarantee, if you ever needed something, I would have your back as well as any of these other guys. To this I have always remained thankful and I hope the newest members here realize how lucky you are to be surrounded by these guys.

Anyway, I look forward to posting and it is wierd to be the new guy here with so many familiar faces.Take care and if anybody ever needs anything...just PM me. Now to try and find another SOTL boxset.

Later,

Cray

p.s. - I'm Back!!!

Edited by Crayfish™

I also hold the record for Biggest Internet Minimate Website Disaster

Wait do you mean The Block? I loved that website! B)

P.S. Welcome back! ;)

OH THE HORROR!!!!!!

Please destroy all evidence of that and let's never speak of it again. :P

BTW...so somebody do the quick 4 year recap...I am confused on some stuff:

1. So divebomb is Danny now?

2. What did you guys do with Kirby?

3. Has California tried to deport TBT yet? :D

4. What happens if I wake up and I am back in 2005?

Edited by Crayfish™

I also hold the record for Biggest Internet Minimate Website Disaster

Wait do you mean The Block? I loved that website! B)

P.S. Welcome back! ;)

OH THE HORROR!!!!!!

Please destroy all evidence of that and let's never speak of it again. :P

Hmmm.... Let's view the members. Crayfish...Blue Sparrow, Shock...waitaminute, I see what your doing. :P

A belated welcome to the Multiverse from one newbie to another (sort-of)! :)

So you were the guy behind that Block website! I stumbled upon it during my first few months collecting Minimates (this was just last year :lol:) and was actually kinda impressed with what you did on it back then, particularly the coverage on the more obscure and "uncommon" block figure types like Palz and Qees. I'd love to see what you can contribute here on the boards :D

Real shame about Kirb. Turns out his robotic wildebeest rehabilitation project got out of hand and he was crushed to death in a freak stampede. I still don't think they found all the capacitors.

In actuality, he faded away a few years ago. Popped up recently when he sold his Ozzy Prototypes to help finance his wedding, but haven't seen him since. It looks like he has left the fold.

Good to have you back Cray.

Edited by Ivan

BTW...so somebody do the quick 4 year recap...I am confused on some stuff:

1. So divebomb is Danny now?

3. Has California tried to deport TBT yet? :D

4. What happens if I wake up and I am back in 2005?

So you finally sobered up then? B) :biggrin:

Welcome back, man!

Let me bring you up to speed with those questions:

1. Unless he's working then it's Lorretta and he'll only reply if you have a stack of dollar bills to tip him!

2. See Ivans answer above!

3. Actually I left before I was " asked to" and now live in sunny/rainy/sunny Portland, OR

4.Then you should REALLY worry because you are a character in a soap opera!

T.

Welcome back Cray! Great to have you back in the warm bosom of the Multiverse :D

Divebomb was one of my many videogame aliases which changed depending on the style of game I was playing. I thought it made more sense to just be Danny on here.