UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why hello there

I have been a big follower of Minimates for a long time. While I collect the Marvel, DC and Trek figures sporadically, I'm a huge film buff so I'm far more partial to the movie Minimates (my fav so far are the Dollars mates). It looks like I can expect the Terminator, Ghostbusters, Godfather and Beverly Hills Cop mates will break my wallet. :biggrin:

Oh, and my username is taken from the sergeant from Aliens. I saw on the front page that DST is considering the Alien vs. Predator license, but I'd much rather they tackle the original Alien/Aliens and Predator. But that's not anything to worry about now....

Edited by Apone

Welcome Apone. Aliens is one of my favorite movies, and I've been wishing for Colonial Marines Minimates (and Kubricks!) for a long time. I hope that the T2 Minimates are selling better than they seem, and that this will be a springboard for Alien, Aliens, Predator, and Predator 2 Minimates.

Welcome to the board! :) I'd love to see more Moviemates as well, after seeing all the wild sets DST had Minimate-ized over the years it would be fun to see what they'll do next ;)

Edited by NorthRaider

Hi & welcome. You'll be getting your official,non-official,bogus & fake "Guess the quote from the movie" pretty soon so I'll get in first....

"Great bolshy yarblockos" :P

I love Alien & Aliens but Sigourney .............. :wub:

edit: I see a Trekker coming..................... :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

Greetings new guy! And yep... my clock tells me it's that time again. It's a T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!! I quote a movie, you name the movie that I quoted! Sound like fun?

Well here's the quote Apone... Enjoy.

"One Hundred and Sixteenth and Broadway! Thank you mirror."

Hi & welcome. You'll be getting your official,non-official,bogus & fake "Guess the quote from the movie" pretty soon so I'll get in first....

Good eye BHM :biggrin:

Guys, even I'm thinking this may be too much for the new guy to take in :confused:

Although one more probably wouldn't hurt, so I'll put in a quote of my own... not a movie quote though:

"So that's why my arse tickles sometimes!"

:lol:

"Yarbles!"

Though I really wish I knew the other two. :blush:

Greetings new guy! And yep... my clock tells me it's that time again. It's a T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!! I quote a movie, you name the movie that I quoted! Sound like fun?

Well here's the quote Apone... Enjoy.

"One Hundred and Sixteenth and Broadway! Thank you mirror."

I love Alien & Aliens but Sigourney ..............

edit: I see a Trekker coming.....................

Good eye BHM :biggrin:

Oh, and that one's Enchanted. Loved that movie especially since I find those Disney priness movies so old-fashioned (save Beauty and the Beast).

Edited by Apone

Well done on mine.

And honestly I'm not sure about KCD's

Lilo and Stitch

perhaps?

forgetting sarah marshall

love that movie so much :D

Ah... Isn't that a Chickflick? I never watch those... or horror movies... Well maybe when I get a GF I'll expand my movie horizons.

Well done on mine.

Lilo and Stitch

perhaps?

Ah... Isn't that a Chickflick? I never watch those... or horror movies... Well maybe when I get a GF I'll expand my movie horizons.

not really, it's one of "those" comedies, like wedding crashers, 40 year old virgin, superbad... and the lot. it does have more heart than the others though, and it surpasses the rest by far, IMO.

Well done on mine.

Lilo and Stitch

perhaps?

not really, it's one of "those" comedies, like wedding crashers, 40 year old virgin, superbad... and the lot. it does have more heart than the others though, and it surpasses the rest by far, IMO.

Did you know they actually paid me to eat and watch

?

That was sad :(

Not the movie, but the fact that they paid me to watch it...just like with

a fools gold and some other sucky movies

Edited by Aapje