UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those all look terrible. The proportions are all off, and they look cheap. Like something from the mid-'90s (a dark time for toys). Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Edited by karamazov80

I had been thinking the upcoming DKR Batman was going to be my last Mattel DC figure (barring any more DKR figures) buuuut....

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/batman-66-revealed

assuming his cape is assembled more like Zip-Line Batman (under the cowling, attached to his back) and he looks that good in person, I might need this Batman too.

holy s**t... now if I end up getting that Adam West Batman I need to buy a small ball and a length of twine to customize a bomb for him to hold, because you’re right... how can he NOT have a bomb?!

(and I wonder if there’s any 6inch scale spray cans, he needs bat-shark repellent too)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Elongated Man arrived yesterday. It's so awesome to finally have him, I've been axiously awaiting his release. I wish he had an extended neck like Plastic Man, but I love the magnifying glass, and the head looks much better in person than it did on the prototype.

ElongatedMan.jpg

Larfleeze & sub-exclusive Monsieur Mallah are April.

I can't wait. Another Lantern and gorilla (which is why I signed up for the sub in the first place)!

I really hope we get more Lanterns in the future (and not just Indigo-1, though she is definitely a necessity).

People's pictures of Phantom Stranger over on Fwoosh made me decide to keep him. He's a pretty cool figure, even if I have no connection to the character.

I do NOT want that awful Red Hood we're getting though. I'd have taken classic tux & cape Joker, I badly want Jason Todd. But whatever the h311 that thing is supposed to be is hideous, and I can't wait to get rid of it, even though I don't have it yet. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

I'm excited for that Red Hood; i loved Morrison's run and the biker look is...stupid. Mallah is gonna be one of the stars of the sub, definitely.

Finally got my Wonder Woman. She's pretty great; tied with Ivy for favorite female figure. Leaps and bounds above the old one, in my opinion. What i don't like is that, something that is only apparent now, the first case versions and later versions are different. My Wonder Woman, like most, have those eerie wide, bright BRIGHT blue eyes. The later cases that no one has seemed to notice yet have pretty, darker, much better painted eyes. Something at the factory obviously got fixed, i'm just irritated that i paid a slight premium for her so i wouldn't have to hunt her down, only to find that better ones are coming. Love the figure either way, but oy.

Oh, if you do plan to order her, watch the hairline. Mine is a little high, it's supposed to rest on the tiara.

I saw Wonder Woman at TRU a couple weeks ago and I just couldn't bring myself to buy her. She'd be the only New52 figure I've gotten (and are likely to get) so she'd stick out like a sore thumb. Right now, I'm on the hunt for DKR Batman, which has been spotted at Target. Gotta say, to everyone that bitches about buying stuff from TRU, try tracking something down at Target sometime.mad.gif

I'm definitely going to be selling my DCUC figures now, as my collection has grown too big and unwieldy. I'm glad Matty filled this niche though, and they were nice to have for awhile.

I won't be selling mine off, but I'm definitely not sure if I'm in for the sub next year. They'll have to really blow me out of the water with character selection, and I'm not sure that's possible at this point. As for retail, it's becoming harder and harder for me to imagine a scenario in which I want to buy New 52 figures. I bought my DKR Batman today (wub.png ), and it's quite possible that he'll be my last Mattel DC figure purchased in a store for the near future.

Yeah, I'm feeling that whole "Fool me once, fool me twice" scenario when it comes to re-uping. Not to mention too rich for my blood at this point and I can't sign up a 3rd year of a blind buying.

As for retail, it's becoming harder and harder for me to imagine a scenario in which I want to buy New 52 figures.

Well, spoilers for an upcoming Batman comic, but the scenario where

Carrie Kelley appears to be the new Robin

might get me to buy one...

Edited by battlecat

• 3 weeks later...

As for retail, it's becoming harder and harder for me to imagine a scenario in which I want to buy New 52 figures.

Well, spoilers for an upcoming Batman comic, but the scenario where

Carrie Kelley appears to be the new Robin

might get me to buy one...

a (spoiler) figure would be the best thing to come of that stupid idea (unless a magic portal from Universal 33 opens and she falls out, it’s a ‘in name only’ version of the character, so there’s no reason what so ever for (spoiler) to show up in the main cannon comics... unless that reason is to get me a retail figure of that character, in which case, make it so Mattel!)